1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - April 17th (4-17)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Apr 17, 2020.

1. wobuffet

wobuffet Barbarian

Bromar1, Vhozite, Erikose and 13 others like this.
  2. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

Well, apparently Gandhi decided to put all his nukes on carriers, which got sunk by the ever expanding Dutch navy after only firing one nuke... Now they're out of fuel.

This game is weird. The normally peaceful Austria, Netherlands and Polynesia all became warmongers late game, and the former two are pretty successful.

vyyt and JamesNinelives like this.
  3. Susanooo

Susanooo Chieftain

Is it possible to add combat log? It's hard to keep track lategame.

4. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

I've found Austria going Authority surprisingly often in recent games lol. Polynesia I think always has a little warmongering tendancy, although they also seem to like building wonders :).

5. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

No, Austria went Tradition Statecraft Industry Autocracy. She absorbed the whole Songhai and most of Babylon, forced the Netherlands to switch to Autocracy through World Ideology, and then won DV on the second vote on Turn 503, 12 turns before Morocco could win SV.

The Netherlands went Tradition Statecraft Rationalism Order, reduced Germany to 1 city, vassalized him and left him to die to a CS, vassalized Babylon and conquered half of India but was at the end slower than Morocco at both SV and CV.

Not a single Inquisitor was used. No one cared about spreading or maintaining their religion after Industrial.

World maps for the interested:
    Spoiler Turn 2 :
    upload_2020-6-7_18-56-0.png

Spoiler Turn 100 :
    upload_2020-6-7_18-56-46.png

Spoiler Turn 200 :
    upload_2020-6-7_18-57-31.png

Spoiler Turn 300 :
    upload_2020-6-7_18-58-2.png

Spoiler Turn 400 :
    upload_2020-6-7_18-58-34.png

Spoiler Turn 503 :
    upload_2020-6-7_18-59-25.png
    upload_2020-6-7_18-59-40.png

Excuse the darkened minimap. I can't click the just one more turn button as an observer (which is yet another problem for autoplay).

6. SpankmyMetroid

SpankmyMetroid Warlord

Almost two months. Who wants to bet next patch will be a "beta" as well?

7. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

Upcoming bugfixes for next version that I think some of you will be happy about :)
    Code:
    ilteroi: Combat preview window will no longer appear if it would block the promotion choice window

Fixed a bug giving an unfair advantage to civs with lower tech levels when calculating war score

Fixed vassal protection & failed protection mechanics
      Protection & failure to protect now works as intended (I fixed a bunch of bugs), decays over time instead of being permanent

You earn protection value (opinion/vassal treatment bonus) by:
      - Capturing enemy/Barbarian cities that are near your vassal
      - Killing enemy/Barbarian combat units that are near your vassal (within their borders, adjacent to their borders, visible to their units* or within 6 tiles of one of their cities)
      - Killing non-Barbarian Settlers that are near your vassal
      - Modifier is now "You protected their territory as their master!"

You earn failed protection value (opinion/vassal treatment penalty) by:
      - Letting your vassal's units get killed within their borders, within their teammate's borders or within your borders (except from Barbarians, to be fair in case the Barbarians were spawned by the vassal)
      - Letting your vassal's cities get captured
      - Letting your vassal's tiles get pillaged
      - Functionality to allow the deaths of nearby vassal units in neutral territory to count for this has been reenabled, but range is set to 0;
        if you want this on you can activate it in C4DF > LUA > Globals.sql (VASSALAGE_FAILED_PROTECT_CITY_DISTANCE).
      - Modifier is now "You failed to protect their territory as their master!"

Failed protection value is subtracted from protection value. If > 0 you get a protection bonus, < 0 you get a failed protection penalty.

*Only applies in neutral territory, your team's territory, or the vassal team's territory. Also, killing distant Settlers does not award a protection bonus.

Todo: Add logic so that Barbarians from events/unhappiness/etc. are treated separately from Barbarians roaming around for vassal failed protect value - also do this for partisans

Unfortunately, as Gazebo has stated, he's been very busy IRL as a result of his full-time job and his family being personally affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Usually the turnaround time between updates is faster than this, but life happens.

Please keep in mind that no developers for this mod are paid to do this. :)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  8. Miracle_007

Miracle_007 Chieftain

Hi Guys. I am a long time lurker but I just wanted to say I LOVE THIS MOD! It makes a mediocre game into a awesome one. I have recently started using the "beta" version. As much as I love the new happiness system, I do miss the luxury resource breakdown that used to be there on a hoover over of the yellow happy face. Now if you hoover over the happy/frown face you get an overall breakdown, but now it is much more time consuming to figure out what luxuries are available that you dont have, how many duplicates you have, etc. The "resources" tab on the left flyout provides much of this information, but it time consuming to get to and doesnt display as much as the "stable" hoover over did. Is there something I'm missing? Have I overlooked a simple method of accessing this info? Thanks again.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  9. Marviellac

Marviellac Chieftain

The luxuries breakdown is now a little more to the right, under the great merchant icon :)

JamesNinelives and Miracle_007 like this.
  10. arievillo

arievillo Chieftain

You guys should stick this statement here:

Untitled.png

Take your time and thank you.

11. tothePAIN

tothePAIN King

Let me chime in to praise the AI. I just lost 3 cities to the AI because I sent my army to fight a different AI and ignored the science runaway who was my neighbor. I had settled 2 cities in less-defensible positions and let the AI plop a citadel down right next to the 3rd city. The AI got the military tech advantage and took my 3 cities in 3 turns, while I hastily retreated to my next defensible line of cities. This might seem bad (it is, in terms of me winning the game) but its fantastic in showing how good the AI is and why I'm still playing this mod. Thank you to the posters who help create this terrific mod.

12. psparky

psparky Prince

Could you please post a link to the commit that fixed this. I've tried various ways of finding the fix on GitHub without success and I'd love to include this in my old version while I wait to see what happens with the next release.

I've tried to fix this problem myself in the past without success :blush:

13. Phosphoraptor

Phosphoraptor Chieftain

I cannot build forts in certain spots where i can build a citadel (no adjacent forts or citadels). Is this an intended feature or bug?
    Spoiler Example: :

20200609001113_1.jpg 20200609001117_1.jpg

14. DeAnno

DeAnno Prince

Forts can't currently be stuck on top of any resource, including bonus resources like sheep.

15. Phosphoraptor

Phosphoraptor Chieftain

Thanks for clarifying!
    Looks like i have to burn a GG for that canal.:(

16. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/commit/cee7ae175b01be167fc928fb33811b01603da3e0

For future reference ilteroi's work is done in the ole branch. :)

(I have no idea what "ole" means, but I like to think it's an acronym for "optimize literally everything".)

I believe ilteroi has also made some improvements to the happiness overview and resource overview for next version, which @Miracle_007 may be happy about.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    Erikose, Maxxim69, vyyt and 2 others like this.
  17. tothePAIN

tothePAIN King

Is there a fix planned for the promotion tree related to logistics? It's really weird right now for siege vs not siege units. Its behind infiltrators for ranged units but field III otherwise.

saamohod and Phosphoraptor like this.
  18. psparky

psparky Prince

Got it working now. Thanks to you and Old Laser Eye :scan:

JamesNinelives and Recursive like this.
  19. saamohod

saamohod Prince

What's the game difficulty?

JamesNinelives likes this.
  20. tothePAIN

tothePAIN King

Deity. Zulu with a wine Monopoly. There were 6 authority civs in the game and Byzantium as Trad / Statehood /Rationalism so I went Progress / Artistry (which let me found with Hero Worship). I took 3 city states in various wars (only one of which I had to declare specifically on the city state) and then someone bribed my neighbor Byzantium (who was 10 techs ahead) to declare war on me. Byzantium had fusilier and field funs against my impish and cannons, and my eastern front was poorly positioned. (I had originally planned to conquer Byzantium first but they got Great Wall... which basically shut that down.)

21. andersw

andersw Emperor

Erikose, Hinin, vyyt and 3 others like this.