Negotiations with MIA

Had a chat with fe3333au. Apparently MIA got maths for TNT not from a hut, so it looks like we have scared TNT into talking with other teams again. Also MIA are researching Lit. I have offered a Poly for Lit swap and then for us to hold discusstion about how to go about researching MM, which will give us the oppertunity to trade wines for ivory.

Here's the chatlog (with chatting removed)

chat for a bit then get down to buisness

fe3333au: We were unsuccessful from Goody hut ... got a bloody map
fe3333au: but at same time TNT approached
fe3333au: so we traded 3 first level techs
RobiD77: i see, since when do they have maths
RobiD77: interesting, we didn't know that
fe3333au: They must be bee lining tech research
fe3333au: but at least you got it early
RobiD77: i got a proposal for you guys, i just need to go do something, i'll be back in 5
fe3333au: k

have a bit of a chat when i get back before continuing

RobiD77: ok, we are research Poly, if you guy do Maps we would swap, then we both build a harbour and we will trade you wines for ivory, giving us both extra happy people
fe3333au: hmmm ... I will put to people ... we are Lit research at the moment
RobiD77: ok, well we can swap lit for poly, then work out a suitable deal with maps
fe3333au: ok I'll post it in the thread ... anymore exciting war stories :-D
RobiD77: not yet but they have another 3 immos in our neighbourhood, obviously haven't learnt that lesson yet
a bit of a fib here, i told him we killed 3 immos not 2 and a warrior
fe3333au: they come in thress ... interesting
fe3333au: *threes
RobiD77: their strategy is wierd at best
RobiD77: so TNT finally talked to you guys, i wonder if them losing 3 immos had something to do with that:)
fe3333au: I wonder :-D ... anyway sir .... I must get ready for a bus ...
RobiD77: no problem, post the deal, lit for poly plus the offer to do something with map and the lux trade
fe3333au: will talk anon
fe3333au: cya
RobiD77: cya, enjoy your weekend

Got a letter from MIA last night, i also happened to catch fe3333au, they will have lit in 7, while we have poly in 8. I was also trying to get a deal for MM and some lux trades going but they haven't decided on that yet.

Dear Robi D, Foreign Affairs Consul, Doughnutia

Good Sir, what news from the front? We trust that the war is faring well for you and sincerely wish that Meleet :worship: looks favourably on your efforts against the evil aggressors.

We applaud your researchers whom you say are engaging in an interesting investigation on belief systems and that there are more than one divine entities. An intriguing concept which we are also beginning to embrace. Very interesting indeed, a trinity of creator entities, Meleet who shaped the world and at his side, the ever loyal aides, righteous RegentMan and angelic Ginger_Ale :wow:

We too are eager to enter into a research swapping scenario and are currently discussing just how this will be implemented. What sort of timeline are you intending the proposed exchange to take place in? As we would wish this transaction to happen at our mutually earliest convenience, please indicate an expected completion date.

We recall from recent informal discussions that you expressed a strong interest in Literature. This knowledge will enable the building of vast document storage facilities and the accumulation of rare tomes and other works of grand thoughts and inspiration.

We eagerly await an answer to the timing question as our scribes are eager to prepare the necessary documents.

Good fortune to you :goodjob:

Feaurius III
MIA Foreign Minister

Foreign Staff ... Kentharu and Classical_Hero are also at your service.

literature seems like a possible deal, but it depends what they want from us.

MIA have MM and Lit, and we don't have anything they need. :eek:

Looking back, they had MM on turn 63. They just got lit this turn, so it only took them 9 turns to research??

That probably means KISS is giving MIA some gpt while they do Republic slow, then plan to swap Rep for lit+MM.

DaveShack said:
MIA have MM and Lit, and we don't have anything they need. :eek:

Looking back, they had MM on turn 63. They just got lit this turn, so it only took them 9 turns to research??

That probably means KISS is giving MIA some gpt while they do Republic slow, then plan to swap Rep for lit+MM.

9 Turns for Lit isn't extrodinary, we could have done it in 9 too so i'm not sure about KISS helping them. Since TNT have currency MIA will probably trade writing and lit with them for currency. Im not sure whether or not KISS and MIA are trading, since they seem pretty keen to trade for Rep with us, (they could also be fishing around for the best deal). Since we popped Lit, i sent a quick note to MIA (below) to see if they will reveal if they have MM and/or currency.

