[MULT] Pitboss Worldbuilding Challenge REBOOT: Discussion Thread

Dot that was me saying Polynesia would be the punching bag because seriously no one flees to the new world & gets away with it :D and if everybody could cooperate & not make Heerlo buy anymore DLC that would be fantastic...

Okay, I'm gonna run a fast experiment shortly here and see if I quit the Pitboss match, disable my Spain + Inca DLC, and then rejoin it will register properly. If it doesn't, no big deal; we'll run probably with the Dutch or Poland.

oh my god did i make heerlo buy polynesia? i feel like a jerk :(

It's okay, sh3b. It was my own choice, and it only costs two-something dollars. I kinda like having Polynesia now anyway. ;)

Ok so we figured out the problem. Cpm couldn't choose Spain because I accidentally had the expansions disabled along with the DLC.

Everyone will have to rejoin... Sorry about that again. I didn't see they were in the list. I went ahead and enabled Polynesia since everyone has it and someone wants to play it. Hopefully everyone will check back tonight and we can still start.

so when I go into my civ 5, should i turn off all DLC except polynesia, gods and kings, and brave new world, and then follow your steps?

Most of you have successfully rejoined. Just need Silverman and Heerlo to join and everyone will be in the lobby for us to start. The only other thing, is that I noticed sh3baproject forgot to change his difficulty to King. Won't be game breaking if he doesn't, but if you see this sh3baproject, please try to.

K, I'm in.

I'm in aswell

Ok so I have launched the game. Though somehow it may have launched with continents :confused: Though I'm sure I checked the settings 10 times to make sure they were all right? I guess we will see. Even if it did, I say we continue with the game as is.

It said that it was Terra on mine, so I don't know.

Anyway, I played my turn and everything seemed to work fine, except that my borders are the color of the Mayans instead of Sweden. :confused: Maybe that will work itself out as we play, but it's not a big deal either way.

Yeah on my screen & sh3ba's it said continents & I did my turn & moved my settler, & am praying that barbs don't steal it from me :scared:

I went back in the game and my borders were the right color this time, but the city bar(or whatever it's called)was still Mayan-colored. :crazyeye:

Managed to accidentally move my settler instead of settling where I wanted :p Damn mis-clicks. But everything else seems to be working out ok. And continents is fine I suppose; less contact between all players but map is only standard so there might be coastal routes between the two.

Okay, hoping I did that right - just need to press "next turn" and then quit after playing my turn, correct?
Also, it's showing up as Terra for me.

Glad everyone got in ok. Yep cpm that should be all you have to do.

Thanks for not being to distraught over the possibility of continents. I was at first but then decided it's nbd. Maybe there will be a few islands to colonize later on.

Also, don't know if I said this, story thread is up. There is a link in the first post. I named it Dawn of Civilization. No one said anything about the name of the story thread so I improvised. Could be a little better but eh. I also posted a prologue with the little intro transcript from civ 4 (always like it). Remember everybody to use your colors and headers.

Can we start writing anytime?

Top Bottom