Most Overrated Games

You just don't get it, do you? No one here gives a damn about the numbers corporate-sponsored organizations tack on to the retail packaging.

Heh heh heh? I know that Metal Gear Solid 4's mode score is an 8/10 even though IGN and Gamespot (and Famitsu as well) gave the game a perfect score. Heh.

Maybe the lowest score that a game has received could help, but sometimes games usually considered great get really low scores from some publication. Somebody gave Metal Gear Solid a 2/5 whereas IGN gave it a 9.8/10 and named it the 20th best game of all time last year. Twilight Princess' lowest score is a 78%, Brawl's is a 75%, and SMG's lowest is a 90%.

But it just seems nowadays that Super Mario Galaxy went the opposite way of Super Mario Sunshine. It deserves the 9.7/10 IGN gave it, but it should have an average of 94-96% at Gamerankings, not 97% (that's ahead of everything but Ocarina of Time, and SMG was even #1 for a short while (WTF?)). Super Mario Sunshine was criticized because of difficulty, and Gametrailers said that Super Mario Sunshine is the 2nd toughest Mario game (only Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels is tougher according to them). They made Super Mario Galaxy a little on the easy side whereas SMS was a bit on the difficult side. They said SMS wasn't enough "Mario". Well, SMG is almost too much Mario, at least more than Mario 64. They criticized SMS because a good number of shine sprites had to be obtained through collecting missions. SMG basically pushed all collecting missions back until after you beat the game and had ending #1 (which isn't necessarily beating SMG, IMO, I have to think that Nintendo wants you to go past the 1st ending).

IMO it appears on paper that Super Mario Galaxy is more difficult than Super Mario Sunshine, though. They just need to make it 100 (not 50) star bits to get a 1-up and presto! Then the only flaw is a frustrating spring suit.

SWEIN, advertising equals score inflation to keep interests to get more advertising to make more money, do you comprehend?

Actually yeah, that's probably about right. Though I'm quite stoned as to how its lowest score is a 90% when other games have ultra-low lowest scores that are still labeled as great games by most people (ex. Metal Gear Solid's 40%, Super Smash Bros. Melee's 50%, Final Fantasy XII's 40%, etc.)

IMO Civilization is the most overrated series of all time. Who the hey has time to play those games?

IMO Civilization is the most overrated series of all time. Who the hey has time to play those games?

I do, because I don't spend all my time looking up game websites for their reviews and memorising every single one, then post it on CFC even when its completely irrelevant.

What? Do I have to play Civ4 on weekdays to get everything set clean?

Pretty much. I only play around 2-4 hrs. when I sit down to play. (all day long once per week) But my games take me around a month or two to finish. Mostly because I play on maps larger than huge on marathon. I don't have to complete a game every time I sit down at my computer. I usually grow very attached to my current games because of this making losing even less desirable.

Shoot I think I have always had a "My current Civ game" since 1991-2 (When Civ 1 on SNES was released.) This is probably the only game franchise I can say that I have always had a game I was working on for the past 16 years. (At the expense of feeling old as hell, I have had a current civ game I was playing every day you have been alive Swein if you are 16 or younger...)

I have had a current civ game I was playing every day you have been alive Swein if you are 16 or younger...)

Oh,

theres no doubt about that.....

I do, because I don't spend all my time looking up game websites for their reviews and memorising every single one, then post it on CFC even when its completely irrelevant.

Yeah, even before I did that I couldn't understand. I mean, people are completing 24-hour sessions in 5 weeks? And I take 5 months do the same? Though, I must admit I was only playing on the weekends.

And Brawl is overrated by anyone who thinks it is perfect or the best game ever.

Any game is overrated by anyone who thinks it is perfect or the best game ever.

Yeah, even before I did that I couldn't understand. I mean, people are completing 24-hour sessions in 5 weeks? And I take 5 months do the same? Though, I must admit I was only playing on the weekends.

And Brawl is overrated by anyone who thinks it is perfect or the best game ever.

Brawl is the best game I have ever played. Closely followed by Counter Strike: Source.

that would have been my answer......because it's not great minds think alike, it's great minds answer, then others just agree......

Well, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Twilight Princess both add important gameplay aspects to their series, but they are otherwise very similar to their GCN counterparts. Both games deserve only a 9.5/10, but no more. On the other hand, Super Mario Galaxy is the perfect fusion of old-school and new ideas. Easily a 10/10. Sure it has flaws, but I'm just doing it in increments of 0.5 (like Gamespot or PALGN). Not to mention Nintendo was aware of the flaws. They put in a second quest, just like Super Mario Bros. or The Legend of Zelda on the NES, and made sure you had your life count reset to 4 lives at the beginning of each session. Oh, and did we mention that it brings a lot of things that were lost in the Mario franchises' move to 3D? Fireballs, super mushrooms, even LUIGI (WTF at him not being in Mario 64 or Mario Sunshine), are back. And Luigi's playthrough in SMG is probably the closest thing we'll get to Luigi's own, PROPER, Super Mario Bros. game.

The only way somebody could like Brawl or TP more than SMG is because they prefer fighting games or action adventures to platformers (which is COMPLETELY feasible in this world).

Top Bottom