Modular RoM Civics Buildings

balls i think atomic gamer is being wierd and i can't DL this atm, means i have to wait till its osrted before i can start a new game dammit

(also is this compativle with Afforess latest offering)

balls i think atomic gamer is being wierd and i can't DL this atm, means i have to wait till its osrted before i can start a new game dammit

(also is this compativle with Afforess latest offering)

A New Dawn already has Modular Civic Buildings in the installer.

well there is no problem then :p i must have missed it when i check what it includes, sorry for pointless question then Afforess

I played with your cool Noble Warlord things in one of my game.

Can you figure out how to restrict them to a certain civics only? They get OP far into Renaissance :D.

They should be restricted to Nobility and Vassalage. Those civics generally get ditched in the early Industrial era. Also, if you play with vincentz Warlords, the 20 and 25 Point ones unofficially obsolete the Nobles.

They should be restricted to Nobility and Vassalage. Those civics generally get ditched in the early Industrial era. Also, if you play with vincentz Warlords, the 20 and 25 Point ones unofficially obsolete the Nobles.

OK, looking forward to that restriction because I DID NOT play these civics as my gameplay don't require me to retort to them.

As for Warlords, i play Vincentz' new one, not the old one. He agrees that it wa too exploitative :).

OK, looking forward to that restriction because I DID NOT play these civics as my gameplay don't require me to retort to them.

The requirement should be there, but since they are part of A New Dawn, I hope Afforess includes the proper restrictions. I am also glad that they are getting people to play with the notoriously lousy Nobility and Vassalage civics, which was my goal to begin with.

As for Warlords, i play Vincentz' new one, not the old one. He agrees that it wa too exploitative :).

I haven't seen the new one, I was just going off of the one included by zap.

Just a thought, maybe the Treasury should only be buildable with Coinage/Mercantile/Free Market?

Just trying to figure if there'd be any building for Coinage is all.

Just a thought I had, lately my playing style has been to use Mercantilism for the Imperial Mint building due to the increased gold bonus. However, im begining to think it might be just slightly overpowered. Would it be possible to limit the number of imperial mints (such as found with a cathedral, only so many allowed per # of cities), as opposed to simply cutting the bonus amount?

damn double posts.

Attachments

• Guerrillas_CIV4CivilizationInfos.zip
    760 bytes · Views: 331
Generalstaff,
I found a typo and an error in your civilizationInfos.xml that you use. Here is a corrected copy, I would merge the changes with all your other civilizationInfos, because all of your CivilizationInfos have the same errors. It caused CTD's in rare cases.

View attachment 237627

Just a thought, maybe the Treasury should only be buildable with Coinage/Mercantile/Free Market?

Just trying to figure if there'd be any building for Coinage is all.

All economic civics could build some form of a treasury, so I do not see a need to restrict it. There are wonders on the other hand which should have some restrictions, but I am not going to edit it. I also have no plans to add buildings on the new civics Economic civics added by Afforess.

@Afforess: Thanks for the patch.

@little_cyclone: I could add a +5% Maintenance modifier. That would drain gold without meddling with the gold added by the building. Mercantilism is about accumulating gold, but is inefficient according to free market economic theory (which I tend to believe).

Is it possible for the building to drain commerce, to reflect overall inefficiency, while still providing the gold bonus?

Is it possible for the building to drain commerce, to reflect overall inefficiency, while still providing the gold bonus?

Yes. I could give it a -10% Commerce, which would require the player to have two precious metal resources to break even with it.

That sounds like an excellent idea :)

I really like Civic special buildings. Now I playing A new dawn 1.73 with Hydros Mod Mod, and Polish Empire custom civilization. I posted some screen shots to Funny and Interesting Civ4 screen shoot threat. I think about upgrade to Prehistoric Mod, but I heard that in new AND there is not Future civics category and I am afraid that it gives less to choose (I know civics were moved to other categories, but still)

Also I have no idea why in AND + HAND does not work UN special building and special units. I think they worked in ROM, but now they are not in Pedia and no to build. Maybe you guys know?

I really like Civic special buildings. Now I playing A new dawn 1.73 with Hydros Mod Mod, and Polish Empire custom civilization. I posted some screen shots to Funny and Interesting Civ4 screen shoot threat. I think about upgrade to Prehistoric Mod, but I heard that in new AND there is not Future civics category and I am afraid that it gives less to choose (I know civics were moved to other categories, but still)

Also I have no idea why in AND + HAND does not work UN special building and special units. I think they worked in ROM, but now they are not in Pedia and no to build. Maybe you guys know?

Thanks that you like them. The last version of these I made where for AND 1.74, and due to how Afforess made 1.75, it is likely the last version. The latest version is in my building pack. I also have to say, for the record, my biggest issue with Better ROM is the Civics changes Afforess made; IMO, Zappara got it 95% right, the only two mistakes being: Barter not allowing Corporations (Guilds mod) and Barter being named Barter (should have been named Subsistence).

Also, the reason the UN stuff does not show up is because Afforess changed the MLF file (I agree with the change since the Peacekeeping mod does not fit into the Future era and even then, it is not perfect). For it to work, just add to the MLF Control file in the Modules folder:
Code:
				<Module>
					<Directory>Buildings</Directory>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>

OK, thanks for answer. Now I know the reason at least. I though something like that as a reason. But I even had no chance to try them how they work. In which modules folder I should add this to make them to work anyway? Also I think if I will change that it will broke my Current game? Or maybe at least I will be able to restart it again with saving game via World Builder?

If you want to look at my current game from yours mods there are screens:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=10071350
But you can ignore question about UN, as now I know answer ;)

Top Bottom