1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Negotiations with MIA

Discussion in 'Team Doughnut' started by killercane, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

well thats enough of that i think.

2. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

Had a chat with fe3333au. Apparently MIA got maths for TNT not from a hut, so it looks like we have scared TNT into talking with other teams again. Also MIA are researching Lit. I have offered a Poly for Lit swap and then for us to hold discusstion about how to go about researching MM, which will give us the oppertunity to trade wines for ivory.

Here's the chatlog (with chatting removed)

chat for a bit then get down to buisness

fe3333au: We were unsuccessful from Goody hut ... got a bloody map
    fe3333au: but at same time TNT approached
    fe3333au: so we traded 3 first level techs
    RobiD77: i see, since when do they have maths
    RobiD77: interesting, we didn't know that
    fe3333au: They must be bee lining tech research
    fe3333au: but at least you got it early
    RobiD77: i got a proposal for you guys, i just need to go do something, i'll be back in 5
    fe3333au: k

have a bit of a chat when i get back before continuing

RobiD77: ok, we are research Poly, if you guy do Maps we would swap, then we both build a harbour and we will trade you wines for ivory, giving us both extra happy people
    fe3333au: hmmm ... I will put to people ... we are Lit research at the moment
    RobiD77: ok, well we can swap lit for poly, then work out a suitable deal with maps
    fe3333au: ok I'll post it in the thread ... anymore exciting war stories :-D
    RobiD77: not yet but they have another 3 immos in our neighbourhood, obviously haven't learnt that lesson yet
    a bit of a fib here, i told him we killed 3 immos not 2 and a warrior
    fe3333au: they come in thress ... interesting
    fe3333au: *threes
    RobiD77: their strategy is wierd at best
    RobiD77: so TNT finally talked to you guys, i wonder if them losing 3 immos had something to do with that:)
    fe3333au: I wonder :-D ... anyway sir .... I must get ready for a bus ...
    RobiD77: no problem, post the deal, lit for poly plus the offer to do something with map and the lux trade
    fe3333au: will talk anon
    fe3333au: cya
    RobiD77: cya, enjoy your weekend

3. Robi D

Got a letter from MIA last night, i also happened to catch fe3333au, they will have lit in 7, while we have poly in 8. I was also trying to get a deal for MM and some lux trades going but they haven't decided on that yet.

4. vikingruler

vikingruler King

literature seems like a possible deal, but it depends what they want from us.

5. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

MIA have MM and Lit, and we don't have anything they need. :eek:

Looking back, they had MM on turn 63. They just got lit this turn, so it only took them 9 turns to research??

That probably means KISS is giving MIA some gpt while they do Republic slow, then plan to swap Rep for lit+MM.

6. Robi D

9 Turns for Lit isn't extrodinary, we could have done it in 9 too so i'm not sure about KISS helping them. Since TNT have currency MIA will probably trade writing and lit with them for currency. Im not sure whether or not KISS and MIA are trading, since they seem pretty keen to trade for Rep with us, (they could also be fishing around for the best deal). Since we popped Lit, i sent a quick note to MIA (below) to see if they will reveal if they have MM and/or currency.

Edit- the chatlog with fe3333au above where i offered poly for MM plus trading wine and ivory was on T68 a full 5 turns after they discover MM, which is a fairly big ommission

7. Robi D

I ran into fe3333au earlier today. Mostly it was an informal chat but we covered some buisness and some new info came to light

8. Alphawolf

Alphawolf Basileus, Founding Father

The question is: Is this incorrect info like what you gave earlier about the location of patrols, are they trying to scare KISS through us, or is it honesty?

-the Wolf

9. Robi D

Its always a possibility, but if they weren't going to then why turn down our offer of wines for ivory, although having said that i believe there not too keen to give us MM. I sure they will trade something for poly its just a matter of what they are willing to.

10. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

could mean their going to trade with them or just bulid a colony their.

11. xyourxmomxcorex

xyourxmomxcorex Pwnage

We are friendly with KISS, so a war between MIA and KISS could REALLY put us in hot water. Also that event MIA could form an alliance with TNT, because there are rumors that those teams are friends.

12. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

Should we inform Kiss?

13. Alphawolf

Yes, it may cement them to our side for now, in case MIA openly sides with TNT.

-the Wolf

14. xyourxmomxcorex

xyourxmomxcorex Pwnage

we could get MIA and KISS to team up on TNT....

15. Robi D

I had a chat with fe3333au last night. Most of it was informal but when i asked about upcoming trade possibilities he eventually said that they had popped Poly from a hut. Whether it was genuine forgetfulness or otherwise i dont know. Here is that part of the chat.

In the next bit we got onto the topic of TNT and what they been saying about us. Apprently they believe we will be pushovers and that their big attack will come from an unexpected direction, i guess that explains why they are not serious about peace. Anyway heres that part of the chat.

16. Alphawolf

:rotfl: :rotfl: <== is what I think of TNT overconfidance. This is the silver lining of loosing GS squad, they probably think that the GS Squad was our only offensive group. Hopefully they now move a great many troops down the Jungle Road (I believe this is the unexpected direction) and our CR squad can smash them when the aren't looking.

-the Wolf

17. Robi D

Just got this off the diplomatic wire from MIA, looks like things are starting to heat up in the game. This could be the oppertunity we've been waiting for, we have all three of the teams trying to suck up to us:lol:

18. Robi D

I spoke to fe3333au last night. As soon as we have our harbour up and running the ivory-wine trade will take place. They have also expressed an interest in trade for Monarchy and have tentativly offered Republic in the swap, but that will be decided shortly

19. xyourxmomxcorex

xyourxmomxcorex Pwnage

Did MIA declare war yet?
    Might as well organze a premptive strike with KISS. Send one or two MWs, just to make KISS like us more

20. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

I am relieved, MIA is not planning to attack us. We should establish a long term peace. There is an opportunity, we wait until K.I.S.S. sends us Invention. Trade it for Theology with MIA. They know Theology already. Haven't seen Nobody for awhile, could do a proper proposal for MIA. Though no alliance.

MIA lost warrior to barb horseman.