Most Scary movie

Hotpoint said:
The first time I saw John Carpenters The Thing it frightened the life out of me (I was maybe nine or ten).

I watched it again the other night and despite being made in 1982 the special effects are still some of the best I've seen. IMHO the script and cast are first rate too with a great depiction of paranoia and suspicion
The Thing is a top quality film, I was pretty scared first time I watched it when I was younger. The whole concept is certainally quite terrifying!:eek:

The last thing that scared me was probably 'saw', didnt really scare me but like did as well :S

I have to say, the ten minutes of Hanniobal I watched made me feel physically sick.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. :evil:
The original, not the steaming pile of excrements that is the remake.

I've never been scared by a film. Resident Evil on the Gamecube, on the other hand, had me terrified at points. Because you're actually thinking "I'm going to die", and not "this guy is going to die".

I've yet to see a film that doesn't make me feel too detached to be scared.

Not exactly a movie but I'd have to say sex and the city - the only filmed media product that really got me scared because it made me think of some women possibly really being that kind of digustingly stupid #@*$...

ok, I don't really like scary movies, and I probbably wil never see the think, but you talk about the concept being scary, and now I want to know what it is, could you tell me please?

Sure. Just be sure you want to read it, because knowing in advance sort of takes a bit from the film. (But then, you find out early on if you can speak Norweigan... so it's not such a bad thing)
Spoiler The Thing :
The 'Thing' is a highly intelligent Alien Organism which can immitate any lifeform it consumes. It has no real shape of tis own, and hides in immitations of other creatures in order to survive, and hunt down more victims. The immitations are perfect. If it becomes a dog, it'll act like a dog. If it becomes a person, it will gain their personality, manerisms, memories. It can even re-create their clothing with its own cells. It operates on the cellular level, so even a small ammount of 'Thing' can attack and consume someone, and it can multiply by simply deviding itself between several imitations. Also, thought they work togeather as an organism, each cell has it's own personal survival instinct and will fight to defend itself if threatened. Physical trauma a does nothing to a Thing, it can only be killed by burning and in destroying it you must be certain that the entire thing-mass is destroyed. If even a portion of it goes unscorched it can recover and come after you again.

I've seen like, 3 horror movies. Ever. I can't stand them, they scare the crap out of me. I will jolt when the smallest thing happens, :lol:. I heard the Ring was scary as hell, but I watched it in darkness, and I wasn't scared. I actually laughed. The scariest thing I saw was an alien from "Signs". (I saw it when I was little). I felt my spine go warm, not cold, as usual. Freaky.

The Audition is CRAZY-****-scary!

But for me, Event Horizon scared me the most as i saw that when i was quite little.. didnt dare watch it all the way through.. even in middle of day!

I actually liked signs, and all the other M Night movies, and I suspect that I would like hitchcocks movies too if I saw any.

Mars Attacks! scared me so much that I taped over it so that it was gone forever... that was about 8 years ago, though.

Yuri2356 said:
Spoiler :
The 'Thing' is a highly intelligent Alien Organism which can immitate any lifeform it consumes. It has no real shape of tis own, and hides in immitations of other creatures in order to survive, and hunt down more victims. The immitations are perfect. If it becomes a dog, it'll act like a dog. If it becomes a person, it will gain their personality, manerisms, memories. It can even re-create their clothing with its own cells. It operates on the cellular level, so even a small ammount of 'Thing' can attack and consume someone, and it can multiply by simply deviding itself between several imitations. Also, thought they work togeather as an organism, each cell has it's own personal survival instinct and will fight to defend itself if threatened. Physical trauma a does nothing to a Thing, it can only be killed by burning and in destroying it you must be certain that the entire thing-mass is destroyed. If even a portion of it goes unscorched it can recover and come after you again.

Sounds cool.

Ultima Dragoon said:
Mars Attacks! scared me so much that I taped over it so that it was gone forever... that was about 8 years ago, though.
Heh heh, that movie was phunie.

Gak! Gak! Gak! Gak! Gak! Gak! Gak!

When I was really little I was scared by Pet Cemetary

Movies don't scare me. I wacthed The Ring last night and found it funny/dull. Well I saw the Scary Movie 3 version of it so.....

But still nothing really terrifying. Dawn of the Dead was also funny.

I try not to see horror movies in the theathers cuz I tend to burst out laughing when someone dies and everyone stares at me like I'm crazy.I've done that a couple times and the looks I've gotten....priceless.

I hate horror movies. They scare the **** out of my. Pultergise (sp?) is the only real one I saw, and it scared the pants off of me.

Doom III the game was also scary because of the lighting and the feeling your in the game

Zeroo said:
I thought Ju-on : the grudge (in japanese) was pretty scary.
My brother got that on DVD, however there was no subs, so it made no sense what so ever. I might get a proper version with subs some day, it looked pretty good.

Top Bottom