1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MTCSG-01: Immac's Muti-Threaded Concurrent Succession Game -01

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by Immaculate, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Mutineer

Mutineer Deity

Well, for people interested in my opinion.

There is 3 resonable saves, which could be used.

Immaculate, mine and remconius.
    Each of them for different reasons.

Immaculate save set up the best for Building Greate Lighouse in capital whn producing workers/setlers in Barselona.

Current happinness limit prevent Barselona to be mach use for anyhting else.

It is resonable choise, as spawning settlers work well with Great Ligthouse.

I would prioritise gold next for happiness.
    Now, remconius save is garanty Oracle and if we able to research pottery to take mettalocasting from it. His economical development is stuffed a bit.

Mine save reflect on of aspect how I play. I believe it is the most flexible one.
    I tend to prioritise general development untill I commit to some plan. Some times I loose wander, but with skill I get feeling what will and what would not work.

One can try for Oracle, Great Ligthhouse I think more or less garanty or one can even try for bouth of them.

One word of warning, I am not sure but I think there is penalty for choping outside cultural borders, even if forest in fat cross.

2. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

OK, for us B-teamers, how many turns are we playing, 40 or 50?

3. remconius

remconius Deity

40 seems reasonable for the next set, then 30, then 20 turns till the end?

4. remconius

remconius Deity

On with the Analysis:
    Immaculate - played to 1920BC... :rolleyes: Has a second city with lots of food, and grassland. And third settler is almost finished. No BW yet though.
    Frankcor - Has already got IW, but no religion. Galley is exploring. Second city near copper. IW about to be hooked. Ready for war :)
    Remconius - I got writing, priesthood. Oracle almost finished. Ready to build library.
    Llamacat - Has Masonry and Priesthood. Settler available to found second city now.
    Mutineer - Second city placed near gold mine. Good economy.

Key advantages:
    Immaculate - Expansion (2 good food cities, third city almost ready.)
    Frankcor - Military (IW, iron almost hooked). Galley built.
    Remconius - Science (writing, oracle almost ready)
    Llamacat - Freedom (settler can still be placed Oracle can be started.)
    Mutineer - economy (gold mine in place)

Disadvantages
    Immaculate - No BW.
    Frankcor - No religion. Second city near unneeded copper.
    Remconius - No second city.
    Llamacat - No distinct advantage.
    Mutineer - second city not in best place. (gold mine would be in range with next border expansion)

End of Analysis

Anyway that's what I gather from the reports, not looking at the saves.

5. LlamaCat

LlamaCat Emperor

Think I fogot my save. Here it is...

6. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

I had a look at the saves and i must say that i am very pleased.
    I like that the different games have diverged so much already. There are different options as to what game to advance with that will really shape the future set of games. Cities have been built in different places. Different techs have been researched. Galleys are in the sea in some games. In others, armies are much larger. One game is very near to the oracle. Etc.

Its interesting to note that the cities built could all be built in the same game and still fit into a dot map together very nicely. Its also interesting that everyone built cities in the south. Also, no one seems to have researched alphabet (not sure about Llamacat though- didn't look at his save last night)

7. frankcor

frankcor Emperor

I'm unhappy with my save mainly because I killed Bob.

What level are we playing at? Prince or Monarch? It seems to me there's a lot more focus on wonders here than I'm accustomed to seeing in SG games. When playing Spain, my favorite wonder is the CONQUISTADOR! They'll get you all the Wonders you need, after the target civs build them for you. Maybe it's just all the war coaching I've been getting from Pholkhero ;) ;)

Please don't mistake this for promoting my save -- I'm simply curious about all the talk aboiut Wonders I'm seeing here.

8. LlamaCat

LlamaCat Emperor

We are playing with the big boys... this is Emperor level. I'm amazed I didn't lose in the first 50 turns :lol:

9. remconius

remconius Deity

We are playing Emperor.

I guess we all have a slightly different focus. Whether it be getting gold online, building Oracle, expansion or hooking copper/iron. I guess that is the whole point of this variant. Every person has a different way to get to the conquistadores or even a different victory in mind...

10. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

I didn't follow the war path because i didn't meet any other civs on my continent. Otherwise, things might have been different.

I.

11. Mutineer

Mutineer Deity

Mongols are resonably far away, there no need for early war.
    So, Idea to create a good economical foundation for future development.
    Properly choised wander increase productivity of one's civ a lot, so, building a good wanders right now is a priority, as we have time befor military conflict become profitable.

12. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

B-teamers:

Whoever picks up save first mention whether you will play 40 or 50 turns or whatever (be reasonable) then others can play that too.

