More Civ 6 leaks?

Not sure if I like Gorgo's ability, it was underwhelming in Civ 5 though combat strength numbers seem higher here. Still sounds like it'll really fall off mid-late game. She sounds like a good warmonger buddy though given that agenda, as does Gilgamesh.

I guess Peter likes other civs that are ahead in Science/Culture and behind in other areas?

I think it's saying he likes empires who are ahead of him in both science and culture and dislikes empires who are behind him in both.

In other words, if you don't have anything for him to steal, he'll be rolling his cossacks up to your door.

So we learned the following two city-state suzerain bonuses in this thread:

Mohenjo Daro (Cultural): All suzerain cities are considered to have access to fresh water.

Valetta (Military): Allows purchasing buildings with faith in city center and encampment; protective buildings like walls have to be purchased with faith, but the cost is really low.

Do we understand what these (auto-translated) city-state abilities mean?
Kumasi (Cultural): Sovereign city-state trade route provides each one pair 2 , and was obtained from the departure city every town +1
urban centers, aqueducts and neighborhoods are not added to the total

Buenos Aires (Trade): Suzerain reward resources will provide the same resources as luxury Satisfaction (luxury resources), each provided 1:00

Hong Kong (Trade): When the city was suzerain city project + 20%

Carthage (Military): Every sovereign state at the military post provides an additional trade route

Mohenjo Daro (Cultural): All suzerain cities are considered to have access to fresh water.

This and the Zanzibar's ability (2 extra lux) will make them the hot cake of envoys from players, although did we even saw Mohenjo Daro in any lets play or Developer's stream so far?

Along with the potentially cool gameplay angle of never ceding cities (maybe), note that Gorgo'a agenda will likely cause her to DoW on those who just got trounced in a war, and hence vulnerable. Expect Spartan snowballs if that'a the case.

But you could knock them down a peg if and when they do attack you. With Gorgo your only choice is to become the most hated civ in the game by razzing cities or wiping her out. If she declares war on you that's it, it's like every turn the game rolls a dice to see if you lose today. Your only choice now is lose the war or become a pariah. Playing a peaceful civ? Sorry, better luck next game.

The only way it would work is if you're rewarded for fending her off with decreasing likelihood of aggression from her.

It's not about being annoying, it's about her removing any and all control from you over your circumstance simply by existing. There needs to be some counter play.

Have you considered making a Status Quo peace the first time and *then* building a strong enough military she won't attack you again? Or just defending? Or asking a friend to come help defend you, which can either prevent war in the first place, help you survive without having to devote anything ridiculous to military, or eat the warmongering for you?

Her deal is she won't surrender, but she definitely is still willing to take winning deals and status quo. Of course, if she takes a winning deal she'll think you're weak and come back again later... but that's interesting. You get a chance to defend yourself again, anyway.

Do we understand what these (auto-translated) city-state abilities mean?
Kumasi (Cultural): Sovereign city-state trade route provides each one pair 2 , and was obtained from the departure city every town +1
Trade routes from suzerain civilization (probably to this city-state only) grant 2 additional culture, plus 1 gold for each district in the origin city, except city center, aqueducts and neighborhoods.

Buenos Aires (Trade): Suzerain reward resources will provide the same resources as luxury Satisfaction (luxury resources), each provided 1:00
Each bonus resource provides 1 amenity (counts as amenities from luxury resources).

I guess this means +20 city defense for each city.

Carthage (Military): Every sovereign state at the military post provides an additional trade route
I have no idea, but a wild guess - garrisoned units provide additional trade routes.

Valetta (Military): Allows purchasing buildings with faith in city center and encampment; protective buildings like walls have to be purchased with faith, but the cost is really low.
These sound correct.

My guesses for the following:

Sovereign trade routes to CS grant +2 culture, and +1 gold per District in the starting city.

Grants an extra copy of each type of Luxury you own.

+20% production towards projects.

Encampments add 1 to your trade route cap.

I guess this means +20 city defense for each city.

