More Civ 6 leaks?

Well, there's Rome and... does Frederick have Italian cities in his city list?
So far as we have seen no. And I know he was a holy roman emperor but as leader of the German Civilization I really hope and highly suspect there are no Italian, Austrian, Czech or Dutch Cities on it's list.

Maybe not as much Italian cities as last time but I do agree that at least Venice should have been a City state.

So far as we have seen no. And I know he was a holy roman emperor but as leader of the German Civilization I really hope and highly suspect there are no Italian, Austrian, Czech or Dutch Cities on it's list.
Wasnt there at least Vienna? Also, I thought I'd seen an Italian city once. Would it be right to assume the city lists are dependant on leader, and not civ, btw? So, if there was the old Fritz (the other Frederick :D ) as an alternative leader for Germany for example, there would be more old Prussian (today Polish/Russian/Baltic?) cities in the list, like Olzstyn/Allenstein or Sczcecin/Stettin or of course Kalingrad/Königsberg.

Maybe not as much Italian cities as last time but I do agree that at least Venice should have been a City state.
Florence, too, I think.

From another page on the website : when someone beat you to a wonder, the tile where the unfinished wonder is located won't be usable unless you salvage the wonder, which would refund 15% of the production spent on it.

[Salvaging] requires a builder charge.
So having to clear the tile could easily cost you if you only just started construction on the wonder. That increases opportunity costs on those occasions when you go for one just because nobody else seems to.

Things you can do to confirm something: Vehemently cover it up

Like I wasn't sure wether to trust that source completely until the question material was removed

Well, we already knew from the Ed Beach incident that Gorgo would be a leader. This leak just confirmed it and gave us some more info like her Leader Ability.

*checks official YouTube uploads*

Sigh. Wednesday then?

blackcatatonic,

Same here. Was hoping for Gorgo or an interesting blog with something good.

Wasnt there at least Vienna? Also, I thought I'd seen an Italian city once. Would it be right to assume the city lists are dependant on leader, and not civ, btw? So, if there was the old Fritz (the other Frederick :D ) as an alternative leader for Germany for example, there would be more old Prussian (today Polish/Russian/Baltic?) cities in the list, like Olzstyn/Allenstein or Sczcecin/Stettin or of course Kalingrad/Königsberg.

Maybe your thinking about the weird HRE civ in Civ4 which had a strange list of city names, mostly from civs/countries that weren't in the game as themselves and included Czech, Italian, Belgian, Polish, Swiss etc cities.
I think Königsberg and maybe even Stettin could be down on the German list and I don't see any problems with that, because they were German cultured cities for a long time.
Kaliningrad could be on the Russian and Sczecin on the Polish one for that matter. Constantinople and Istanbul have always been the capital of the Byzantines and the Ottomans respectfully even though it is the same city.
It's more clear that way if you keep it as Civilization City lists, especially since the HRE is absolutely not the same as Germany. It was dominated by German cultured states and so on and you would really offend people if you put Czech, Dutch, Belgian, Italian, Swiss or even Austrian Cities on a German city-list.
For example: the whole of the (European) Netherlands were part of the HRE during Fredrick Barbarossa's reign, but hardly any Dutch person would feel itself represented by a German King, where most people here never have even heard about and would even be offended if any Dutch city would appear on a German city-list. And without a doubt the same goes for any Italian, Belgian, Czech, etc person. I rather have Amsterdam as a City-state (or not in the game at all) than on a German city-list and luckily thats exactly what Firaxis has done.

But to go back to the topic maybe the person of the leak can look into the city-lists or we just wait 10 more days and look for ourselves :).

Hmmm, very nice find! Let us now decypher what some of these leaks might entail:

So we learned the following two city-state suzerain bonuses in this thread:

Do we understand what these (auto-translated) city-state abilities mean?
Kumasi (Cultural): Sovereign city-state trade route provides each one pair 2 , and was obtained from the departure city every town +1 urban centers, aqueducts and neighborhoods are not added to the total

Your trade routes towards city states will generate +2 culture and +1 gold for each 2 districts on the destination city (urban centers, aqueducts and neighborhoods doesn't count).

A good way of incentivating trade with city states, synergizes greatly with certain policies.

