Need name suggestions!

tobsa

Chieftain
Hi, I'm currently composing a lot of songs. I have about 10-20 songs that are finished and now the must have a name. Currently they are named like t1, t2, t3 and so on. Obviously they need a better name and therefore i'm asking you, since i have no imagination.

I like the idea of a word that is completly made up but it sounds beautiful to you, so please suggest something.

Thanks!

Perhaps it would help if you provided audio clips so that the suggested names would somehow correlate to the mood of each song?

What sort of music,what message are you trying to convey, show us some lyrics.

"Monogamation"
"Kendiyliso"
"Gurkilligurna"

There's some strange made up words for ya. Hope that helps.

Someone who composes songs and claims to have no imagination? That struck me as very funny. :)

Anyhoo, Tolkien is always a good reference for beautiful words. How about "Ciriáran", which means mariner king?

Kraznaya: I doesn't have any audio clips since i'm using a notation software and writing scores for an orchestra.

Sidhe: The songs that i'm writing is purely orchestral, and have no lyrics. And what sort of music? I can't really say, they are so different.

Drool4Res-pect: Thanks! That's the kind of words i'm looking for, altough i must say "Gurkilligurna" sounds quite funny.

VRWCAgent: Hehe, I realize that sounds quite stupid :blush:
It's just that i'm so bad at came up with names for my songs.
Oh, and "Ciriáran" is a really beautiful word, i'm definitely going to look up more words from tolkien.

"Beginning of the End"
"My Baby Gave Me a Knuckle Sandwiche"
"Witchhunt"
"Inside Out"
"Outside In"
"Jack's Bleeding Anus"

orchestral music? You have problems picking names? do what previous orchestral authors have done.

Symphony #1, Symphony #2, Operetta for the Swan, Rhapsody #1, Rhapsody #2

Of course, this assumes that the music is symphonic or rhapsodic, etc. Some of that atonal stuff popular in the eighties really hurts the ear drum and calling that crap a symphony is an insult to the term.

Other ideas:
-Pick places you have been before.
-Pick names that resonate with you.
-Tolkien works, if the music evokes images from what you have read.
-Stay away from previous poster's sexual references unless it really characterizes the music.

Pick random obscure poets and philosiphers (spl?) in diff. languages and name them like that.

Most words that sound good have a paticular vowel - consenent pattern
for example - c-v-cc-v-c-c - patter throw in random stuff rovbuwt - see that was a totally random word I made up, try it!

totally- c-v-c-v-cc-y
losatty

You get the idea - oria

I like the idea of a word that is completly made up but it sounds beautiful to you
evashivan? doesnt sound beautiful, just one of the nonsense words in my head.

Hi, I'm currently composing a lot of songs. I have about 10-20 songs that are finished and now the must have a name. Currently they are named like t1, t2, t3 and so on. Obviously they need a better name and therefore i'm asking you, since i have no imagination.

I like the idea of a word that is completly made up but it sounds beautiful to you, so please suggest something.

Thanks!

I saw a website a while back that gave opinions on what are the prettiest sounding words in English, as well as the ugliest sounding words. The prettiest words included "murmuring". For some reason, I can't remember any of the others right now. They frequently included M and R sounds. The ugliest sounding words included "cacophany" and other words with a lot of K sounds. So, how about:

Mumringer

Ok, so I just took "murmuring" and fiddled around with it.

Top Bottom