More War Elephant Flavor Units

sepamu92

Prince
After seeing Chugginator's Flavor War Elephants, I was inspired to make some of my own. All of them use (naturally) War Elephant animations. Big thanks to Chugginator for all his elephants, and for his Germanic worker, and also to Bakuel for his Andean skin, and to anyone else I may have forgotten. Feel free to use them however you wish and of course be sure to give me credit :D

Here are six elephants made by Chugginator

Here's another Medieval elephant made by Chamaedrys

And now, without further adieu:

Celtic

Download the Celtic Elephant!

Inca

Download the Inca Elephant!

North African (good for Mali, Ethiopia etc)

Download the African Elephant!

Mongol

Download the Mongol Elephant!

Native American

Download the Native American Elephant!

Nordic (good for all types of European civs)

Download the Nordic Elephant!

Nice. I can't wait to see Native American war elephants in Ambreville's 1640AD NA mod. :)

Looks great! I like the Mongolian Elephants leather armour :) Also you could easily make a Slavic elephant out of the Nordic one (I used the same nif model for the Germanic and Slavic workers, just different textures) if you wanted.

There's also an elephant in the EDU mod that could be used for Rome/Greece (it is mounted by the charioteer).

Looks great! :goodjob: I like the textile designs on the side of the Inca, North American and North African ones. And the hand print on the North American one of course. :)

So basically in the XML you can add a style for every single civ, if you wanted.
That's what I'm planning to do. It seems the best way to do it.

EDIT: Would anyone be willing to create buttons for these?

Wow, really nice flavour and great quality!!!
Is it possible to add them in a simple manner to the regular game or another mod (modular loading maybe? but not sure how that works...)?

<KFM>Art/Units/WarElephant_Carthage/WarElephant_Carthage.kfm</KFM>

Took me a while to get the rider NOT to sit on a 45 degree angle around the elephants neck.
People never seem to point you to the right kfm file for some reason.
Cheers for the elephant though, I did mangle the rider texture to make it blond :p

<KFM>Art/Units/WarElephant_Carthage/WarElephant_Carthage.kfm</KFM>

Took me a while to get the rider NOT to sit on a 45 degree angle around the elephants neck.
People never seem to point you to the right kfm file for some reason.
Cheers for the elephant though, I did mangle the rider texture to make it blond :p

Thanks a lot Spankyfart :) I just got BTS and you spared me a lot of time searching the good animation for these great units :)

Top Bottom