Mods that are potentially causing problems post Spring patch...

nzcamel

Nahtanoj the Magnificent
Big noob question re mods:

I've never been a big user of mods, and especially not in the early days of a game when patches are coming out every other month.
Is it enough to disable any which are having issues post patch; and then enable them a bit later down the track? Or do you have to remove them (somehow), and re download later?

Thanks

if you got it from steam, eventually the mod owner will update the mod and you'll get the new version.

In general though, if a mod isn't working on the new version, the only thing you have to do is go into the Additional Content section and disable it. The game will still track it wrt steam downloads for the new version, but it won't affect your game anymore.

Artificially Intelligent works just fine, and is updated for new coastal values! :)

Alternative Civilization Colors is broke for me. During the patch up, seems they changed from RGB decimals under separate rows, to regular RGB's all in a single "Color" row. Updated everything to the new form and still no luck :undecide:

I can go into the game files, change it manually and it works just fine, but no luck as a mod.

I usually ditch my mods immediately post-patch and re-evaluate which I feel are still needed.

I usually ditch my mods immediately post-patch and re-evaluate which I feel are still needed.

Can that be done at the steam workshop end? Ditching that is.

Just un-sub from the mods. Before you unsub you may want to "favorite" them (or whatever it is) so you can find them more easily if you want to resub to them.

In civ5 you would have had to start the game and gone into the game's MODS menu but I am not sure if you need to do that step for Civ6 and the Additional Content menu. But I usually start a new throw-away game after unsubbing or subbing to mods on Civ6 Steam Workshop because because and this ensures the newly-subbed mods have all their content downloaded completely.

Top Bottom