Moff Jerjerrod's WW2 Global - Reloaded

Oh boy! This sounds very exciting. Looks like the Sea War part is going to be very interesting. Can't wait to see how the AI will handle some of that. Like how you want to do Lend Lease. What took place on the Seas and Air. Did clearly have an effect on the Land war. Perhaps we should look into playing as a group? To get the full effect out of the game with all the changes.

You bring up a great point RKP. If you like I can post the latest biq and all of the files up somewhere and email you the link later on today when I get home. I sure would love to have some play testers help me out.

Anyone else interested in helping playtest?

Ach du lieber!

Spoiler :

Looking forward to the new version, Commander. I'd be happy to do some playtesting for you.

Attachments

• oopses.JPG
    oopses.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 958
Good timing Anthony! I just happened to log into CFC today for the first time and noticed your bug report. I've fixed this error in the new version. I'll PM the link to the main files to you but do you have an email address for the biq? Or I could just post it online if you prefer.

Moff

Hi,
Why don't you go public with your latest version?
Bet you'll have more playtesters to iron out bugs and give you feedback.

You have a good point Emerentius. I'll provide the link in my development thread under the main Civ3 Creation and Customization forum. ;)

Hi,
Do you have a link to this link in "my development thread under the main Civ3 Creation and Customization forum" ? ;)

Not yet, however I'm planning on providing one this evening. Last night I uploaded the beta version again to fix some issues that were found by RKP and AnthonyBoscia. Now I just need to open a new thread since I can't find my old creation thread.

I loved Rocoteh's WWII Global so I can't wait to try the your Reloaded version!

Have you ever thought about doing a version with a smaller map? I always find that the loading times can be annoying as hell, and wish there was a smaller version of a WWII scenario to play.

So, I was doodling around in the editor and came up with the attached biq. What do you think? I used Rhye's Earth Map and stripped the resources and modified it a little to work better with some of the cities (and I took out all those pesky volcanoes), then added some cities with borders to see if they would all fit.

Attachments

• WW2-GlobalReloaded2.0Rhye's.zip
    124.2 KB · Views: 179
I keep coming up with this message, before the game crashes.

"Art\Units\AmerInf1941\AmericanRiflemanRunFoot1.wav"

I have asked about it before, but the advice I was given didn't work unfortunately :/

I keep coming up with this message, before the game crashes.

"Art\Units\AmerInf1941\AmericanRiflemanRunFoot1.wav"

I have asked about it before, but the advice I was given didn't work unfortunately :/

I had this one as well. You fix it by looking in the 1941 infantry file. I if the missing file is not there, search for it and copy and paste it into the folder. If it is there, check the .ini file in that folder to make sure it is spelled correctly. (no spaces or stray marks).

Some good advice for general troubleshooting might be to make a .biq where you have one of each unit and a city with every building, so the game checks each unit. This will weed out errors and get it up and running. You might also want to read colonel kraken's guide to adding units. It will give you a good sense of how to add things and where the process might go wrong, and how to fix it.

Hey Creamcheese
IS this the exact error
""Art\Units\AmerInf1941\AmericanRiflemanRunFoot1.wa v""

If so, go find the file in AmerInf1941 folder, edit it to
""Art\Units\AmerInf1941\AmericanRiflemanRunFoot1.wav" - get rid of the space in word "wa v"
If not still go the folder AmerInf1941 - find any file ending in .wav - for example

"AmericanRiflemanRunMove"

and edit to "AmericanRiflemanRunFoot1.wav"

The sound will be different - but it fixes the game and gets you back to playing

I hope this helps...

Hey Creamcheese
IS this the exact error
""Art\Units\AmerInf1941\AmericanRiflemanRunFoot1.wa v""

If so, go find the file in AmerInf1941 folder, edit it to
""Art\Units\AmerInf1941\AmericanRiflemanRunFoot1.wav" - get rid of the space in word "wa v"
If not still go the folder AmerInf1941 - find any file ending in .wav - for example

"AmericanRiflemanRunMove"

and edit to "AmericanRiflemanRunFoot1.wav"

The sound will be different - but it fixes the game and gets you back to playing

I hope this helps...

No there's no space in the error message, it just keeps putting the space in when I post it on here for some reason... I can't find any sounds files at all to be honest, only animations...

edit: I've been looking through all the unit files and there's a fair amount of units that have no sound files at all. Is this right?

Hey Creamcheese

1. try copying the file and pasting it to your desktop and change it on your desktop - then delete the problem file and paste in the one from the desktop

2. here is a screen shot of what files are needed in your folder

3. this website wont allow uploading of .wav files - just go and get any .wav file and rename it - this to will get your game back on track... then check the website to find the file/folder you need

As long as the file name is the same the game will run (it doesn't care what sound it is)

Attachments

• Amerinf1941.jpg
    Amerinf1941.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 191
Hey Creamcheese

1. try copying the file and pasting it to your desktop and change it on your desktop - then delete the problem file and paste in the one from the desktop

2. here is a screen shot of what files are needed in your folder

3. this website wont allow uploading of .wav files - just go and get any .wav file and rename it - this to will get your game back on track... then check the website to find the file/folder you need

As long as the file name is the same the game will run (it doesn't care what sound it is)

None of those files are in the folder for AmeriInf1941 :sad: and looking through a lot of other files it's the same story... Would it be worth just reinstalling do you think?

Can you find any .wav files... you only need to find one, copy it, then rename it to "AmericanRiflemanRunFoot1.wav"

Then drag this file into the folder 'AmerInf1941'. This will fix the problem (just not the correct sound the original designer intended - but it will let the game move on

Sure you can re-download the file - you may still get the same issue though..

It is not me that need the help, please reread my post pvincent.

Don't reinstall, the file structure is set up so that you use less space, not duplicating file that are used by muliple units.

Check the .ini file for the 1941 infantry! it will tell you where the game is looking for the missing file and where it should be.

Top Bottom