Modular RoM Civics Buildings

Instead of a penalty of -3 happiness +5 with president, why not make it dormant without president and +2 happiness with it? This way as you change to different civics over time you can have the effects for your current civic buildings, but not get killed by penalties of older civics you won't ever go back to.

Even religious have a max of 2 turns of anarchy so that could be quite costly in and of itself to build all of those civics buildings. In fact that is the reason I never tried it, all of the anarchy.

What about like a "Conservation Center"? It would still be in the "Green" theme and would not involve power plants.

Fine, no more power plants. I will take some time and think a building through for this civic. I will not do anything involving animals since Ivory and Whale are obsolete by Green (in theory). It is too bad that the Recycling Center is already added, it would be the perfect Green building, maybe I should add a "Green" req. to it and Carhenge.

Isn't solar power plant already in RoM or was that HiTM?

It is not in Rise of Mankind, but I did see it in another mod.

A lot of the buildings in the modmod are just red bubbles, and a lot don't have pictures in the civilopedia. Just pink boxes. Is there a way to fix that? Did I not install it correctly?

You have it misinstalled. It seems like a file path issue; did you leave it in the "Custom_Buildings" folder? This module needed the "Custom_Buildings" due to BULL.

Final concern, there are existent happiness penalties for existing civics buildings (i.e. Polling Place's happiness is nullified by Communist and Fascist, Revivalist Church has happiness penalties under Secular and Athiest). Also, the AI switches civics for buildings, I have seen this in Snail games.

I find it amusing that no one has commented on the "Church of State" for Atheism.

Don't get the wrong impression, I want you to keep the building. ;)

Instead of a penalty of -3 happiness +5 with president, why not make it dormant without president and +2 happiness with it? This way as you change to different civics over time you can have the effects for your current civic buildings, but not get killed by penalties of older civics you won't ever go back to.
Because you can destroy buildings in RoM :).
I think when a player choose a Civics, if he want to use full of this Civics strenght, he have to build Civic buildings. The more player expand CB, the stronger the Civics influent his empire. So game will much deeper, when you have to plan the Civics and CBs ahead :).

Even religious have a max of 2 turns of anarchy so that could be quite costly in and of itself to build all of those civics buildings. In fact that is the reason I never tried it, all of the anarchy.
A Spiritual leader has no anarchy, or if player has already built the CristoR, he will never face anarchy any more.
Some CB boost hammer, food, or commerce, ... so when he try all Civics, and build all CB, he will get a huge bonus from them :).

A Spiritual leader has no anarchy, or if player has already built the CristoR, he will never face anarchy any more.
Some CB boost hammer, food, or commerce, ... so when he try all Civics, and build all CB, he will get a huge bonus from them :).

I often play a Spiritual leader and I still get two turns of anarchy, what am I doing wrong :)

Don't play with atheism often but would this be the stock exchange the penultimate temple to mammon :)

The Church of the State is representative of various policies (unofficial and official) real life "Atheism" countries did. Various communist counties had Marxist indoctrination, which was the equivalent of religious indoctrination. Also, in Turkey, Ataturk had various policies to disempower religion, which result in a high level of nationalism and a cult of personality around Ataturk. There is not a perfect building to represent that for both. Also, the Church of the State also acts as a hypothetical building for future atheistic civs.

It is one of those things which is hard to get perfect.

I often play a Spiritual leader and I still get two turns of anarchy, what am I doing wrong :)

Nothing, Zap has Spiritual leaders just have two turns of anarchy. No anarchy would be too powerful with all the civics in Rise of Mankind, not to mention Afforess' civics and my civics buildings.

Also, unrelated to Dancing Hoskuld's posts, another Green building idea. The Recycled Goods Factory (Subsidized Factory which uses recycled goods to make new goods (representative of companies which make doormats out of recycled tires and nutshells, if you live in California like I do, you can vouch for it)).
-Recycled Goods Factory
+20% Maintenance
+5% Production from Aluminum, Iron, Copper, Vulcanized Rubber, Synthetic Rubber, Glassware
+5% Commerce from Semiconductors
+1 Happiness from Biofuels, Geothermal Energy
+1 Healthiness from Oil
-1 Happiness from Oil, Coal
+10% Production speed with Chemicals
Req: Recycling Center
Tech: Ecology, Manufacturing

Explanation for Health: Recycling motor oil
Explanation for Happiness: Representative of "Green" attitudes towards those resources. Thinking about cutting that part.

