Not open for further replies.

Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hey all,

New beta version inbound. Changelog:

Bugs
  • Fixed overzealous RNG values for barbarian theft
  • Overhauled AI demand logic and war logic related to demands/real aggression - AI should declare war much less erratically
  • Fixed some bugs related to peace time deals
  • Fixed war/peace loop with vassals or other invalid targets caused by triggered war events
  • Fixed cache issues related to fresh/no-fresh water on tiles
  • Fixed base value RNG issue with pillaging gold
  • Air units that are asleep should remain asleep (needs testing)
  • Fixed nuke immunity issue for units with the promotion value
  • Tactical AI improvements, specifically danger and positioning improvements
Balance
  • Supply
    • Adjusted supply algorithms to reweight supply a bit more towards population (instead of number of cities) - wide players should have a smaller army, and tall players a larger army. Is a slight shift.
  • Happiness
    • Slightly increased exponent factor of needs model (was 375, now 400)
  • Cities
    • Base RCS penalty for city attacks now 50% (was 75%)
  • Religion
    • Founder
      • Bumped Divine Inheritance back to 20% (was 15%)
      • Way of Transcendence yield scaler now 20 (was 25, typo in text said it was 30)
    • Pantheons
      • God of War - now 200% from kills (was 300%), added +10% Unit Production Modifier
      • God of Expanse now 25% border expansion, 20/8 on f/p yields (was 18/6)
      • God of All Creation - added 1 Culture per 2 Pantheons
      • Festivals - now +2 culture (was +1)
      • Craftsmen - now +2 gold on Monument (was +1)
  • Technologies
    • Removed tech-unlocked range/indirect fire for cities
  • Buildings
    • Walls/Babylon Walls - increases city range strike range by 1
    • Castle/Mission - increases city range strike strength by 25%
    • Arsenal/Krepost - increases city range strike range by 1, adds indirect fire, blocks science theft and has +10 heal rate for garrisoned units - supply from pop bumped to 15% (Was 10%)
    • Military Base - increases city range strike strength by 100%, loses science theft block, air strike defense now 15 (Was 10), supply now 25% (was 10%), air production now 25% (was 20%)
  • Wonders
    • Himeji - now just +5 supply (Was +1 supply per city)
    • Pentagon - gains +1 supply per city
  • Civs
    • Aztecs - removed 10% GA Production from Floating Gardens
    • India - Naga-Malla gains move after attack, but loses a movement point (now 3)
  • Units
    • Fixed missing move after shoot for Zeppelin
  • Policies
    • Authority
      • Honor - nerfed to 1 per 10 citizens (was 8), now spawns any unit type (not just melee), and the unit created does not require supply
    • Tradition
      • Opener - now +1 culture (was +2), immediately gain +2 population in capital; +1 culture in Capital for every 2 citizens
  • Promotions
    • Trailblazer line revamped
      • I: Double Movement in Jungles and Forests, +10% strength outside friendly lands.
      • II: Double Movement in Desert and Snow, Ignores Zone of Control, +10% strength outside friendly lands.
      • III: Attempts to withdraw when faced with a melee attack (60% chance), +10% strength outside friendly lands.
    • Charge I/II: nerfed to 15% versus wounded (Was 25%)
    • Parthian Tactics - now +2 movement (was +1)
    • Added March and Sentry for Mounted Ranged units as Accuracy 3/Barrage 3 level promotions, respectively.
    • Medic I/II - gain -10% strength when defending
    • March - now -15% strength when defending

Online as of 10:45pm EST.

Not savegame compatible.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!mYsx2ZiY!xF39ukyKBCIrJgg5mg78E_FrKb7gni-YcnHvXIz6kJo

G

Last edited:
G, the military score is extremely low for all nations (either 0 or 1 well into classical era). Mine is actually still 0 post Terracotta Army, but so is everyone elses. Swedish AI briefly had 1, but now its 0 again. Might not actually affect anything, just though I'd report it.

I can't play right now, but... Does Tradition opener still keep the +3:c5food:, along with the changes? Or is it "just" +2:c5citizen: now?

I can't play right now, but... Does Tradition opener still keep the +3:c5food:, along with the changes? Or is it "just" +2:c5citizen: now?
If he didn't say it would be removed, then it's staying. The +2 culture was nerfed to +1, though (because +1 culture per 2 citizens was added).

Just a few comments haven't finished through Renassance so far.

Scout Promotions: I like it for the most part, so far so good.

Happiness: Happiness is a little lower. I'm going up and down right now but never too extreme, and since its Korea I'm pushing that science limit so more unhappy is to be expected. Overall good adjustment compared to last patch.

March: Tried the new march on some of my Lancers and not too impressed so far. I have always been more of the drill/stalwart over shock/march so I'm probably not the best at using it, but definitely losing more horses than I care to. My thing is that with Stalwart I can push it feeling confident my horse will live. Right now, even not pressing even my march lancers have been taken out by a decently strong attack, so I don't feel I can keep them out on the front lines....which is something stalwart lancers can do well. So take the not great war guys opinion with a big grain of salt, but not loving this so far.