Buenos Aires (Trade): Suzerain reward resources will provide the same resources as luxury Satisfaction (luxury resources), each provided 1:00

Flavour resources (cattle, wheath, fish, etc) provides amenities as if they were luxuries (each source provides one)

That would be a very powerful bonus, not too different to Zanzibar exclusive Cloves & Pepper unique luxuries (and quite historically accurate considering that Argentina's prime exports are soybeans and cattle).

Hong Kong (Trade): When the city was suzerain city project + 20%

+20% production to district projects (research projects, prayers, etc).

Useful, straightfoward no-nosense bonus. Combine with democracy for maximum city project madness!

Carthage (Military): Every sovereign state at the military post provides an additional trade route

Every city state with a military district provides an additional trade route for you.

Nice, kinda passive bonus, yet very fitting for Carthage.

So having to clear the tile could easily cost you if you only just started construction on the wonder. That increases opportunity costs on those occasions when you go for one just because nobody else seems to.
We don't know whether salvaging Wonders requires a builder charge, I'm just saying harvesting resource requires it. Some actions like repairing improvement don't require a builder charge, so anything is possible.

So no Italian city states. :hmm: I wonder what that's about.
Either an Italian civ, or a bunch of them, like Venice, Florence and Sicily. Not that they would come anytime soon, but it would make sense for them to not add Italian CS considering all the work that goes into them now, it's not the same to change 1 to add another civ, say, Carthage for example, than change 5 or more Italian ones to add 1 civ.

Either an Italian civ, or a bunch of them, like Venice, Florence and Sicily. Not that they would come anytime soon, but it would make sense for them to not add Italian CS considering all the work that goes into them now, it's not the same to change 1 to add another civ, say, Carthage for example, than change 5 or more Italian ones to add 1 civ.
I'm still on the fence about this conclusion, but it is a possibility. One is wouldn't mind.

Also, about Gorgo not surrendering, I think you may be overeacting a bit on the "perpetual war" scenario, should she declare war on you, you can always grind her down to force her to accept a white peace, or at the very least give her I don't know 10 gold, just so she feels like she won (and will dislike you more for agreeing to an unfavourable peace with her)

However on the defense, she will be much harder, since if you take any city, she won't sign peace (and that's a really good detail from Firaxis)

In any case, she will be annoying once she is set to hate you. She will probably be one of the leaders you want to be friendly with, just to avoid the annoyance.

I'm still on the fence about this conclusion, but it is a possibility. One is wouldn't mind.
Well, in civ5 we got Venice, I think the natural progression for Ed, would be to push for either more Italian civs, or a unified Italy. Of course, probably until an expansion.

I wonder how many people knew about this because I've never seen it get discussed on this site - or maybe it had, but I wasn't so observant.
It's been in my tooltips since forever, though.
Taken from Quill's England Let's Play (I forgot which one, maybe 4 or 5)

I wonder how many people knew about this because I've never seen it get discussed on this site - or maybe it had, but I wasn't so observant.
It's been in my tooltips since forever, though.
Taken from Quill's England Let's Play (I forgot which one, maybe 4 or 5)

It was determined to be filler text from the Civil War scenario in BNW.

This is a fantastic illustration of the potential multiple leaders have with leader specific abilities. Ancient Greece itself didn't conceive of itself as one united group, but rather a united group in the face of a larger "Other." With this, the idea of the super artistic and literate Greece dismantled and there's a better idea of the nuances of Greek city state culture. I never liked how in prior iterations they lumped all the city states together under Alexander, even though I get where it all comes from. It's just nice to see the Spartan side of things, to be honest.

On that, the unique attribute of never accepting any demands is incredibly smart on Firaxis' part. She literally will only admit defeat if you capture every part of Greece, or if you give her tribute. Also the flavor of hating civs that haven't gone to war is incredible! It seems that this iteration really has made the first part of the game a free for all, which is so necessary to ensure the greater flavor of the culture game (re: archeology. what's the fun in finding your own old spear?) as well as creating situations where the map has become a product of original national beliefs that morph over time. Very rarely in Civ5 did you find civs on other continents with one or two cities that clearly belonged to someone else, or rarely did you find a whole civ enveloped into another unless it was one warmonger like Alexander or Askia. This seems to ensure borders will be constantly shifting depending on the geopolitical situation that is guaranteed to happen on each continent or each region.

Top Bottom