• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

NESLife VI

Zebedi in the Haskone Sea

Organism: Zebedi
Description: A motile, olfactory predator with a digestive tract, nephridium, slimy skin, primitive tetrahedral skeleton, and a ribbon-like tail for swimming.
Niche: Olfactory swimming generalist.

Organism: Zebtacka
Ancestor: Zebedi
Selective Pressure: Limited niches in an isolated sea
Mutation: A rippon-like tail is not the most agile of fin layouts, from this a mutation which leaves the Zebtacka with multiple controllable fins (pectorals and pelvic fins) and a reduced rear fin makes the organism a lot more agile in the waters.

Spoiler :
Organism: Burrower
Description: An armoured motile organism with 10 spines for locomotion and defense, 2 of which are adapted for digging and olfaction.
Niche: Olfactory armoured, tunneling scavenger and herbivore.

Organism: Needler
Ancestor: Burrower
Selective Pressure: Competition with the paravestor for nutrients from roototil descendants along with increased organisms walking along the surface.
Mutation: The Needler has developed certain systems and advantages to adapt to the ever changing environment. These mutations include a method to burrow/tunnel through the saturated dirt much quicker, by creating a more flexible spine that allows the needler to wiggle through the dirt with the aide of the all available spines to propel itself forward. In addition to increased locomotion underground, the Needler has evolved a sharp, hollow spine at the front of its body that is jabbed into the underbelly of organisms or the roots of roototilia. When this spine is injected into a specimen a simple sucking-system drains nutrients, ammonia/water or other key nutrients, from the target creature into the body of the Needler. Combined with the increased locomotion, the spine itself can be thrust deep into an organism, even past certain certain armors without breaking.

Organism: Spiracul
Ancestor: Skitterer
Selective Pressure: Increased competition on land
Mutation: A nose and a respiratory system allows the Spiracul to take in [Insert oxygen equivalent here] at a very efficient rate allowing them to live on land. This respiratory system also provides their circulatory system with a constant large supply of air which allows the Spiracul to out run any other creature in sprints and in long distances.

I am going to start working on an update when I wake up tomorrow- I'll accept new evolutions until I'm finished the writeup. :)

Organism: Sky-Stealer
Ancestor: Ground-Grasper
Selective pressure: The need to be able to better distribute nutrients to the colony.
Mutation: The need to distribute nutrients to different parts of the colony led to the development of a vascular system which allowed the Sky-Stealer to distribute sustenance to its clones... and at the same time spurred vertical growth. To support this the roots which linked the clones together became thicker and probed deeper to support the increasing above ground weight and also served to discourage predators. The additional height and the stability afforded by the root system, also spurred the development of a denser network of leaves, which spread out laterally in regular patterns along regularly spaced and densely woven branches. The general increase in the volume of the Sky-Stealer also allowed it to store more ammonia, a large part of which was now safely stowed in the hard to handle trunk and roots.

Organism: Ibero
Ancestor: Siccabis
Selective Pressure: Lack of growing space due to other Tonuda class plants.
Mutation: Water/Ammonia internal storage. When these plants grow deep inland, the Siccabis would die from lack of moisture. Dehydration, essentially. The Ibero uses its windblown spores to reach the interior, and then has developed large internal cavities designed to prevent dehydration. When it does rain, these plants will be able to not just soak up what they can with their roots initially, but will store the rain inside of themselves. This allows them to stay living normally even through long periods of drought.

Organism: Rangipu
Description: A gaseous sac with a photosynthetic skin, dessication resistance and floating young.
Niche: High-hovering primary producer.

Organism: Prikipu
Ancestor: Rangipu
Selective Pressure: Overcrowding and Competition, Predation
Mutation: Organic spikes. Think more pine needles than cacti for now. Sharp enough to "pop" other plants it contacts with. Small/thick/whatever enough that attacking Maves often wound themselves to take it down. Should be photosynthesizing.

Spoiler :
Organism: Farfilter
Description: A filter feeder with jet propulsion.
Niche: Floating filter feeder in open oceans.

Organism: Hyber
Ancestor: Farfilter
Selective Pressure: Escape predation by moving to oceanic "deserts"
Mutation: The Hyber is a Farfilter which has formed a symbiotic relationship with a primitive photosynthesizer. Somehow, the small single celled organisms became incorporated into the Farfilter's body and grew colonies. The Farfilter gives the colony shelter from the elements and keeps it mobile away from predators, while the symbiote gives the filter food when it finds itself in nutrient poor "deserts" in the ocean, which are also free of most predators, thus giving both organisms, now one, a safe haven from predations.

:) I think Growers need some more love. They've just been sitting there photosynthesising for millions of years, while all the advanced plants are on land. Maybe symbiotic things like that are the way forward.

OOC : A random query : Can someone post an evolution for more than one creature ? I would really love to work something with the Aves family ..

That's up to Iggy, but I doubt it - Traditionally its been one evolution per player per turn, otherwise it would be too much work for the mod to handle.

One per player per epoch. The updates already take a long time, if I let people post two, the update time would probably extend from 8 hours to 16.

That sounds good !! It would be some time before skeletal structures evolve...

Well, right now all members of Spinata (now divided into Curata and Orata) have exoskeletons, and all extant hobos also contain a tetrahedral internal skeleton.

I'm posting this to note that I am visiting my family back home in the Yukon, so this coming update may be delayed by several days.

Top Bottom