Edit- the chatlog with fe3333au above where i offered poly for MM plus trading wine and ivory was on T68 a full 5 turns after they discover MM, which is a fairly big ommission

To the great people of MIA,
I regret to inform you that after the events of Turn 73 we no longer need Literature. We were fortunate to run into a Teoitechian tribe(hope the spelling right) we were gracious enough to teach us Literature. However you should not take this as a sign that we are no longer willing to trade with you. We have built a good trade relationship over the many turns and are willing to build on it further. As you are aware we are in the process of investigating Polytheism and have nearly found the concept. If you have come into possesion of Map Making or Currency or will do in the near future we are willing to trade Polytheism for them. Feel free to contact our Foreign Affairs Consul, Nobody to discuss the possibilities of such trades.
All the best
Robi D, Doughnutian Turnplayer

I ran into fe3333au earlier today. Mostly it was an informal chat but we covered some buisness and some new info came to light

said hello first ect ect.
fe3333au: so how is the war going?
RobiD77: ok i guess, they just seem happy piss farting about around the jungle, which as far as im concerned doesn't bother me, i just speard some mw's just in case they try anything cute
fe3333au: so doesn't sound like much of a war ... things settling down you think?
RobiD77: well they've changed their plans since we wiped them eariler so it might just be the calm before the storm, but we are quitely confident
fe3333au: That's cool ... but i guess you are wary
RobiD77: yes, just stay on guard, have a few mw doing patrols around the coast and stuff so they can't sneak up on us
fe3333au: what a fun environment :)
RobiD77: yes very fun:)
not competely accurate, fairly far from it, but if they are going to tell tnt then i want them giving incorrect tactical info
next we moved on to trades

RobiD77: well we will have poly in 3 so if you guys have MM or currency at that time or the very near future we are happy to work out a deal
fe3333au: Trading for Poly ... I will have to take back to team ... we are on 3 and half active players atm
RobiD77: that bad huh
fe3333au: but we got 3 turns to think about it ... yes?
RobiD77: yes
fe3333au: Yes ... holidays and maybe exams
fe3333au: glad someone mentioned relaxing 24hr rule
RobiD77: like i said if you can get MM they we can knock up a couple of harours and trade wine and ivory
RobiD77: yes i think its only fair, like howmany people are going to be checking the game over christmas/new years every day
fe3333au: Unfortunately we got those luxes ... pity
RobiD77: wine?
fe3333au: I thought about that when our ship was passing
fe3333au: would have been good to have unique luxes
fe3333au: not yet
RobiD77: trying to steal some from kiss
fe3333au: You have to own something first before it is classed as stealing surely ;-)

i gave him a chance to admit they have MM but he was not forthcoming. It also interesting they only have a few active players, and most interesting of all is there plan to take some wines off KISS. That would be of interesting if KISS were to learn of the plan:mischief:

Robi D said:
and most interesting of all is there plan to take some wines off KISS. That would be of interesting if KISS were to learn of the plan

The question is: Is this incorrect info like what you gave earlier about the location of patrols, are they trying to scare KISS through us, or is it honesty?

-the Wolf

Alphawolf said:
The question is: Is this incorrect info like what you gave earlier about the location of patrols, are they trying to scare KISS through us, or is it honesty?

-the Wolf

Its always a possibility, but if they weren't going to then why turn down our offer of wines for ivory, although having said that i believe there not too keen to give us MM. I sure they will trade something for poly its just a matter of what they are willing to.

We are friendly with KISS, so a war between MIA and KISS could REALLY put us in hot water. Also that event MIA could form an alliance with TNT, because there are rumors that those teams are friends.

we could get MIA and KISS to team up on TNT....

I had a chat with fe3333au last night. Most of it was informal but when i asked about upcoming trade possibilities he eventually said that they had popped Poly from a hut. Whether it was genuine forgetfulness or otherwise i dont know. Here is that part of the chat.