I think, since we (a-teamers) have their saves in, its reasonable to progress to the b-teamers. Am i wrong?

Looking forward to your write-ups...

13. Ozbenno

Was going to (hopefully) play tonight. I'll do 40!

14. Kanga_DU

Kanga_DU Warlord

40 turns sounds plenty.

15. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

I think I'll play from Remconius' save because I'm a sucker for the Oracle.
    Won't have time to play until tomorrow evening or Friday.
    Spoiler :
    I'm thinking of going for pottery for MC slingshot then concentrate on a couple of settlers; one for the north goldfish city; not sure about second, it depends if I'm going for Colossus where copper would be a major advantage

16. Ozbenno

OK I played but slightly stuffed up and played one extra turn until 600BC.

Spoiler :

I played from Mutineer's save, as it gave the most versatility. My plan was to build Oracle for Metal Casing and get a start on both Great Lighthouse and Colossus, which if successful will create the most inflexible save ;).

Research was

Hunting --> Priesthood --> Archery --> Sailing --> Masonry --> Writing --> Animal Husbandry --> Iron Working (1 turn left)

I would have gone Alphabet but there was one Genghis to trade with and decided to go Great Lighthouse/Colossus instead of Great Library

Build paths were:

Madrid worker --> Oracle
    Barcelona granary --> archer --> lighthouse (whipped) ---> Great Lighthouse

I pick Metal Casing

Madrid Oracle --> Settler --> Forge (whipped) --> Colossus

Happy about the GNP, everything else sucks :lol:.

I'm unsure about Great Lighthouse but we should get Colossus easy, even without copper. Both cities can be MMed better once they grow.

Here's something interesting

A project for the swords who should come online soon

I'd whip a obelisk here when we get to 2 and then whip a settler. Once the sheep are pastured and work boat can be used, this will be a good whipping centre and enough food to work the gold.

There's a couple of forests that can be chopped outside of BFC to speed these along. I though about these in the same city but would have taken too long, so is worth diluting our GP pool in Madrid.

You'll notice that Genghis has converted as well.

OK, what's the point of what I have done? We're isolated so can expand in a bit of leisure. If we get Great lighthouse/Colossus, all our coastal cities should be able to pay for themselves, fairly much stright away (+4gpt for extra trade routes and all sea tile 3gp), so we should be able to fill up the island quickly afterwards. Get a lighthouse (and later harbour) going and they'll all be good gold cities.

View attachment 142056

17. remconius

remconius Deity

Note for pigswill and others playing from my save:
    Spoiler :

The Oracle allows to get MC very early (need pottery, though). That means the colossus can also be started early, making copper unneeded to speed it up. Whipping/chopping it in a city with a few forests should be possible to get it fast.
    That makes coastal cities very desirable. Best one IMHO is up north-east (sheep, gold, fish, grassland rivers). Second best are due east (corn and sugar?), North-west (corn, hill city) and south (marble, FP, sheep).
    Dont neglect defense though, more barbarians can be expected...

18. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Looks good. I have a question about your game style though...
    Perhaps you can enlighten us.

Both your capital and Barcelona are not at their happiness cap and are growing while working hammers. Usually, once i decide to pursue a wonder, i get the cities as big as possible as quick as possible, then i switch to hammers. I see that you are working mixed tiles (hammers and food, etc.) on your way to growth. Is there a reason for this? I am not criticizing, i just want to understand.

Three wonders out the gate and no stone/marble/copper. This is impressive i think.

19. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

spoilers please :D

20. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

Well, got up to 600bc and not yet wiped out, the rest is all bad news:

Spoiler :
    1960 Agric-Wheel.
    Dull stuff.
    1760 Wheel-Pottery
    More dull stuff.
    1560.Pottery-Hunting.
    1520. Oracle completed (we've all seen pictures of the oracle).
    Select MC (no surprise). Start settler.
    More dull stuff follows (discover hunting,start archery, yawn)
    1200.Archery-AH. Whip Settler.
    1160 Settler-Archer.
    1120.Archer-Forge. Confu FIDL.
    1080. A goldfish is born!

Yawn.
    975-900. 3 barb warriors turn up and die.
    Yawn more.
    825. Whip obelisk in goldfish.
    800. Obelisk-archer.
    775. Archer-workboat.
    Whip forge in Madrid.
    750 Forge-Colossus.
    10winks+10winks+10winks+10winks.
    625. Goldfish workboat-granary. Ironworking-Sailing. Iron near Madrid.
    600. Christianity FIDL

Goldifsh 3 turns from border-pop. Gold hooked up. Madrid many turns from Colossus.