NBA 2015 Season

I'm happy that Cleveland fans finally get to celebrate a championship. It's been too long. However, I am also happy that Anderson Varejão didn't win the title. Because Varejão sucks.

he still gets a ring though

but yeah lol, every time he was on the court i was just seething with hatred at him. Varejao is the worst.

he still gets a ring though

but yeah lol, every time he was on the court i was just seething with hatred at him. Varejao is the worst.
Did they decide that? I thought it was still up in the air.

Oh, I guess I'm not actually sure, just assuming.

kinda funny to imagine lebron and the cavs realizing how annoying their old friend andy is

I think this is the third year in a row a different Australian has won a championship ring so that's pretty nice.

Welp, at least there's still the Giants, right?

...right?

Fun fact that I just found out: Steph Curry was born in Arkon, Ohio.

lebron ... greatest block of all time

Tayshaun Prince blocking Reggie Miller in the 2004 ECF is #1. I'm also a Pistons fan. These facts are completely unrelated, I swear.

Edit: Also post #666 :devil:

Cleveland winning? Why?

The league's been extremely kind to Draymond Green over the last several weeks. He's taken some pretty cheap shots at both Thunder and Cavs players and gotten away with nothing worse than a personal foul. Tonight, he went for LeBron's balls and the refs ended up giving out double personals. (Yeah, yeah: the whole thing started when Green flopped, LBJ pushed him and then stepped over him, Iverson-style. Doesn't matter. Double technicals, maybe, but that's a straight-up nutshot.)

This isn't conspiracy-theory stuff - I don't doubt that the refs are just that bad (and that loathe to kick a star out of the playoffs on one call) - but OKC and Cleveland fans are both understandably salty about the whole thing.

On the other hand, it is nice to see the league MVP playing well, and it's nice to see Anderson Varejão being the most unlikable person on the court again, and it's nice to see Kyrie playing 1-on-5. June traditions.

You lose.

See? I told you Cleveland was going to win 3 straight, just not in 6, in 7.
I still picked the winner right, never mind the number of games, or the lost cash.
Just listen to daft and you will be well off...

Anyone still think Steph is better than LeBron?

As far as I'm concerned LeBron showed last year that he was the best player on the planet. He took a team that didn't have Kyrie or Love, essentially a lottery team, within 2 games of a championship, had an amazing series and should have been finals MVP. This year he just proved it again, only he had Kyrie and Love to actually win it all. His only real weakness is outside shooting which hardly matters given his size and athleticism. He is superhuman.

On the other hand Steph struggled throughout the playoffs. The intensity and physicality of playoff defense really hurts Steph's shooting efficiency. Everyone already knows that his defense is also pretty mediocre. The real disappointing thing is that he didn't create many opportunities for his teammates. He is an amazing ballhandler and passer but you wouldn't know it from these playoffs.

Anyone still think Steph is better than LeBron?

Did anybody think that going in? Steph undoubtedly had a better 2015-2016 season, but I don't think there was any doubt that Lebron is the better player.

As far as I'm concerned LeBron showed last year that he was the best player on the planet. He took a team that didn't have Kyrie or Love, essentially a lottery team, within 2 games of a championship, had an amazing series and should have been finals MVP. This year he just proved it again, only he had Kyrie and Love to actually win it all. His only real weakness is outside shooting which hardly matters given his size and athleticism. He is superhuman.

On the other hand Steph struggled throughout the playoffs. The intensity and physicality of playoff defense really hurts Steph's shooting efficiency. Everyone already knows that his defense is also pretty mediocre. The real disappointing thing is that he didn't create many opportunities for his teammates. He is an amazing ballhandler and passer but you wouldn't know it from these playoffs.

Further proof that going Jump Shot Go Lucky is not the way to win an NBA Championship.

Think Steph will learn from this, if his team stays put or even strengthens he will become more of a facilitator in the coming playoffs, a better all around player, and barring an injury, will lift the Championship Trophy next June.

Further proof that going Jump Shot Go Lucky is not the way to win an NBA Championship.

Think Steph will learn from this, if his team stays put or even strengthens he will become more of a facilitator in the coming playoffs, a better all around player, and barring an injury, will lift the Championship Trophy next June.

Except...they did win a championship relying almost solely on playing small and shooting threes. Did you forget already? It was only a year ago.

I'm so glad for this photo of Matty Dellavedova celebrating in a night club in a floral shirt double fisting tinnies of Corona.

Except...they did win a championship relying almost solely on playing small and shooting threes. Did you forget already? It was only a year ago.
"Almost solely" is an exaggeration. Last year, they had more balance. Hell, during the season, they had more balance. The Warriors' presence in the restricted zone practically evaporated in the playoffs. Steph was shooting, like, 35% at the basket, when he was getting 60% in the regular season. As said before, though, the fact that they shot 3s wasn't the problem: that helped keep them in the game (and they were a lot more efficient than CLE at doing the same). The problem was that they didn't do anything else.

There was also the whole thing where the Spurs finally figured out how to attack the GS 1-4 PNR back in March and pretty much every team did their best to replicate it after that. (Not every team had the personnel to do it, though.) That's why the OKC series went 7, because the Thunder went small with KD on Green and switched everything without much concern.

And Harrison Barnes looked like he had all his basketball skills stolen by the Nerdlucks.

honestly though it's probably more because of those Curry 2s than anything else lololol

ok yeah yeah yeah the Ibaka trade was krazy but GEORGIOS PAPAGIANNIS

PAPA JOHN IS PLAYING IN THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION

Top Bottom