Because you can destroy buildings in RoM :).
I think when a player choose a Civics, if he want to use full of this Civics strenght, he have to build Civic buildings. The more player expand CB, the stronger the Civics influent his empire. So game will much deeper, when you have to plan the Civics and CBs ahead :).

Yeah I always forget you can destroy buildings. Though i still think it would make more sense for them to lay dormant then need to be destroyed, that isn't very realistic I think. And then if you need to go back or something you regain the benefit.

Spelling mistake on the foundation. It 'povides' for me :p

I've encountered a weird problem.. I have Civic Buildings installed over Afforess' 1.51beta2, over RoM 2.8, over BtS 3.19, and for some reason I'm given the option to build all civic buildings that have been researched/unlocked, even when I don't have the appropriate civic in play...

=====================================================================================================

Aaaaaaaaand disregard, I just checked Afforess' thread and he seems to have integrated the civics building mod into his 1.53beta3 release. I'll give that a shot and see where it takes me.

Spelling mistake on the foundation. It 'povides' for me :p

I made that spelling error a lot (I did a search through the text file). Fixed that specific spelling error for several buildings.

Also, the next version that will be released will included Civics Units for Nobility (Noble, Lord) and Vassalage (Warlord Vassal, Viceroy) which function similarly to vincentz Warlords. They are basically specialized Warlords which give access to some interesting promotions...

I made that spelling error a lot (I did a search through the text file). Fixed that specific spelling error for several buildings.

Also, the next version that will be released will included Civics Units for Nobility (Noble, Lord) and Vassalage (Warlord Vassal, Viceroy) which function similarly to vincentz Warlords. They are basically specialized Warlords which give access to some interesting promotions...
Looking forward to that.:goodjob:

Maybe you can give a teaser on the interesting promotions?:mischief:

Looking forward to that.:goodjob:

Maybe you can give a teaser on the interesting promotions?:mischief:

OK, keeping in mind that many of these are designed to make combat the era between the Fall of Rome to Napoleon more interesting (as well as the Nobility and Vassalage civics useful). After that, "nobles" should lose out to vincentz Warlords for leadership and Nobility and Vassalage begin to lose out to President for "military" power civics. I also made the Vassalage "nobles" slightly better than the Nobility ones since many human players never play that civic.

-Led by Noble: +10% Withdraw (NOTE: Required for the rest of the Promotions, similar to Led by Warlord)
-Local Lord: +10% City Defense, +10% Withdraw, 10% Upgrade Discount, +10% Friendly Heal. Req: Vassalage (Defensive wars have just gotten more interesting)
-Dedication: +50% EXP Accumulation, Blitz. Req: Combat 2 (Knights are now a major threat to stacks without Pikemen)
-Tactician: +50% EXP Accumulation, +25% Withdraw (The key to making a frightening unit is now leadership, not luck)

OK, keeping in mind that many of these are designed to make combat the era between the Fall of Rome to Napoleon more interesting (as well as the Nobility and Vassalage civics useful). After that, "nobles" should lose out to vincentz Warlords for leadership and Nobility and Vassalage begin to lose out to President for "military" power civics. I also made the Vassalage "nobles" slightly better than the Nobility ones since many human players never play that civic.

-Led by Noble: +10% Withdraw (NOTE: Required for the rest of the Promotions, similar to Led by Warlord)
-Local Lord: +10% City Defense, +10% Withdraw, 10% Upgrade Discount, +10% Friendly Heal. Req: Vassalage (Defensive wars have just gotten more interesting)
-Dedication: +50% EXP Accumulation, Blitz. Req: Combat 2 (Knights are now a major threat to stacks without Pikemen)
-Tactician: +50% EXP Accumulation, +25% Withdraw (The key to making a frightening unit is now leadership, not luck)

Very interesting. I like this idea a lot, and it makes a lot of sense, historically.

I like it.:cool::goodjob:

I played with your cool Noble Warlord things in one of my game.

Can you figure out how to restrict them to a certain civics only? They get OP far into Renaissance :D.

I played with your cool Noble Warlord things in one of my game.

Can you figure out how to restrict them to a certain civics only? They get OP far into Renaissance :D.

There already is a PrereqOrCivic tag that I added for units. ;)

There already is a PrereqOrCivic tag that I added for units. ;)

What civic? Or is it for 1.6 version of AND? Because I don't see that in my game last time I played (1.52).

Top Bottom