Never Before Seen Leader Elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alfonso X (Spain) 28
Chandragupta Maurya (India) 28
Constantine (Rome) 5
Djoser (Egypt) (7-3)=4 Best known for building a step pyramid, anything else we know about him? Plus Amanitore already has the builder aspects for a Civ leader.
Senusret III (Egypt) 26
Shivaji (India) 24
William the Conqueror (England) (19+1)=20 I'm ok with his appearance in the game.

Last edited:
Alfonso X (Spain) 28
Constantine (Rome) 5-3=2 - I don't want religious gameplay for the Roman Empire. Byzantium is much better for that.
Djoser (Egypt) 4
Senusret III (Egypt) 26+1=27 - Definitely a good leader choice to lead Egypt.
Shivaji (India) 24
William the Conqueror (England) 20

Alfonso X (Spain) 28
Constantine (Rome) 2 - 3 = ELIMINATED I would rather have Byzantium
Djoser (Egypt) 4
Senusret III (Egypt) 27 + 1 = 28 His enemy, the Nubians, deified him
Shivaji (India) 24

Alfonso X (Spain) 28
Djoser (Egypt) (4-3)=1 It's time for him to go.
Senusret III (Egypt) 28
Shivaji (India) 24
William the Conqueror (England) (20+1)=21 He's a decent choice for an English leader.

Alfonso X (Spain) 28
Djoser (Egypt) 1 - 3 = ELIMINATED. Better choices with more obvious agendas abound for Egypt's second leader.
Senusret III (Egypt) 28 + 1 = 29 (Like this god-king.)
Shivaji (India) 24
William the Conqueror (England) 21

Alfonso X (Spain) 28
Senusret III (Egypt) 29+1=30 - Him being worshipped as a god by his enemies makes him a great choice to be a second leader for Egypt.
Shivaji (India) 24-3=21 - Time to narrow the table, and I think Chandragupta Maurya would make better choice to be an alternate leader of India.

Alfonso X (Spain) 28
Chandragupta Maurya (India) (28-3)=25 I actually prefer Ashoka as the Mauryan leader of India.
Senusret III (Egypt) 30
Shivaji (India) (21+1)=22 He seems like a decent choice to lead India.

Alfonso X (Spain) 29 (28+1) best choice left
Chandragupta Maurya (India) 25
Senusret III (Egypt) 27 (30-3) not as interesting and outstanding as Alfonso and thus shouldn't be ahead of him
Shivaji (India) 22

Alfonso X (Spain) 29 + 1 = 30. Spain is weak and needs a focus. Alfonso can give it a faith + science or faith + culture bonus.
Senusret III (Egypt) 27 (30-3) not as interesting and outstanding as Alfonso and thus shouldn't be ahead of him
Shivaji (India) 22
William the Conqueror (England) 21 - 3 = 19. Much better options for England.

Fixing the score of William the Conqueror. It should be 18, not 19.

Alfonso X (Spain) 30-3=27 - Well, should he lead when Spain doesn't need a second leader as badly as Egypt?

Senusret III (Egypt) 27+1=28 - I think he should win this round :p
Shivaji (India) 22
William the Conqueror (England) 18

Alfonso X (Spain) 27 - 3 = 24 Alfonso forfeited many of his claims to land and power elsewhere, and spent most of his scientific output on astrology. Hardly a worthy rival for Senusret III. And then there was that civil war...also agreed that Spain doesn't need a second leader as badly as Egypt.
Senusret III (Egypt) 28 + 1 = 29 A god-king whose military prowess led to economic and cultural prosperity for Egypt is a worthy first or second.
Shivaji (India) 22
William the Conqueror (England) 18

Alfonso X (Spain) 24
Chandragupta Maurya (India) (25-3)=22 Now both of the Indian leaders have the same score :p, he's a good choice for a leader, but I prefer Ashoka.
Senusret III (Egypt) 29
Shivaji (India) 22
William the Conqueror (England) (18+1)=19 Another vote for the Norman

Alfonso X (Spain) 24
Chandragupta Maurya (India) 22
Senusret III (Egypt) 29+1=30 - I want Senusret to win. Egypt needs a second leader, and he's a great choice.
Shivaji (India) 22-3=19 - I think it's time for one Indian leader to go, and I consider Chandragupta Maurya to be a better choice to lead India.
William the Conqueror (England) 19

Alfonso X (Spain) 24
Chandragupta Maurya (India) (22-3)=19 Now he's the same score as Shivaji again :p. I find him incredibly generic as a leader (just being an empire founder), and prefer Ashoka to represent that time period.
Senusret III (Egypt) 30
Shivaji (India) 19
William the Conqueror (England) (19+1)=20 He's an ok choice for an English leader.

Alfonso X (Spain) 24 - 3 = 21 (Known for science, but wasted it on astrology. Wasted resources and men on a bid for Holy Roman Emperor status that went kaput.)
Chandragupta Maurya (India) 19
Senusret III (Egypt) 30 + 1 = 31 (Should be first due to his clear agenda potential, interesting visual appearance, and imposing legacy.)
Shivaji (India) 19

Alfonso X (Spain) 21
Chandragupta Maurya (India) 19+1=20 - Now I'm going to ruin @Guandao's plan to make his score same as Shivaji's :p
Senusret III (Egypt) 31
Shivaji (India) 19-3=16 - I like Chandragupta Maurya more as an alternate leader of India.

Alfonso X (Spain) 21
Chandragupta Maurya (India) (20-3)=17 He sounds too good to be true, how well attested was the Mauryan period? I prefer Ashoka over him. No one has adequately explain why he is the superior Indian leader to Shivaji.
Senusret III (Egypt) 31
Shivaji (India) (16+1)=17 He's equal in worthiness to Chandragupta Maurya in my eyes. Just because he was from a later period of history doesn't mean he's not worthy.

Alfonso X (Spain) 211
Chandragupta Maurya (India) 17+1=18 - Well about the reason why is he better... Well... He was the father to Ashoka's father, which means he's quite responsible for Ashoka, while Shivaji isn't? Jokes aside, he founded the Mauryan Empire, which was probably the largest country in Indian history.
Senusret III (Egypt) 31
Shivaji (India) 17-3=14 - I still like Chandragupta Maurya more.

Alfonso X (Spain) 21
Chandragupta Maurya (India) (18-3)=15 An empire founder...like we haven't had enough of those in Civ :p. He seems too good to be true, how much of his life is a fabrication? I bet Mauryan historical records were very poor (only royal inscriptions). He doesn't have a compelling story like Ashoka. I conquer, make big empire! :sleep:
Senusret III (Egypt) 31
Shivaji (India) (14+1)=15 I still think he is as notable an Indian leader as CM. At least we know how he looked like.

Alfonso X (Spain) 21
Chandragupta Maurya (India) 15 + 1 = 16 (While I like Shivaji, I think Chandragupta is a bit more iconic.)
Senusret III (Egypt) 31
Shivaji (India) 15
William the Conqueror (England) 20 - 3 = 17 (While important to history, I don't see him as an iconic English ruler as such--people are likelier to associate Winston Churchill or Henry V or even King Arthur with England over William.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom