1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More Civ 6 leaks?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by nitedemon, Oct 10, 2016.

1. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Chieftain

Yup, leak Gorgo sounds great, she will be a must play for me, as I loved the culture on kill from civ5 Monty, I can see letting the barbarian scouts find your cities on purpose, and set your hoplites ready for the culture farming.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  2. BenZL43

BenZL43 Physician - still can't spell this correctly.

oh really? It's just a filler? Ack, thought we're going to have a Civil War scenario in Civ 6 :(
    Great thanks, now that I know I can remove it.

3. CaiusDrewart

CaiusDrewart Chieftain

Haha you're right. A wise decision by the devs.

By the way, I hope they wrote Gorgo's dialogue so that she speaks briefly and directly. The Spartans were a famously terse people (and proud of it). Hence the word "laconic."

4. elitetroops

elitetroops Chieftain

I hope Gorgo's agenda also somehow changes the way she looks at warmongers. It's quite sad if she dislikes you for never being at war, but dislikes you even more if you declare at someone.

5. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

I dont care as long as she wears armor! :D

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  6. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Chieftain

Only if you loose, if anything she respects strenght.

7. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Yes! I don't even care if it's historically inaccurate.

8. ales_

ales_ Heir

Same as what happened to the Belarusian blogger's video announcing Russia. Another proof that it's true.

9. Kolath

Kolath Eternal Lurker

So, I have mostly been following the well of souls previews and this is the first I've seen of Gorgo. What's the deal with her? Is she some scenario-specific or DLC leader? I hadn't seen mention of multiple leaders for civs (though the mechanical setup appears to imply you could have different leaders).

10. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

She's their big secret reveal, second leader for Greece. (and fitting the leader picture board that was leaked earlier)
    (accidentally leaked on one of the Let's plays when they opened up the civilopedia for leaders)
    Probably to be revealed this week or next.

ales_ likes this.
  11. Kolath

Kolath Eternal Lurker

So is only Greece getting a second leader? (Or is the idea that other leaders would be future DLC?)

12. Zelda1983

Zelda1983 Chieftain

Spain gets Isabella

13. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

Others would be DLC...Spain's Isabella probably a very early DLC as she was on the leader picture poster

14. Ulthwithian

Ulthwithian Chieftain

I wonder if they're going to do a 'flip Greece' approach with Spain and make Isabella more of a 'Peaceful Spread of Religion' Leader where Philip is more warlike. I don't think that would necessarily fit their respective histories, but it would flip the focus of the Civ similar to how Pericles -> Gorgo flips Greece from peaceful Culture to warlike Culture.

15. Nightsong

Nightsong Chieftain

That's an interesting idea but I feel a little differently with how they should go about differentiating Philip and Isabella. Spain under Philip is more religious focused which ties into their Unique Unit (Conquistador) and Unique Infrastructure (Mission) which provide bonuses to faith and religion. Instead of a second heavy religious leader for Spain, they could do something tied into Spain's Civilization Ability, Treasure Fleets and give additional bonuses from trade / exploration (similar to Isabella's ability from Civilization V (Seven Cities of Gold) where she got gold for discovering a Natural Wonder and then additional culture and happiness from the Natural Wonder tiles).

Atlas627 likes this.
  16. Eagle Pursuit

I suspect Isabella will either be more exploration-oriented, or provide better Theological Combat Strength. That's an aspect of religion that hasn't really been addressed yet in any uniques.

17. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Warlord

With Philip focusing on Religion, I'm pretty sure Isabella will be exploration-focused.

18. Eagle Pursuit

Pedicle and Gorgo are both culture-focused, just in different ways. Phillip and Isabella could both be religion-focused in different ways.

BornInTheLoo likes this.
  19. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Warlord

Yes, but Isabella was known for the age of exploration, we have no exploration-focused civs and she had such bonus in Civ5. So, I'd say it's highly possible. She could tie together religion and exploration, though.

20. Eagle Pursuit

She is also known for initiating the Spanish Inquisition and the forced conversion of Jews and Muslims in Spain.