New Beta Version - April 9th (4/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found an exploit!

Sometimes, at the end of a turn, the "end turn" button will freeze on whatever the last thing it promoted you to do was--does anyone else get this? Where it says, like, "unit needs orders" but your turn is over and you can just slam Shift + Enter to skip trying to make the button change?

Well, if a city event is the thing that the button gets stuck on, you can go in and select every outcome. I got the monument event to give me an extra gold, faith, and culture from the monument this way. There ought to be a way to prevent players from taking every option, yes?

I found an exploit!

Sometimes, at the end of a turn, the "end turn" button will freeze on whatever the last thing it promoted you to do was--does anyone else get this? Where it says, like, "unit needs orders" but your turn is over and you can just slam Shift + Enter to skip trying to make the button change?

Well, if a city event is the thing that the button gets stuck on, you can go in and select every outcome. I got the monument event to give me an extra gold, faith, and culture from the monument this way. There ought to be a way to prevent players from taking every option, yes?

Select every outcome one at a time? I.e. you select it, it okay, and then click the notification again?

G

I found an exploit!

Yes, I frequentely have this bug for city production :
I have "a city need orders", I clic on it, chose a production, exit the city, and then, instead of "End the turn", I still have "a city need orders" (and it open the same city). I have to wait 5 sec to be able to clic on "End the turn".
Is it the same bug you talking about ?

And if a similar thing happen to events, that's true that you may be able to select multiple options.

playing as denmark my horseman stupidly embark to attack a enemy right next to him... and receive massive penalties

Is there still the plan to upload the CP itself to the Steam Workshop? Moving forward, I'll be requiring the CP for the use of my civs, so this would be useful to know.

Yes, now that I've got the structural changes in place for events (something I wanted to do prior to workshop upload) that will happen with the next official version. The CPP full set will remain an exe, but the CP will be up soon.

G

Is the beta currently incompatible with EUI v1.28f 11mar2016? I deleted

CityBannerManager.lua
CityBannerManager.xml
CityStateStatusHelp.lua
DiploList.lua
ProductionPopup.lua
YieldIconManager.xml
YieldIconManager.lua

but the leaders/diplomacy panel on the right side is gone.

Also, meant to ask: how's the new Progress arrangement treating everyone? Also the UU changes?

G
Alright, I'll chime in. The short answer is that it's probably my new favorite tree. The long?

I think it's a bit too strong when compared to the other two trees, but then again, my Indonesia play relies on getting all those luxuries up while still doing other things (I may have to try a different civ, since their UA and Springtime really made the policies fly). The big thing is getting that free worker so early, which I feel is how it should be, and then choosing the food and science from connections right after... and that bonus is not negligible. Having two cities connected early is a whopping +6 science, the strength of an academy (remember, Progress rewards for researching techs). That's also with the additional food it throws at you. Can other trees truly give you such an early push? Tradition does have the science help after taking four policies, but Progress only takes three. And of course, if you wanted the production and gold instead, there's always that option, and it doesn't require a connection. Maybe if the worker's too busy for the roads.

Now, taking Authority by comparison, where is it going to get any meaningful science gains? Dominance gives peanuts on kills, and even obtaining these kills are a chore. Imperium is on the other end on the tree, and the gain is pretty negligible considering founding cities does raise the science requirements.

Personally, I feel like since the policies in Progress were switched around to be in a very desirable order, the yields should be brought back down a bit. I haven't taken the left side of Progress first yet, but it also seems solid. Organization is a great policy, and Expertise only makes it easier to churn those buildings out.

TL;DR: It's in a good place, but it might be in TOO good of a place when compared to the others.

I'm fine with the 'Progress' shuffle, though I was fine with it beforehand. I'm easy to please.

