MP6 - a Madman and his Ladies.

I guess I'm missing something, but ......
When exactly are our relationships meant to end? When do we become mad?

@Pentium:

Relationships - this will be updated when the game progresses. These are the relationship with a specific endtime.

2. Catherine - Russians. The second becomes our "girlfriend." We trade every tech as one for one deals as long as a trade is available until every civ is met.

5. Fifth is the "Ex." Must declare war with no trading on the first turn met. Once we get peace from her, we're good.

6. Lastly "mid-life crisis fling." Give every tech,luxury, and resource for 20 turns.

"Going Mad" occurs each time a Civ is eliminated.

:bump:

Ok, I see, but the rest of them, is it over when we want or when they declare?

And Bede, where are you?

1. Theodora - Byzantines. The first we meet becomes our first "crush" (yes, even if it's Catherine). We are too shy to trade with her...ever. No trading, that's the only requirement..
3. Isabella - Spain. The third becomes our "lover." Must be the first civ attacked and conquered. Doesn't make any sense? Neither does love. Must attack Spain first, and conquer spain first.
4. Joan - France. Fourth is Wife. Mutual partner, must attempt to ally in wars. Last to get the Axe. Make an attempt to make her our ally, also, last civ to be conquered.

I hope this clears things up, if not, be more specific about what is confusing you.

I hope this game speeds up soon. :mischief:

Sorry I'm late. Had issues about meeting the "Ex" again.

In 2470 encounter the the EX's property line, Elizabeth, SE of the French and Spanish island. I carefully skirt the border, not wanting to deal with any allegations of stalking or trigger a restraint order. In 2430 she sends a settler into view so I throw the papers in her face

and declare open warfare, then sail past London.

After a suitable period of waiting in 2230 meet Cleo, the sloe eyed houri,

but have nothing to give her :cry: to earn her ultimate favor.

The doughty dinghies are clearing the fog on the map and one is just about to cross to the French and Spanish coastline. The other is sailing north from Catherine's realm.

Copenhagen was built on the coastline south heading for the ivory and the one warrior is busting fog to the south.

Got it!

Now we know them all? So no more obligatory trading with Russia? Good.

Will probably play&post today.

lurker's comment: It's a pity you couldn't bribe the egyptian chick into coming to her sugar daddy ... perhaps delay the variant until a trade route ?

Pre-flight: Research up, Writing in 5 turns @ -1gpt

2110 BC [1] Elizabeth is willing to trade, we get peace + CB for WC. Another relationship over.

1990 BC [4] Reykjavik founded

1950 BC [5] We get writing monopoly and parity. Philo in 17.

1910 BC [6] Oslo founded in the middle of the jungle.
A littler tech slider correction, Philo in 10 @ -1gpt
Theodora has IW monopoly, and we have 4 tech to sell to her. I'd love to ask her, but I'm so afraid. What if she sais no?

1790 BC [9] Bergen barracks => Archer

1750 BC [10] Stockholm founded on jungle.

Here is our glorious empire:

And the save

Aren't we supposed to be giving Cleo everything we have for 20 turns?

are we allowed to sign peace with England? I thought it was permenant war till she's dead :confused:

edit: forget it, just saw MP's post above about signing peace.

Oops, I guess I didn't do that. But neither did I trade to her, and she still lacks Writing. It's the only thing we have, and the next player can give it to her.

Sorry about that. I hope we weren't meant to give it to her before we trade it around.

Edit: That means barbslinger is up.

Bede said:
Does not hiring a lawyer for a divorce count as "no military"?
:lol: This is going to be a riot to watch.
My theory on hiring attorneys.....
When you lose...you lose. When you win....you lose.
Fortunately, my last "lifestyle she is accustomed to payment" was made last month. :beer:

Yeah I guess we still have that to cheer up on, SW :beer:
I'll drink to that

Got it. Will play and post tonight. Can't wait to treat them as they deserve. Except the girlfriend of course.

Scanning all the ladies in my life is quite a pleasure. The only flaw I see is that B***H ex-wife Elizabeth who has really gotten old quick. Estastic I got rid of her!
I can't believe how ugly my old girlfriend Catherine is either. Theodora is still too much to even attempt a conversation with. I opened up the trade screen to get a better look at her beauty and realized my tongue was so tied I had to immediately leave the room. Didn't get one word out of my mouth. That's OK though, I have this new girl in my life now. I'm a little older and she is a beauty. Some people say I'm having a mid-life crisis. I don't care. I want her around for a tumble now and again. I just have to keep her happy. She's hot and happy she shall be. I immediately teach her how to write so she can read my saucy letters.

After going through the memories of my life I get back to business at hand.