RobiD77: so has your side come up with any proposals
fe3333au: we are in the middle of elections ... so we need to address that first ... damn those turns are speeding though ... bad time of year
fe3333au: so sorry I have no answer at the moment
RobiD77: i see, thats ok i understand. Do you at least have an inkling on whether something can be worked out
fe3333au: could you fill me in again ... sorry been distracted by allergies ... so am a bit cotton wool headed atm :-(
RobiD77: hehe thats ok, we will have poly next turn, so if you guys have Maps or Currency we would be happy to work something out
fe3333au: Oh thanks ... Now you mention it ... I actually have been keeping a count down LOL
RobiD77: no problem
fe3333au: to answer you question ... I hope this doesn't anger you ... but we do need some time ... I will have an answer by the next save comming to you ... is that ok?
fe3333au: *your
RobiD77: no thats ok. So how are things with kiss
fe3333au: tense
fe3333au: very tense actually
RobiD77: having an expansion rush
RobiD77: contest
fe3333au: yes it is difficult ... we are trying to keep up with them
RobiD77: i suppose we would be doing the same thing if we weren't already at war
fe3333au: and we are getting cities that can see each other ... and unfortunatley the citizens are not waving
RobiD77: were having a military build up contest
fe3333au: So how is war going ... the immorals are keeping you occupied?
RobiD77: yeah been trading blows, but no descisive winners so far
fe3333au: any casualties?
RobiD77: yeah a couple each
fe3333au: so last skirmish was even?
RobiD77: yes, just testing each other out atm
fe3333au: Actually I have to say ... now that I'm focusing on game ...
fe3333au: we popped our last hut ... and got Poly

In the next bit we got onto the topic of TNT and what they been saying about us. Apprently they believe we will be pushovers and that their big attack will come from an unexpected direction, i guess that explains why they are not serious about peace. Anyway heres that part of the chat.

fe3333au: So have KISS said anything to you about us?
RobiD77: not really, same as you, not communicating ect
RobiD77: tnt been talkative
fe3333au: To you?
RobiD77: no i ment to you
fe3333au: LOL I thought they were sending e-mail insults ;-)
fe3333au: regarding us ... the channels are open ... but they have nothing we want
RobiD77: well sort of, its the only thing you could call their peace proposals
fe3333au: I suspect they are sending messages to KISS as well
RobiD77: have they said anything about the war, are they still supremely confident
fe3333au: They have been cock enough to send us news from th front
fe3333au: different stories though
fe3333au: *cocky
RobiD77: really how different
fe3333au: yes ... they have had recent victories ... and the final push will be comming from an unexpectant direction
RobiD77: hehe is that so
fe3333au: they don't see you offering much resistance
RobiD77: did they mention the recent defeats too or did they skip that bit
fe3333au: First I heeard LOL
fe3333au: we were beginning to get worried for you
RobiD77: they can believe what they want
fe3333au: Do you know how many cities they have?
RobiD77: no doubt they can hurt us, we are not completely dilusional like they are, but we can hurt them too
RobiD77: we have a rough idea
fe3333au: we saw 2 coastal cities ... and a source of iron
RobiD77: yeap, the rest are inland
fe3333au: do you have any cities in spitting distance to them?
RobiD77: no there a fair distance of seperation, remember us 2 have been building units not settlers
fe3333au: good point
fe3333au: So your strategy is defence ... while they do all the movement
fe3333au: and end up long way from nearest base
fe3333au: good strategy
RobiD77: more or less but we will do a bit of poking around to
fe3333au: you have the movement points for that
RobiD77: thats right, so i don't understand how they think we will offer no resistance, not that i really care
fe3333au: they speak big ... you got any elites yet?
RobiD77: they been speaking big since day one, and they haven't been able to back it up with actions though

:rotfl: :rotfl: <== is what I think of TNT overconfidance. This is the silver lining of loosing GS squad, they probably think that the GS Squad was our only offensive group. Hopefully they now move a great many troops down the Jungle Road (I believe this is the unexpected direction) and our CR squad can smash them when the aren't looking.

-the Wolf

Just got this off the diplomatic wire from MIA, looks like things are starting to heat up in the game. This could be the oppertunity we've been waiting for, we have all three of the teams trying to suck up to us:lol:

Dear Doughnuts,

First off, let us apologize for the long delay between communications. We've been scrambling to take care of several potential disasters that all sprung up at the same time. Don't worry – things are mostly back under control now.

We want to update you on what's going on over the sea in our neck of the world and also to demonstrate that we are not deliberately keeping you in the dark. We mentioned our troubles with KISS to you in a previous chat, and we regret to inform you that things continue to deteriorate … although we're still hoping to avoid war … that hope seems increasingly like vain hope. KISS continues to back away from our peace deal, we just received a curt note which indicated that after 470BC (T104) the mutual peace between our peoples will no longer be in effect ... simply put after this dark date, KISS are free to act with aggression without suffering a penalty.