Just to add a different experience with events...seems that I'm currently on the lucky side of the RNG in my first game with this version and events in general...within 67 turns I got just 3 positive events (the comet, the one for monument and a friendly nomadic tribe) :)

I've found Progress even more flexible since the change. All the policies look attractive, and you can adapt your choice each game depending on needs. In mine I had that horrific ice age event, but taking the +2 gold +2 production policy negated it, progress marches on :D
Great change :thumbsup:

Progress seems pretty OP though, +3Food will grow you as good as if not better than Tradition outside of capital-tier cities due to Tradition only affecting Growth, which means the surplus food is increased by 20% if I understand correctly, meaning your city needs to be +15 food surplus to get near that 3 Food per city. You aren't getting that much anywhere except for capital and perhaps some badass cities, which you won't have many of

The science is also too good

Progress should have the +3 S/F per city policy nerfed to 2 of each, then it'll be okay.

So I bumped into Denmark in the Renaissance.
Spoiler :

Something tells me that the AI can sometimes be a little too aggressive for its own good. Currently I just hit Modern era and he's at 14 technologies. He just managed to set up an embassy in my capital.

If it helps, he spawned on a continent by himself and it seems he just expanded non-stop and crippled himself.

So I bumped into Denmark in the Renaissance.
Spoiler :

Something tells me that the AI can sometimes be a little too aggressive for its own good. Currently I just hit Modern era and he's at 14 technologies. He just managed to set up an embassy in my capital.

If it helps, he spawned on a continent by himself and it seems he just expanded non-stop and crippled himself.

Being isolated pretty much always kills the game, main reason why I don't play island-maps ever.

Progress seems pretty OP though, +3Food will grow you as good as if not better than Tradition outside of capital-tier cities due to Tradition only affecting Growth, which means the surplus food is increased by 20% if I understand correctly, meaning your city needs to be +15 food surplus to get near that 3 Food per city. You aren't getting that much anywhere except for capital and perhaps some badass cities, which you won't have many of

The science is also too good

Progress should have the +3 S/F per city policy nerfed to 2 of each, then it'll be okay.

I think it is easier to get wonders and great people while playing Tradition, so maybe this should account. Comparisons have to wait until some wonders are built and some great people are spent. (Not saying you might be wrong).

Does it kill your game to the point you ever get to -150GPT?

Not really, probably because I'm way better at dealing with isolation than the AI.
To be honest I haven't been in this situation for ages, mostly because I usually just restart the game if I don't discover an AI within the first 20 turns. But the last time I was alone on an island surrounded by ocean I was 15 techs behind the first AI that discovered me.

Honestly the more I look at the picture posted the more I think denmark actually just kept spamming units because he couldn't afford to upgrade his old ones. Expanding does not hurt you much at all, in fact expanding when you're isolated is usually preferable because the lost flat science from trade-routes will mean less.

Select every outcome one at a time? I.e. you select it, it okay, and then click the notification again?

G

Yep. So if it's the migrant event, you can click the button, select your event outcome (say, the +1 pop and 100 musician points), and then click the button again, and select the free military unit--which you then use to fight the barbs from stealing the migrants' gold. :lol:

I'm not sure how to reproduce the button lag at the end of a turn--I only that that it happens A LOT, and that shift + enter is the cure.

I think it is easier to get wonders and great people while playing Tradition, so maybe this should account. Comparisons have to wait until some wonders are built and some great people are spent. (Not saying you might be wrong).

Well yeah, Tradition goes the fastest through the policy tree (due to best culture) and it's good but Progress is still too strong IMHO. It's too good at everything and the policy with +3Fxcity +3S per connection is definitely too much

Not really, probably because I'm way better at dealing with isolation than the AI.
To be honest I haven't been in this situation for ages, mostly because I usually just restart the game if I don't discover an AI within the first 20 turns. But the last time I was alone on an island surrounded by ocean I was 15 techs behind the first AI that discovered me.

Honestly the more I look at the picture posted the more I think denmark actually just kept spamming units because he couldn't afford to upgrade his old ones. Expanding does not hurt you much at all, in fact expanding when you're isolated is usually preferable because the lost flat science from trade-routes will mean less.

Yeah it's obvious, he probably has dozens of spearmen and warriors in his domain, he took Authority in hopes of conquest but AI wasn't smart enough to stop producing units when his army was obviously too much. -150 gold is -150 science and with 10 cities at classical is teh same as reducing science gain to 0, even Korea wouldn't deal with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom