[POLL] More Wonders for VP

What exclusive Enlightenment Era World Wonders you would like to see added in this mod (max. 3)

• Wat Pho (Thailand) (around1688) tied to Economics

• Buckingam Palace (England) (1703) tied to Navigation

• Paro Taktsang (Bhutan) (1692) tied to EE-Flintlock

• Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland) (1810) tied to EE-Wargames

• Yellowstone National Park (USA) (1872) tied to EE-Wargames

• Arc de Triomphe (France) (around 1830) tied to EE-Wargames

• Bastille (France) (from XIV to late XVIII) (but as a prison) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Taman Sari (Indonesia) (1765) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Stone Town (Tanzania) (1830-1840) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Bolshoi Theater (Russia) (1776/1825/1856) tied to EE-Romanticism

• other (suggest in the thread, please)

• Canal du Midi (France) (1681) tied to Navigation

• Fontanna di Trevi (Italy) (1776) tied to Economics

• Modlin Fortress (Poland) (1806) tied to EE-Fortifications

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm getting "Unable to load texture error" for Wonder_Millau_64.dds constantly with 10.3

I'm getting "Unable to load texture error" for Wonder_Millau_64.dds constantly with 10.3
Everything seems to be ok with VFS importing causing such errors. Try to compile once more and check if rest of Millau pictures shows up. Anyone else experiencing similar problem?

v0.10 rev. 4 on Github:
  • added missing bonus for Bioluminescent Bay with value +1:c5science:/Fish;
  • added new Promo Icon from Dallol promotion from @Asterix Rage;
  • added 2 new corrected promo icons from @Asterix Rage;

Anyone else experiencing similar problem?
No, play with this wonder without problems.

Just a description problem, Sea :trade: instead of Land :trade:

upload_2020-11-1_14-39-44.png

Second game i'm playing with this mod and enjoying a lot. About the bugs: Lavaux spawned 2 wines in both games, Wieliczka never spawn salt. Maybe you need to assure some not improved tiles of the luxury type around the city when you complete.

Ais seems to build them when they can.
The problem is that such fields exist. I even deleted with IGE everything around the city. Same issue. You can see on github my screenshot with an example, where IGE says its possible to place Salt, but function is not doing that for some reason.

Everything seems to be ok with VFS importing causing such errors. Try to compile once more and check if rest of Millau pictures shows up. Anyone else experiencing similar problem?

v0.10 rev. 4 on Github:
  • added missing bonus for Bioluminescent Bay with value +1:c5science:/Fish;
  • added new Promo Icon from Dallol promotion from @Asterix Rage;
  • added 2 new corrected promo icons from @Asterix Rage;

It was weird to me too, since the *.dds opens normally in GIMP without problems. Will recompile and try again - it's really annoying when this error appears every time I select city or unit now (once I reached tech to build it).

It was weird to me too, since the *.dds opens normally in GIMP without problems. Will recompile and try again - it's really annoying when this error appears every time I select city or unit now (once I reached tech to build it).
This kind of error shows when dds files are not listed in main mod file with VFS enabled equal 1. If they are with zeros, mod cannot find them and throws an error. Everything seems to be good on my side. Download latest build and try it.

This kind of error shows when dds files are not listed in main mod file with VFS enabled equal 1. If they are with zeros, mod cannot find them and throws an error. Everything seems to be good on my side. Download latest build and try it.
Ok, I rebuilt it and it works properly now - thanks! You might want to double check the promo given by trans-siberian railway. In the game I'm playing now it actually weakens my units, moving in tundra/snow costs me +1 movement point making all units way slower.

Ok, I rebuilt it and it works properly now - thanks! You might want to double check the promo given by trans-siberian railway. In the game I'm playing now it actually weakens my units, moving in tundra/snow costs me +1 movement point making all units way slower.
Strange, because I used ExtraMove option in UnitPromotions_Terrains. I cannot set -1 probably... I will think of it.

Dear Adan,

Orszaghaz is a ideology wonder but don't give a free policy, is this normal ?

For wonders with mountains bonus (Gate of The Sun, Goebekli Tepe, Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, Banff Springs Hotel, Arecibo Observatory), you choose to use Building_PlotYieldChanges which gives the bonus directly on the mountain, which is hardly usable in most cases. Wouldn't it be better to use Building_YieldPerXTerrainTimes100 like Machu Pichu to give bonus to the city without consuming citizens ?

I like natural wonders, it's an anchantment to discover at the crossroads of several lands, The Bermuda Triangle :)
But sometime I have display problems during creation.

Example for Kailash Mount

On stategic view, you can see mountains on north

Spoiler Strategic view :
upload_2020-11-9_18-5-51.png

But no on normal view.

Spoiler Normal view :
upload_2020-11-9_18-7-49.png

Thank you, I'm going back to prepare the Polar Expedition. :thumbsup:

Orszaghaz is a ideology wonder but don't give a free policy, is this normal ?
Of course, not. I just missed the fact that every wonder of that kind gives one. I will rework them to give the social policy.
For wonders with mountains bonus (Gate of The Sun, Goebekli Tepe, Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, Banff Springs Hotel, Arecibo Observatory), you choose to use Building_PlotYieldChanges which gives the bonus directly on the mountain, which is hardly usable in most cases. Wouldn't it be better to use Building_YieldPerXTerrainTimes100 like Machu Pichu to give bonus to the city without consuming citizens ?
I think you are right. That is what some user mentioned earlier, that Machu has yields given directly to the city. I will change that for sure.
But sometime I have display problems during creation.

Example for Kailash Mount

On stategic view, you can see mountains on north

Spoiler Strategic view :

But no on normal view.

Spoiler Normal view :
Seriously, I have no idea what causes that, especially when one of the mountains is not even around the NW! I could think of some glitch during changing the terrain around NW. Can you post some more examples? Reloading the save does not help? What IGE says?
Thank you, I'm going back to prepare the Polar Expedition. :thumbsup:
Good luck!

On github v0.10 rev. 5:
  • Orszaghaz now gives 1 free Policy instead of 1 Congress Vote; updated plan for rest ideology wonders in the op;
  • Mountain yields now given directly to the city of the wonder (Gate of the Sun, Goebekli Tepe, Banff Springs Hotel) or correspoding city on the map (Arecibo, Darjeeling);
  • added dummy to Darjeeling; Darjeeling now global bonus to Mountains (should be from the beginning);
  • fixed descriptions for Mountains and Karnak's Flood Plains (also X100 function);
  • fixed description for Arecibo (wrong yields);
  • fixed many op errors;

For version 0.9, Etchmiadzin Cathedral's faith to culture conversion is not working. Building_YieldFromYieldPercent seems to not correctly handle culture as an output.

For version 0.9, Etchmiadzin Cathedral's faith to culture conversion is not working. Building_YieldFromYieldPercent seems to not correctly handle culture as an output.
Try to report this problem on Vox Populi github. It's built-in sql function I used and I cannot check what's inside it. Post the link here if you do so.

Did you check other similar conversions?
upload_2020-11-10_18-15-41.png

Last edited:
Seriously, I have no idea what causes that, especially when one of the mountains is not even around the NW! I could think of some glitch during changing the terrain around NW. Can you post some more examples? Reloading the save does not help? What IGE says?

I reload save many time in my game, no change.
I find the same problem in my next game :

Spoiler Normal view :
upload_2020-11-11_12-12-17.png

In fact it's a tundra hill

Spoiler Strategic view :
upload_2020-11-11_12-13-39.png

and IGE identify the same thing

Spoiler IGE view :
upload_2020-11-11_12-15-21.png

Thank you for the rev. 5, not test all changes but for Gate of the Sun, it seems OK.

Play my last game with feminine voice, very plaisant and what a force of conviction!

I would need your advice or your help for a civilization that I have changed.
The unique improvement of the Tehuelche People, the Kan, is equated with a camp and a pasture and therefore has the bonuses that flow from both. But for World Wonders restrictions, I couldn't find better than modifying in MWfVP to make it work (really fantastic lua, so it's very easy).

Spoiler Example : :

tValidIsHasImprovement[GameInfo.Buildings.BUILDING_NAZCA.ID] = {
eRequiredImprovement1 = GameInfoTypes.IMPROVEMENT_CAMP,
eRequiredImprovement2 = GameInfoTypes.IMPROVEMENT_DMS_KAN,
iRequiredImprovements = 1
}

But in order for potential users of this civilization to build these wonders, how could I make the change in my mod (if possible)?

Thank you

I would need your advice or your help for a civilization that I have changed.
The unique improvement of the Tehuelche People, the Kan, is equated with a camp and a pasture and therefore has the bonuses that flow from both. But for World Wonders restrictions, I couldn't find better than modifying in MWfVP to make it work (really fantastic lua, so it's very easy).

Spoiler Example : :

tValidIsHasImprovement[GameInfo.Buildings.BUILDING_NAZCA.ID] = {
eRequiredImprovement1 = GameInfoTypes.IMPROVEMENT_CAMP,
eRequiredImprovement2 = GameInfoTypes.IMPROVEMENT_DMS_KAN,
iRequiredImprovements = 1
}

But in order for potential users of this civilization to build these wonders, how could I make the change in my mod (if possible)?

Thank you
If this unique improvement is in addition to camp and pasture, in other words if all three improvements are possible to build, I wouldn't bother with adding this improvement to the list (I didn't add any of unique improvements to not to overpower some civ, making easier to build one or other wonder fot them).

If this improvement substitues both improvements, then it would be necessary compatibility patch with table you created and some lua function.

Last edited:
I reload save many time in my game, no change.
I find the same problem in my next game :

Spoiler Normal view :

In fact it's a tundra hill

Spoiler Strategic view :

and IGE identify the same thing

Spoiler IGE view :
Sorry to say, but I cannot reproduce this bug. I loaded few huge maps to see as many wonders as possible and all terrain around was generated correctly. Try to compile the mod once more and check if the problem persists.

Anyone else has the same problem with visual glitch?

Sorry to say, but I cannot reproduce this bug. I loaded few huge maps to see as many wonders as possible and all terrain around was generated correctly. Try to compile the mod once more and check if the problem persists.

Anyone else has the same problem with visual glitch?

I know I have this problem when I use the Perfect World 3 map script. For whatever reason (and for me, only with this map script) tiles are visually different than what they really are, unless I use strategic view. This bug occurs whether or not I use More Wonders for VP though, so this mod can't be the cause of it.

Last edited:
upload_2020-11-12_10-25-44.png

I will add instruction for this in the op.

Top Bottom