Most Overrated Games

WTF! SSBM was far from a disaster...

...except in IGN's eyes, who betrayed us by not putting it in their most recent best games ever list and instead put SSB64 at #50 (WTF?).

But a "disaster" doesn't sound like it could make #6 in GameFAQs' Readers' Choice Top 100 List.

yeah SSBM was a dissapointment........and the fact I can't ever manage to spell disapointment right......crap wrong again....

I retract my previous statement, I just played Melee again, and yes it's better tahn the original...... it's not a dissapointment........crap, wrong again......WHY CAN"T A SPELL DISSAPOINTMENT RIGHT!???!?!

Brawl > Melee > Original.

That's not to say the Original wasn't incredibly awesome, but Melee and Brawl both improve on their predecessors.
QFT

Hmmm...

-Gamerankings
SSB64: 80%
SSBM: 90%
SSBB: 93%
-Metacritic
SSB64: 79%
SSBM: 92%
SSBB: 94%
-Gamespot
SSB64: 7.5/10
SSBM: 8.9/10
SSBB: 9.5/10
-IGN
SSB64: 8.5/10
SSBM: 9.6/10
SSBB: 9.5/10
-Eurogamer
SSBM: 10/10
SSBB: 9/10
-PALGN
SSBM: 9/10
SSBB: 8/10
-Netjak
SSBM: 6.5/10
-Gamespy
SSBM: 90%
SSBB: 4.5/5
-Edge
SSBM: 6/10

Moderator Action: Penalized for spamming
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

1.Mortal Kombat
2.Pick-a-Hand
3.any MMORPG
4.DDR
5.Yu-Gi-OH
6.Halo
7.Halo2
8.Halo3
9.Pick a Madden
10.Baseball

Metroid Prime is overrated.

Nah, I'm kidding, it deserves it's high marks. Just can't wait until I get Wi-Fi access (someday...I hope) and download Super Metroid. At first I found there to be a little too much backtracking, but then again...

A) Most of the backtracking I did was unecessary.
B) The Metroid series is the reason why backtracking exists in the first place (damn you, Samus!).

From what I've heard, there's this one place in Halo where you keep coming to time and time again.

Oh, and anybody heard of Soul Calibur Legends?

ummmmmm, no, much cooler characters, and for that fact alone, I pick SSBM as the best in that series.....

Head over to forum games, so as not to spoil it ;)

I think the charactors in Melee were a downgrade. I have always played as pikachu cuz the little guy is fast and in melee I saw no reason to have pikachu and both raichu in the game. Melee felt a little "quickly repackaged and released". And the level design was poor IMO. The map you played on could kill a newb faster than another player could. Most people that play melee and dont know the levels usually die ALOT just because of the map.
Brawl went with the classic style of basic maps that aint moving around.

Let's see, SSBM was good, and SSBB just makes enough changes to be better than SSBM, but it still doesn't fall withing the godliness of Super Mario Galaxy or Twilight Princess. Actually, it's pretty clear that no Wii game so far is perfect.

Swein, again, you realize reviews now a days are all about money panhandling rite? Do you really think the whole slew of games that have averaged 9s and tens are honestly that universally liked and praised?

I think the charactors in Melee were a downgrade. I have always played as pikachu cuz the little guy is fast and in melee I saw no reason to have pikachu and both raichu in the game.

I did think that Pikachu and Pichu, Mario and Dr Mario, Link and Young Link, and to a lesser extent Marth and Roy were to similar, but there was enough completely new characters to offset that.

Melee felt a little "quickly repackaged and released". And the level design was poor IMO. The map you played on could kill a newb faster than another player could. Most people that play melee and dont know the levels usually die ALOT just because of the map.

It depended on the stage. Pokefloats, Mute City, Big Blue, the spinning one which I cant remember the name of, Rainbow Road and the Ice Climber stage where (IIRC) the only ones where noobs could die a lot because of the map.

Swein, again, you realize reviews now a days are all about money panhandling rite? Do you really think the whole slew of games that have averaged 9s and tens are honestly that universally liked and praised?

Heh heh heh? I know that Metal Gear Solid 4's mode score is an 8/10 even though IGN and Gamespot (and Famitsu as well) gave the game a perfect score. Heh.

Maybe the lowest score that a game has received could help, but sometimes games usually considered great get really low scores from some publication. Somebody gave Metal Gear Solid a 2/5 whereas IGN gave it a 9.8/10 and named it the 20th best game of all time last year. Twilight Princess' lowest score is a 78%, Brawl's is a 75%, and SMG's lowest is a 90%.

But it just seems nowadays that Super Mario Galaxy went the opposite way of Super Mario Sunshine. It deserves the 9.7/10 IGN gave it, but it should have an average of 94-96% at Gamerankings, not 97% (that's ahead of everything but Ocarina of Time, and SMG was even #1 for a short while (WTF?)). Super Mario Sunshine was criticized because of difficulty, and Gametrailers said that Super Mario Sunshine is the 2nd toughest Mario game (only Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels is tougher according to them). They made Super Mario Galaxy a little on the easy side whereas SMS was a bit on the difficult side. They said SMS wasn't enough "Mario". Well, SMG is almost too much Mario, at least more than Mario 64. They criticized SMS because a good number of shine sprites had to be obtained through collecting missions. SMG basically pushed all collecting missions back until after you beat the game and had ending #1 (which isn't necessarily beating SMG, IMO, I have to think that Nintendo wants you to go past the 1st ending).

IMO it appears on paper that Super Mario Galaxy is more difficult than Super Mario Sunshine, though. They just need to make it 100 (not 50) star bits to get a 1-up and presto! Then the only flaw is a frustrating spring suit.

Heh heh heh? I know that Metal Gear Solid 4's mode score is an 8/10 even though IGN and Gamespot (and Famitsu as well) gave the game a perfect score. Heh.

Maybe the lowest score that a game has received could help, but sometimes games usually considered great get really low scores from some publication. Somebody gave Metal Gear Solid a 2/5 whereas IGN gave it a 9.8/10 and named it the 20th best game of all time last year. Twilight Princess' lowest score is a 78%, Brawl's is a 75%, and SMG's lowest is a 90%.

Top Bottom