Looks as though Copenhagen can turn into a worker farm as soon as the granary comes in and a pop-rush should be in order for next player. We will need workers with the jungle ahead.The lux tax is hurting and the ivory coming on line will help. Settler next turn I'm putting on the hill west of Rekjavik to get the sugar into play. I'm not sure about about the arher building in Bergen. We need some MP's.We get Philo in 5 and I did not see any discussion on next tech. I like MM so we can be begin building a fleet to get at the women quicker. Well, also to get some settlers on all those other land masses. Those gems look nice! Cleo will love them. We'll have to adorn the wife too to keep her on our side. After looking a while more I decide that the archer build will be a galley. We also have the early lead in cities.

Pre-turn - Give Cleo Writing. MM looks OK except I swap a tile to get a forest to get the galley quicker.

IT - Tronheim - Settler > Settler.

(1) 1725 - Settler heads S.Our 4 worker begin roads in pairs. Ivory in 2. Usually I let them work separate jobs to not waste a 1/2 turn unless there are no other chores. Warrior fortifies. Dingys expose more land. Take another peek at Theodora. She looks mad. Must be some other guy. Wish I could find the right words. Adjust sliders due to pop loss after settler.

IT - Nada.

(2) 1700 - Move settler and dingys.

IT - Complete roads.

(3) 1675 - Separate workers. 2 on each sugar and 2 on each wine. We need to drag some irrigation down. Adjust sliders with new ivory.

IT - Not much but my old girlfriend shows up again in our NW. No wait it's some guy that looks like her. Hope it's not her son. Will she ever give up!? You get rid of her and she keeps coming back.
Rekjavik - Warrior > Warrior.

(4) 1650 - Send warrior N for MP and worry a bit about the girlfriend from Russia. I thought they were all hot there. I have no unis that can beat her to Stockholm so I'll cross my fingers. Philo due.

IT - We are first on Philo and I take MM. Set for Lit but not sure here. We have a choice. Let's see how trades shake out. Catherine goes to mountain to spy on me.
Trond - Settler > Settler.

(5) 1625 - Trade Philo for IW to Spain. No ther trades and give Cleo both MM and Philo. I get this sinking feeling I'm being used. Settle Birka and see that we have Iron righ next to it! Lux goes to zip with 4 pop in Tronheim now. Warrior is there next turn to keep it there. New settler heading S to grab the other ivory. Galley in 10, less with mines coming on line soon. I'm swapping to CoL. Since we would have to give lit to Cleo the GL would be lost. Getting to Republi will pay off better. I think we have to give all tech to Cleo though next players turns. Stockholm uses a forest to get at least 1 warrior in town in 3.

IT - Russian spy went off to tell our girlfriend our status.
Oslo - Warrior > worker in 5 to get to work.

(6) 1600 - Not much. I forgot to give Cleo her techs last turn and I give them now. She loves me or she's using me. We have a tech lead on others. We are tied with our girlfriend, Cath, at 7 cities. Is she trying to prove she can get along without me?

IT - Catherine heads back in towards us but she is 2 tiles out and warrior in 1.

(7) 1575 - We can pull irrigation out of Birka so the 2 workers get busy on it.

IT - Our crush, Theo, is building an Oracle. Russian heads south. We build the warrior and get on a worker. It can be switched but I really like a lotof workers. 1.5 per city or so and we have a lot of work to do.

(8) 1550 - No trades available. Have to pull a MP to get over to Bergen. Cath is 2 tiles away scouting S. Hope she turns around. It looks like Cleo is located bext to Cath but Cath did not improve in tech from her.

IT - Our wife come up with Math. Cath runs off to the W. Another settler from Trondheim.

(9) 1525 - We can get Math for MM from Joan but that would put it into bot Joan and Isabellas hands. They are trapped on an island so they can wait. She would give math for IW, Philo, 51 gold and 5gpt. We can wait. Re-adjust sliders to 0-10-0. CoL in 8. Workers finish the irrigation and sart the new one. We can over the sugar irrigation soon now that the irrigation is free to the plains. Sent new settler N to look at the gold hills. Warrior scouts ahead of settler. Moving the warrior from Oslo causes a possible riot so I put in a scientist to get CoL in 7.

IT - England now has math too.

(10) Aarhus founded to ge cow on expansion and ivory. Swap Rekjavik to galley. We need a few and a harbor to upgrade the dingys when they return. Lot's of free land out there.

Everything looks good to me, good stories too (which are optional, of course). Funny how Catherine keeps sticking around, she doesn't trust you - there's that cute Theodora right over the water. :love:

1.Soul Warrior - on deck :p
2.Gram
3.Bede
4.Pentium
5.Barb - played
6.Sesn - up

Ok, got it.

Calrification on Cleo: Haven't we known her for 20 turns now? Or do I still have to give her everything I get?

Top Bottom