To MIA Diplomatic Corps:

We are unhappy, and frustrated, by your recent dealings with the "Dark Side" across the water. We can no longer guarantee continued peaceful relations beyond 470BC (T104).

During this period we will view any incursion of your troops or settlers north of The Line of Demarcation set forth in the attached map as an act of war and will respond accordingly.

Bede of KISS

We think that our Hoplites may be the only thing deterring a sneak attack for the time being. (as we are no longer sure how far we can trust KISS' honour)

Several turns ago – when everything started to go south with KISS, our defensive position was much weaker than it is now … and fearing for the very existence of our Empire – we scrambled to find an ally to help save us from KISS. As a team, we decided that rapid advancement to the Middle Ages was our best hope for surviving KISS – and TNT was the only team with the knowledge we needed to get to the Middle Ages.

We deeply regret any false-impressions this may have given you. Let us say emphatically: We mean no harm to your people whatsoever. We explicitly told TNT that we would not be involved in any military action against you, and that our tech swap would in no-way obligate us to help them in a military manner.

It is still MIA's hope that we can become good friends and trading partners. (We don't know if those KISS snakes have been whispering in your ear – but please take what they say with a grain of salt … we know for a fact that they have been trying to spread half-truths about other teams and suspect now about MIA)

History is the great teacher, for a possible litmus ... is it not confusing and disturbing how quickly a firm and strong powerful alignment crumbled into distrust and jealousy, especially when the perceived junior partner begun to out prosper the other)

Regrettably – as part of our deal with TNT, they quite naturally required that we not trade any of their technology to any other teams. At the time we also found out that KISS too were engaged in discussions with TNT and therefore the negotiations were reduced to a bidding war between KISS and us, with both teams fully understanding the restrictions and implications placed on the trade deal.

As you can see, we were in no position to bargain with them – and therefore cannot honourably trade many of our new techs with you. However – we do have a few proposals we would like to put on the table to help cement our good relationship and light a path forward for both our peoples.
(This isn't necessarily a formal proposal – just some ideas, which, if you like them also – we'll write them up all nice and formal and have a signing ceremony and celebration)

1) Trans-Oceanic Peace Treaty. We propose signing a peace agreement that is basically unlimited, but either team can leave the treaty as long as they provide 5 turns notice to the other team. Leaving the treaty would not be an act of war – it would just no longer guarantee peace. We think this is a reasonable first step on the road to long-term peace for both of us.

2) You get Pianos, we get Happy Hour! We propose trading Ivory for Wines as soon as you get a harbour up and running.

3) We are interested in trading some technology with you. As we mentioned, we have to be careful – but we have some options, depending on what you're interested in. If you're researching Monarchy – or plan to research Chivalry eventually… then we may have some options to trade tech straight across. A more likely scenario may be us selling you some of our technology on very favourable terms. As a show of good faith – we'd be willing to make you a good deal on Republic or Currency – if you're interested in either. Let us know!

Anyway, we're happy to keep you up to date on the events on this side of the pond, so feel free to approach us with any questions or concerns. We promise to be more vociferous now that our crises have been averted. And if KISS is saying things that are painting a strange picture (as they have done with TNT), we hope you will ask us about it. We, of course, will do the same for you.

We look forward to many more years of peace and cooperation with our friends across the sea.

Feaurius III
Foreign Minister MIA

PS. We haven't sighted any TNT movement in your direction – but we'll let you know if we see or hear of anything!

I spoke to fe3333au last night. As soon as we have our harbour up and running the ivory-wine trade will take place. They have also expressed an interest in trade for Monarchy and have tentativly offered Republic in the swap, but that will be decided shortly

Did MIA declare war yet?
Might as well organze a premptive strike with KISS. Send one or two MWs, just to make KISS like us more

I am relieved, MIA is not planning to attack us. We should establish a long term peace. There is an opportunity, we wait until K.I.S.S. sends us Invention. Trade it for Theology with MIA. They know Theology already. Haven't seen Nobody for awhile, could do a proper proposal for MIA. Though no alliance.

MIA lost warrior to barb horseman.

Dear Nobody

We have lost track of our warrior who was wandering around your territory, can you pass on any information regarding his mysterious disappearance?

Also you mentioned in a previous letter that you were interested in a peace treaty with us.

We are always interested in peace therefore, could you send additional information as to what type of peace you would be interested in forging with us? Would it incorporate technology trading? How would this affect your relationship with KISS?

Regards

Feaurius III
MIA Foreign Minister

Top Bottom