Mongolia

.... are you serious right now?

This is the current icon for the mongol's Ger. It's taken from the Goth civ's Hov from the Fall of Rome scenario (Firaxis, Civ V G&K expansion). It's A mudbrick hovel with a thatch roof.
This is the art for the Kiiz Uy (kazakh word for ger) from the Kazakh civ by DJSHenninger. This icon closely resembles a ger in appearance because the artist' intent was to depict a ger, as opposed to, say, a thatch-roof hovel

My question is if it would be possible to ask DJSHenninger for the use of his art asset (on the bottom, the one that looks like a ger) so that the mongol's ger looks like a ger. Because as @infidel88 so astutely pointed out, the art in question looks just like how a ger looks in real life.

Last edited:
Ok, I thought icon you posted was current one. And to be honest, unless it is more than 2 clicks, it's not worth the effort :)

.... are you serious right now?

This is the current icon for the mongol's Ger. It's taken from the Goth civ's Hov from the Fall of Rome scenario (Firaxis, Civ V G&K expansion). It's A mudbrick hovel with a thatch roof.
This is the art for the Kiiz Uy (kazakh word for ger) from the Kazakh civ by DJSHenninger. This icon closely resembles a ger in appearance because the artist' intent was to depict a ger, as opposed to, say, a thatch-roof
hovel​

My question is if it would be possible to ask DJSHenninger for the use of his art asset (on the bottom, the one that looks like a ger) so that the mongol's ger looks like a ger. Because as @infidel88 so astutely pointed out, the art in question looks just like how a ger looks in real life.

I reached out to him way back in the day and did not hear back, and I don't appropriate content without permission. Just squint and the current one looks fine. :)

G

Just PM'd @DJSHenninger. He has consented to the use of the icon. Actually I was surprised how fast his reply was
Spoiler :

upload_2017-10-26_14-0-38.png

Last edited:
So what’s the next step here? I’ve never participated in any changes wrt to the base CBP, and there’s been 2 updates since permission for the new icon was granted.

Do I submit this as a “bug” on github and have G take care of it?
Is there somewhere I should upload the relevant icon atlas, or will G or someone else handle this?

So what’s the next step here? I’ve never participated in any changes wrt to the base CBP, and there’s been 2 updates since I secured permission for the use of the new icon.

Do I submit this as a “bug” on github and have G take care of it?
Is there somewhere I should upload the relevant icon atlas, or will G or someone else handle this?

The asset pasted above is not the full resolution asset - I figured that those who cared about it would fish that out for me and paste it here.

G

Fair enough. Should be portrait index 2 in these files.

Attachments

• Kazakh_Icons.zip
    627.8 KB · Views: 96
In comparison to the Siege Tower, isn't the Khan awful?

Medic 1&2 on both, but the ST also has +1 sight and sapper... versus +3 movement for the Khan. Should we do something about it, or was the Khan purposely left weaker?

Medic 1&2 on both, but the ST also has +1 sight and sapper... versus +3 movement for the Khan. Should we do something about it, or was the Khan purposely left weaker?

What does one have to do with the other?

The Khan also provides normal GG benefits.

I mean yeah both are civilians, but comparing them still isn't easy. Do you assume Assyria have a great general as well as a siege tower? In that comparison the Khan is free and a lot more mobile. The Khan also technically remains active the entire game.

I feel like Mongolia is really good already, and doesn't need anything. Unless the data shows that Mongolia isn't doing well then I don't think we need a change.

Unlike the khan, siege tower is slow, needs to be built, one can only have two at any give time (and later on can't be replaced if destroyed). It's a good UU, but I find Mongolia strong enough as it is both on its own and compared to Assyria.

Having recently played Mongolia, I was wondering if their UA needs a change? The Ger and Khan are very solid for what they have but I greatly dislike the annexation of CS with their UA.

Playing Authority, tributes are very important. Yet, the heavy tributes for Mongolia gives you a city that loses some/most of its buildings as though it's newly conquered. What changes can we make to improve this?

I'm just guessing that Mongolia now gets a lot of yields for annexing a city-state(depending on what type, annexing a maritime grants a huge food bonus per cities, annexing a cultured grants a culture bonus per cities [so that cities can expand as well], or annexing a militaristic grants you all their units) and then a national WLTKD for annexing any city-states.

Then the cooldown gets reduced to 25 Turns instead of 50, but now a solid -500 is added to the CS's afraid status, so it's harder for them to be annexed without actual troops and territory bordering them.

:thinking:

Top Bottom