multimaps and other questions

If I were you I'd recommend against making more terrain features and instead focus on the stuff you actually want to do (and maybe the Multi-Maps UI too, that is needed before all of these features).

If you want I could make those Terraformer units Hydro asked for in the other thread.

Yes, it is getting a bit like work, doing the stuff others want:(, but I a stuck on the things I want to get done now - I have made some sort of error in the mission-outcomes and can't see what the error is. It works fine (the mission shows at the correct time) up until I add in the event stuff to do the actual work. At which point the mission no longer appears at any time. I posted the Story Teller unit with the new mission to remove only some of the anarchy in a captured city as it is showing exactly this problem. Unfortunately AIAndy is the only one who can help and he has other things (RL) taking his time at the moment.

Yes, it is getting a bit like work, doing the stuff others want:(, but I a stuck on the things I want to get done now - I have made some sort of error in the mission-outcomes and can't see what the error is. It works fine (the mission shows at the correct time) up until I add in the event stuff to do the actual work. At which point the mission no longer appears at any time. I posted the Story Teller unit with the new mission to remove only some of the anarchy in a captured city as it is showing exactly this problem. Unfortunately AIAndy is the only one who can help and he has other things (RL) taking his time at the moment.

Now that V28 is released I think that this topic should start to be addressed. What needs to happen first to get multi-maps, UI or mapscripts for the new maps? I could possibly do the UI (at least enough for development purposes), but probably not the on-the-fly mapscript generation.

At the moment I am not doing anything in the least bit complicated until I get my tooth fixed!

I was volunteering to to the UI if that was what is holding us up. I know that you are busy and didn't want to ask you to do something more.

Does anyone know where the Multi-Maps Python API is documented (or if it isn't, which part of the DLL the code is in)?

I'll put something together in the next few days.

So if multimaps were to work we couldn't get a button to appear on the screen in the top right corner with the word solar system? From that view the solar system should be visible and if the player launches a ship from a (ship launching thingy) it should be hovering above earth. Then you could explore the solar system by moving the ship around but returning to earth to fuel the ship or get so people to board it. You could also try to launch space stations as points to refuel too but they take a while to charge more energy since it relies on the sun. Then try fly to the moon and click land and the spaceship disappears from view. Then double click the moon and boom you are on the moon ;)

If only it was as easy said as done :(

So if multimaps were to work we couldn't get a button to appear on the screen in the top right corner with the word solar system? From that view the solar system should be visible and if the player launches a ship from a (ship launching thingy) it should be hovering above earth. Then you could explore the solar system by moving the ship around but returning to earth to fuel the ship or get so people to board it. You could also try to launch space stations as points to refuel too but they take a while to charge more energy since it relies on the sun. Then try fly to the moon and click land and the spaceship disappears from view. Then double click the moon and boom you are on the moon ;)

If only it was as easy said as done :(

I'm only making a quick and dirty development UI for Koshling, a more advanced and playable AI would probably be beyond me. Once things get going I suspect that Thunderbrd will be able to help make a better UI for moving between maps.

AIAndy may know of how to go about adding a button like that and I MAY be able to sort out how he did it for the build lists BUT I think there's some python in there that I don't know much about that could be my hangup for that kind of thing. The missions for a unit to move between maps would be a bit different (more like rebase and airdrop missions in how they operate.) Along the way through the processing of such a mission I will be meaning to bring up the map you're transferring the unit to. But switching between maps as expressed there is something that will take a bit more research. At the moment, it sounds like Koshling included a way to do so via the military advisor so far. (But we still need the maps themselves of course ;) )

I suggest this:
Homeworld
Moon(duel-standard sized maps)
Small planet close to star(Mercury)
Hot Planet(Venus)
Desert Planet(Mars)
Asteroid Belt
Asteroid/Dwarf Planet

These would be the types of planets available to be generated in any solar system.

I suggest this:
Homeworld
Moon(duel-standard sized maps)
Small planet close to star(Mercury)
Hot Planet(Venus)
Desert Planet(Mars)
Asteroid Belt
Asteroid/Dwarf Planet

These would be the types of planets available to be generated in any solar system.

The current plan is to have the following maps;

• Earth
  • Moon
  • Mars
  • Solar System
  • Galactic

Top Bottom