Most Epic Songs

When I think epic, I think long. So to be an epic song, the song should at least be 6:00 minutes long. Hey these are my rules, I make em up (obscure Carlin reference here). So while Song #2 is a cool song, it's not epic. I'll make exceptions to songs for epic movies such as Rocky above. That movie is epic therefore the song is epic.

Kudos to Seventh Son of a Seventh son. I love that song and album. It's a great album to listen to at night with the lights down low. I also like to listen to it on the open road at night.

Since Kashmir and Stairway were mentioned, I'll mention another long Zep song I love. Kashmir rocks a little more, and not as bluesy as Since I've been Loving You (also another epic song at over 7:00 long). But I feel some of Zep's "newer" music doesn't get enough recognition.

Link to video.

Thanks for turning me on to Muse, I never heard their music before I admit I only clicked the link for the suggestive picture that was on the freeze frame youtube image. They have an interesting sound. And a cool ass video to boot.

@Squarg: i don't like Ryan Adams !

Anyway to post more songs. (most of my fav epic songs were posted - Live Forever, Three Days and stuff)

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Oh My Lord
Which can't be found on youtube except in live versions.

Pink Floyd - One of These Days

Link to video.

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

Link to video.

Deep Purple - Child in Time

Link to video.

I like the Battlestar Galactica Soundtrack version...

"O Fortuna" takes the cake, and someone already posted ES Posthumus' Pompeii, but these are also really great:

"Nara" - ES Posthumus

Link to video.

"One-Winged Angel" - Nobuo Uematsu

Link to video.

"Kashmir" - Led Zeppelin (bah, someone already got it)

Link to video.

"The Ride of the Valkyries" - Richard Wagner

Link to video.

"Bram Stoker's Dracula: The Beginning" - Wojciech Kilar (starts out slow, but crescendos nicely)

Link to video.

"Bram Stoker's Dracula: Vampire Hunters" - Wojciech Kilar

Link to video.

Top Bottom