1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - April 20th (4-20)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Apr 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Chieftain

> Ironclad - CS bumped by 5

I see no-one has commented on this yet. With cruisers now at range 1 as well, beware the wrath of coal-eating ships! :p

2. andersw

andersw Chieftain

Getting better lux -> gold trade deals over all and extremely good ones with indonesia, 10gpt +some flat is far more than I'm used to.

3. randomnub

randomnub Chieftain

This made bullying really clunky. In the situation below with two tiles of rough terrain in between me and Antwerp I have 0 military next to the CS (moving one spearman on the NE plains puts him into range finally). I like the idea of using pathfinding and be unable to bully through small bodies of water but the old 6 tiles distance could be improved a bit, else I can foresee not being able to physically fit enough units in the bully range later on.

nobully.png

SupTo and Bromar1 like this.
  4. Dolen

Dolen Chieftain

There's something weird going on right now, with AI capitals whose leader chose non-Tradition policy are stuck at 1 pop.
    Perhaps, this has something to do with what others have reported here about starving cities.

5. randomnub

randomnub Chieftain

re: bullying

I'm getting mixed results in some quick tests.

yesbully.png

In this situation the last spearman move put him into bullying range, when he's 7 tiles (and 6 turns) away from Antananarivo. Maybe it counts embarked pathfinding as well? I didn't research fishing yet though.

6. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I reported it on GitHub

7. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Are you on the hotfix?

G

JamesNinelives likes this.
  8. Snipergw

Snipergw Chieftain

Did a quick game on King to get a feel for the version. Communitas, default settings. I did play as Khmer for Vox Populi, who I think are a little overtuned. They made the Tourism victory too easy, but they were not my main problems with the patch. Firstly, the AI is just too passive. Once I got diplomatic vision of the other continent, I could see Atilla with a massive army neglecting to kill Ethiopia despite being easily able to. Rome attacked me several times, concluding with me taking two of his cities, one of them his capital. I annexed Rome and puppeted Cumae - I had settled 4 cities myself this game. Later I puppeted a Carthaginian city. I faced zero happiness issues the entire game, and happiness was in fact a non-issue despite growing all my cities as hard as possible. I feel the new system is far too generous and basically defeats the point of happiness altogether.

As I was pushing my tourism to dominate everyone, all the AI, even neighbouring Incas with military superiority, happily traded with me. Open borders, favorable deals, everything. The turn before I became influential over him, Pachahuti gave me a luxury resource for free. The AI would continue to raise no resistance to my cultural domination - I only ever got in one war after I conquered Rome, which was Atilla declaring war on Rome to take some of his terrible one-tile island cities. After this he ended up peacing out with me, not trying an invasion, the turn before I completed Citizen Earth. Rome was able to declare independence for the last 50-60 turns of the game, and had a reasonably strong army to do so with - if they had pushed their advantage, it would have slowed me down. Similarly, the Incas were always in a position they could attack from, being largely technologicaly matched and their army outsizing mine. But nothing ever happened. No-one tried to stop my victory - they didn't even try to embargo me, or stop giving me open borders. King may not be intended to be a herculean challenge to beat, but I do think it used to be much harder a year or two ago. That may be my rose-tinted glasses speaking, but I distinctly remember being barred by nukes by warmongers the moment I started threatening a victory.

The new happiness system, despite being too lenient, is still a fantastic upgrade that's so superior to the old one it's amazing. Fantastic update, just needs to be a little more rough. Difficulty 5 is supposed to correspond to 6 or 7 in vanilla, but the AI just didn't put up a fight whatsoever. Bring on the AI agressiveness!

Maxxim69 and vyyt like this.
  9. FaarmAnimal

FaarmAnimal Chieftain

Seems it is a straightforward balance issue resolved by increasing the cost of late game buildings and units.

10. Gazebo

Nope.
    G

11. Gazebo

One game is not a strong enough sample. Sometimes the AI fights amongst themselves a bit more and ignores humans.

G

12. FaarmAnimal

FaarmAnimal Chieftain

Could you expand?

If late game costs are much higher and plants become an essential then doesn't this solve half the problem? (please don't reply with nope lol)

13. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

If you'll look back in Gazebo's earlier posts, you'll see that he has something else in mind as yet unspecified for these buildings.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  14. FaarmAnimal

FaarmAnimal Chieftain

Since you didn't bother to tell me what that was I looked through his posts and I am no wiser.

Thanks anyway

15. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

Actually, I did tell you: something "as yet unspecified." But since that didn't work for you, here is the actual post:

I think Gazebo is open to ideas, but has some of his own.

Erikose and JamesNinelives like this.
  16. FaarmAnimal

FaarmAnimal Chieftain

Seems like someone is trying to pick a fight lol

No thanks

17. andersw

andersw Chieftain

Colonialism(imperialsm tree) doesnt provide the supposed happiness bonus (4/mono) from monopolies, I've posted on Github but write here for other players.

18. nOxr

nOxr Chieftain

I am on the hotfix and still have a problem with AI capitals with pop 1.

19. a1nosweat

a1nosweat Chieftain

20. arthurF

arthurF Chieftain

Is the food bug fixed?