Red Fort. Just noting that red fort can get you a range 3 city pretty fast, which gave the wonder a nice little boost in my opinion.

Pillaging and Barb numbers look reasonable so far, no issues.

Tradition: The new pop bonus is nice, especially since its often comes right as I'm going into the settler phase. So having a 6ish pop city while building settlers is just wonderful.

Just one nitpick btw that I never noticed until now. For game settings, even if I uncheck the "enable event system", it still kicks in if other event checkboxes are checked. I've always unchecked everything before but this time got lazy and it bit me. So....I'm not really even sure what the enable event system check does.

I know the balance discussions get most of the attention, but the bug work for this update is really good. That fresh water cache thing was super annoying, thanks a bunch

Very much agreed, thank you for the efforts and the update!

Seems very good overall! However i have some concerns:
God of All Creation - added 1 Culture per 2 Pantheons
I remember that back in time GoAC was providing +8:c5culture:/8:c5happy: and people were saying it was too strong, so it was changed to 4 of everything except culture. It was a bit too weak for sure, but now it is even stronger than before. I understand that the game changed, but i'm not sure that it was needed, and i'm not sure culture is the right addition. Will see, but maybe it would be better to make it like 6 of everything without culture.
Festivals - now +2 culture (was +1)
It is funny to see that after a year of changes Festivals are almost back to where it was given that i was always saying that it does not need any changes.
Craftsmen - now +2 gold on Monument (was +1)
Craftsmen is still awful. I don't see any reason to pick it, even if i have Marble, Stone, and Jade monopoly, i can think of at least several pantheons that will to better than that.
The reason for that is that:
1) Quarries and Stoneworks are unlocked with a technology that has VERY low priority;
2) Improving Quarry takes very long time;
3) You need a Worker for that.
4) Non-faith yields are way too low to justify taking it as a non-founding patheon
Even in theoretical ideal situation you can get Quarries as your 3rd tech, which means you take it around turn 35 (and for that you have to skip Settlers!). By that time you need to have at least 2 workers to start improving resources fast enough, so around turn 45 you get 2 Quarries and a Stonework and get ... 3:c5faith: per turn. With God of Commerce you get the same from 1 Market without Workers AND you get a better tech. And Commerce is not overpowered. Craftsmen should grant +1:c5faith: on Stone and Marble without Quarry.
Honor - nerfed to 1 per 10 citizens (was 8), now spawns any unit type (not just melee), and the unit created does not require supply
This is awesome. I always had a problem of cities reaching 8:c5citizen: several turns before new unit type is unlocked.

Last edited:
G, the military score is extremely low for all nations (either 0 or 1 well into classical era). Mine is actually still 0 post Terracotta Army, but so is everyone elses. Swedish AI briefly had 1, but now its 0 again. Might not actually affect anything, just though I'd report it.

Yea, I'm seeing different behavior, but still something a bit funny - as Venice, with 2 horsemen and a scout, I was #1 in military for over 100 turns on Emperor. I'm guessing I would always be #1 but I haven't finished the game. That said, the AI isn't talking like I'm #1, so it seems like an issue limited to the Demographics screen.

There seems to be a problem with supply cap stuff? Expending a general to build the fortress does NOT raise supply cap, even a little. Other buildings like walls, barracks, stables, etc, seem to have some effect, but lesser than last patch.

Loved the new tradition opener, I played using Austria and reached 8 pop before pumping settlers. (3 lakes and triangle freshwater farmland).

Craftsmen is still awful. I don't see any reason to pick it, even if i have Marble, Stone, and Jade monopoly, i can think of at least several pantheons that will to better than that.
The reason for that is that:
1) Quarries and Stoneworks are unlocked with a technology that has VERY low priority;
2) Improving Quarry takes very long time;
3) You need a Worker for that.
4) Non-faith yields are way too low to justify taking it as a non-founding patheon
Even in theoretical ideal situation you can get Quarries as your 3rd tech, which means you take it around turn 35 (and for that you have to skip Settlers!). By that time you need to have at least 2 workers to start improving resources fast enough, so around turn 45 you get 2 Quarries and a Stonework and get ... 3:c5faith: per turn. With God of Commerce you get the same from 1 Market without Workers AND you get a better tech. And

Is it possible to modify tile improvement time for specific types of improvement? It might be nice to have Craftsmen let you improve Quarries 100% faster. Not that it would solve its balance issues, but it would be a quality of life improvement.

Is it possible to modify tile improvement time for specific types of improvement? It might be nice to have Craftsmen let you improve Quarries 100% faster. Not that it would solve its balance issues, but it would be a quality of life improvement.
Not sure, probably yes, but i don't feel like it is necessary at the first place

I think Craftsmen is fine. The +1 culture/+2 gold from monuments is pretty good and compensates for any weakness from the +1 production/+1 faith from Quarries/Stone Works. Also, Construction is only low priority for you because you made it low priority. Go for Construction first and then see how it is.

I think it’s just a lua issue. I’ll look.

I agree Craftsmen is bad. It takes far too long to get the faith online. I'm not making Construction high priority when it means seriously delaying Settlers as a result. It needs to have some way to give Faith earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom