My Personal Patch

copx

Chieftain
About
------
Here are my personal modifications to the game. There is some stuff I simply don't like.

This thread is not supposed to be a discussion thread about these things. There are simply not fun for me, so I changed them. I post this here for other people who find this stuff annoying too and - I admit - as a personal backup (I tend to lose data all the time..)

Changes
--------

New difficulty level "Fair" (replaces "Noble"). "Fair" is like "Noble" except with less AI cheating:
- Removed AI unit supply discount
- Removed AI unit upgrade discount
- Removed AI construction discount
- Removed AI inflation reduction
- Removed AI war weariness reduction
- Removed AI initial city production bonus (affects ALL difficulty levels!)
- Removed AI bonus vs. Barbs
- Removed AI bonus vs. Daemons
- Removed AI advanced start bonus

Alcinus is reliable i.e. he no longer goes rogue.

"Peace with animals" leaders are allowed to explore dens.
The Doviello are no longer at peace with animals thus "peace with animals" is now a special feature of the Ljosalfar.

Technical stuff
---------------
Compatibility: Orbis 24 F

Installation: Just copy the archive to the Orbis directory and extract it there.

Have fun!

Attachments

• copx_patch_24F.zip
    94.5 KB · Views: 71
A nice patch for those two annoying things (at least for some people). I think many players will like your change to the animal-peace civilization ;)

Also, good thought about the mapscripts. Not sure everyone saw them already... Hopefully they will be in Orbis' next version.

wow ... modmodmodmod ((4mod, mod^4)) :D

it's small, but it solves serious issues and makes FfH addict's life a little bit easier :D
good job :goodjob: :thumbsup:

Yeah, thanks for doing this- these are all changes I'd want. Hopefully Orbis adds them in soon.

Oh, I just checked, this seems to work perfectly well with Patch E.

Updated to Orbis 24F.

The Doviello are no longer at peace with animals. IMO this trait does not fit their "struggling to survive in the harsh wilderness, preying on the weak" background at all, and they certainly don't look like vegetarians either..

"Peace with animals" feels like a true Albert Schweitzerite, vegetarian, Green peace activist trait to me so for now it's a special feature of the "nice" Elves.

BTW both the Alcinus and the explore den change are quick hacks.

A proper solution for Alcinus would require rewriting his background a little, removing/changing Emperor's daggers etc.

And instead of exploring dens "peace with animals" folks should be able to move them.

But I don't have time for this at the moment.

So, now it's Orbis only, not LE?

I'm not sure I like your Alcinus change though. Having him going rogue is certainly reasonable. At least I think, since I didn't play the Scions that much.

So, now it's Orbis only, not LE?

Yes, because AFAIK the current version of LE is not compatible with the current version of Orbis, and compatibility with the current Orbis is more important for me.

I'm not sure I like your Alcinus change though. Having him going rogue is certainly reasonable.

"Reasonable", well you could say that. The issue is that it only leads to me avoiding KoTE like a plague until I have all other Dark Council members ready. Then I quickly use Alcinus to build the Council and his special buildings and forget about him. He tends to go rogue shortly after you create him and "recovering" him is just not worth the trouble after you have build the buildings which require him. Also it forces me to research technologies I would not usually research that early (to get Emperor's daggers). As a unit Alcinus is utterly useless because of his going rogue mechanic. I can see that the original designer liked the "catch Alcinus" mini-game but I just don't.

Yes, because AFAIK the current version of LE is not compatible with the current version of Orbis, and compatibility with the current Orbis is more important for me.
You're right. I forgot that I haven't updated LE yet :lol:

"Reasonable", well you could say that. The issue is that it only leads to me avoiding KoTE like a plague until I have all other Dark Council members ready. Then I quickly use Alcinus to build the Council and his special buildings and forget about him. He tends to go rogue shortly after you create him and "recovering" him is just not worth the trouble after you have build the buildings which require him. Also it forces me to research technologies I would not usually research that early (to get Emperor's daggers). As a unit Alcinus is utterly useless because of his going rogue mechanic. I can see that the original designer liked the "catch Alcinus" mini-game but I just don't.
I can understand that. I remember not liking this either :(

very nice re-balancing. Is it compatible with the latest patch H ?

Top Bottom