I have no idea, but a wild guess - garrisoned units provide additional trade routes.
I think you're right about the first two, but for Hong Kong I would guess:

+20% production when building Projects (I guess this includes the "District Projects", Space Race stuff as well as Nuclear projects)

and for Carthage:

Each encampment provides +1 trade routs

because I cannot see how garrisoned units could provide trade routes (and it seems like that would give too many trade routes anyways...)

Grants an extra copy of each type of Luxury you own.
I guess my interpretation is more correct. "Reward resources" sound like "bonus resources" to me.

+20% production towards projects.
You're right. I misread this.

Encampments add 1 to your trade route cap.
Yes, it's likely you're right.

But you could knock them down a peg if and when they do attack you. With Gorgo your only choice is to become the most hated civ in the game by razzing cities or wiping her out. If she declares war on you that's it, it's like every turn the game rolls a dice to see if you lose today. Your only choice now is lose the war or become a pariah. Playing a peaceful civ? Sorry, better luck next game.

If you're a peaceful civ, just beat her. Her Agenda doesn't say she never surrenders - it says she won't give you her cities in a peace deal (well, my interpretation, anyway). So if you're playing a peaceful civ and you get attacked by her, you do the same thing you do against any other civ - fight them off until they surrender.

This is true if that even necessitates invading their lands, because again - she'll surrender if you take half of her empire; she's just not going to give you half of her empire. So if you're in a situation where that is required, like many other civs call upon players to do so - the counter play if you need to invade is to ensure that you pillage as much as you possibly can before you return her stuff. Obliterating a civs army, and then destroying the productive value of half of their empire (pop loss on conquest, totally removed tile improvements, pillaged buildings and districts) will certainly prevent them from knocking on your door anytime soon.

Since you return the cities, the warmonger penalties are refunded, so your reputation in the world isn't damaged.

Literally the only thing this changes is that you can't chip away at her empire piece by piece. Taking a city or two in different wars until you're able to deal the killing blow. It means if you want to strike the killing blow - you need to do it one swoop.

Which will certainly be challenging if you sail across the sea and find a sizable greek empire in the new world. That, I think will make for a very interesting opponent to deal with.

Last edited:

It does add in an interesting dynamic though with Gorgo being one of the leaders in your game. You either make nice with her from the start, knock her down a peg or two by knocking out her districts / improvements if she declares war on you or just straight up wipe out the entire Greek empire as soon as you find it. In my opinion it provides a small change of pace as you can't chip away at the empire as you can with others. If you go to war with Greece being led by Gorgo you have to be ready for the long haul and dealing with the resulting consequences as the war could drag on for many turns.

Perfect example would be if you've captured 50% of Gorgo's empire and she's down to say three cities. You are ready to move in for the kill on those last few cities but Gorgo manages to wrangle a last minute alliance with some of other strong AI's that could potentially match your armies strength. Now you have a choice, either retreat back home and cede all Greek cities back to Gorgo or go all in and pray you have enough military strength to fight a war on multiple fronts. Yes, you can get this scenario with the AI as it is but with Gorgo she won't surrender to you if the peace deal in question isn't fair to her.

I'd interpret Buenos Aires to be "any resource provided by being suzerain grants 1 amenity each" - so it includes strategic resources and gives +1 amenity for any luxuries.

So apparently Gandhi's Leader Agenda is called either Pacifist or Peacekeeper wherein he likes peaceful civilizations and dislikes warmongering civilizations.
I'm more intrigued by this quote.
Either it means he can't have it as it's is default stance, or it could mean they've changed Ghandhi up to really be peaceful:
For obvious reasons, the leader does not give itself the tendency is very similar or exactly the opposite of hidden features, such as: Pedro II never get "great advocate" hidden features; Gandhi never get "bomb maniac" hidden feature; Terracotta never get hidden features "spectacle addiction"; and so on.

The devs mentioned that civs won't get hidden agendas that directly conflict with their primary agenda - so perhaps the Gandhi Nuke joke is dead.

My interpretation of Ghandi is he still likes to nuke but won't do it unless already inclined to dislike you because of your own war mongering.

Will be interesting to see Gorgo's agenda in actual play. It's a bit suicidal in some ways and it seems the way to beat her is to pit her against multiple opponents. Unlike other civs, she can't weasel out of fighting opponents. She's all in.

Top Bottom