My Spearman Lost To A Tank!

HEEHEE!!! lol! Ok. Fine, I admit it, I wasnt playing the egyptians... *sniff* I'm sorry, but I had to keep up apearances. Can you ever forgive me?

Originally posted by cat98
HEEHEE!!! lol! Ok. Fine, I admit it, I wasnt playing the egyptians... *sniff* I'm sorry, but I had to keep up apearances. Can you ever forgive me?

Yeah sure :lol:

Yay! I feel happy again, if only I could get civ to work again...

Reading some of the replies to this suggests yet another new poll to me. 'Poll: Have you heard of irony Yes/No'.

I also think this thread is funny.
What is NOT funny is that just now an enemy modern armor killed my warrior- WHEN THE WARRIOR HAD 1HP LEFT!!! How can that happen??????????

In retribution try attacking his army of elite modern armors and a Radar artillary on a mountain fortress across a river with a conscript warrior, Hey, it could work!

Originally posted by Perfection
HEY egyptions don't have horsemen they use war chariots.

YOU MY FRIEND ARE A BONA FIDE LIAR

Acttually Egyptians can build Horsemen(Its just that their unique unit dosnt upgrade too them)

Originally posted by Obssesed Nuker

Acttually Egyptians can build Horsemen(Its just that their unique unit dosnt upgrade too them)
But its pointless for the egeyptions to build them

I think one of the patches made horsemen unavailable to the Egyptians, why would you want horsemen when you can build war chariots for 10s less?

And what is Irony???

Also how could you get Ancient units in mordern ages anyway??

In my experience, there are 2 possibilities:
1. You are behind in tech. (but then you'd likely be destroyed before you can do much).
or 2. you've changed the resource requirements for Ancient age units.

Originally posted by William528
Also how could you get Ancient units in mordern ages anyway??

In my experience, there are 2 possibilities:
1. You are behind in tech. (but then you'd likely be destroyed before you can do much).
or 2. you've changed the resource requirements for Ancient age units.

No you just have them left over from the ancient age

units should upgrade automatically when they become obsolete anyway. OmG, the makers of civ3 are such idiots

this game obviously was not thought out before the finished product was released and shipped to american store shelves.

there are too many factors that decide whether 1 petty unit overtakes another, which allow too much room for a weaker unit (spearman) to overtake a modern war machine (tank)

I've even had times where my roman legionary was beaten by a spearment simply because the computer did not want me to take it's worker. ------it sucks and i nearly uninstalled civ3 for sure.

Hey, i said "NEARLY"!!

Originally posted by wargasm23
units should upgrade automatically when they become obsolete anyway. OmG, the makers of civ3 are such idiots

this game obviously was not thought out before the finished product was released and shipped to american store shelves.

there are too many factors that decide whether 1 petty unit overtakes another, which allow too much room for a weaker unit (spearman) to overtake a modern war machine (tank)

I've even had times where my roman legionary was beaten by a spearment simply because the computer did not want me to take it's worker. ------it sucks and i nearly uninstalled civ3 for sure.

Hey, i said "NEARLY"!!
Uh, a spearman defending against a legion has a 40% of winning, Its guys with pointy sticks v.s. guys with pointy sticks with sharpened sides, not a huge improvement. And a spearman taking a tank is like 0.1%. The makers of civ 3 are not idoits just because they add a miniscule probobility that a spearman can defeat a tank.

Top Bottom