[MODULE]D&D Druids

But anyways, I need a name for this spell-blocking promotion. I've already decided on an icon for it. See attached. The current idea I have is Clouded Mind, but it doesn't really seem to fit. Does anyone have a better idea for a short and simple promotion name ?

Prehaps Feral Rage, or Primevel Instinct?

As a side note, I've never seen the logic in a city attack penalty for assassins. If anything,shouldn't they have a bonus? Cities have more people, are easier to blend in with. Houses have drains, beams on the side to climb up, etc. I think assassinating someone in a city would be a lot easier than in an empty field.
That's normal people. Military commanders, mages, and priests (the people that get unit representations) live in strongholds with multiple guards, enchantments, and other security measures. As opposed to out in the field where they have a canvas tent. But I think it's mostly just a balancing issue.
Need a quick idea.

I'm blocking spellcasting while transformed, via a seperate promotion which just does the spellcasting. IT's meant to symbolize the druid's mind being overcome by animal instincts and urges, making him/her unable to focus. Where Natural spell represents a mastery of the art, allowing one to maintain mental focus. Natural spell will just be a promotion that removes/prevents aquiring the spell blocking one, and also will be checked in some python parts.

But anyways, I need a name for this spell-blocking promotion. I've already decided on an icon for it. See attached. The current idea I have is Clouded Mind, but it doesn't really seem to fit. Does anyone have a better idea for a short and simple promotion name ?
Primal Haze or Overwhelming Instincts

How about a spider form with poison attack, invisible animal and hidden nationality? Could be useful for worker harassing or just scouting enemy territory.

The panther has the hidden bonus, and does almost the same. But maybe some nations should get a national UU which adds the spider form if it fits better flavor wise :)

You could also add the hidden nationality promotion in one of the forms...

Agreed, WK. And, the Archos have spiders with 2 of the 3 promotions Exsequien suggested. Personally, if you're going to buff the normal druids, for balance's sake, I think you need to buff up the Haruspex and the Redactor. I'm not saying you should buff them in the same way, by giving them all these polymorph options...but they'd need something, for balance's sake. I can't see a Redactor or a Haruspex polymorphing, but maybe 1 or 2 unit specific powerful spells? Something up to par with either bless or tsunami, while fitting flavorwise.

Give the Haruspex a summon that creates a shadowy giant spider, give it Fear as a promo, then let him use it as a "really scary fireball" to spread units out for other Archos to eat alone.

Agreed, WK. And, the Archos have spiders with 2 of the 3 promotions Exsequien suggested. Personally, if you're going to buff the normal druids, for balance's sake, I think you need to buff up the Haruspex and the Redactor. I'm not saying you should buff them in the same way, by giving them all these polymorph options...but they'd need something, for balance's sake. I can't see a Redactor or a Haruspex polymorphing, but maybe 1 or 2 unit specific powerful spells? Something up to par with either bless or tsunami, while fitting flavorwise.
Haruspex are pretty much just a Druid replacement, so they could use some buffing, but Redactors are a completely different unit. They replace Druids about as much as Abominations replace Immortals. And they definitely don't need to be made more powerful.

I could see a haruspex polymorphing into a spider.

That's the general direction I'm going with this module. If I add something for the haruspex, it'll be a spider form, not a summon. For one, transforming means you can keep all your awesome promotions, as very few are passed onto summoned units

This project is on hold. I ran into a wall because I couldn't get the MLF working. I intend to resume work on it fairly soon, hopefully. I'm also going to be working on new art for druids soon, and I had always intended to do the two things at the same time.

OMG tvtropes is awesome, thanks for introducing it to me

We need more animals, and I agree with Valkrionn, Natural Spell is too late, make it level 10 or something.

Top Bottom