1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - Feb. 9th (2-9)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Feb 10, 2020.

1. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

That's fixed in the repo...it just didn't make it to a new hotfix; that is, if there will be a new hotfix...it'll be fixed for the next beta at the latest.

Also, "slightly" OT, but I "fixed" my earlier code to be more compact, if you wanna have a laugh...
    Spoiler take THAT Python-nerds!!! :
    Code:
    // This program recursively walks through a folder and checks all the last modified times of the files contained therein
    // and then prints the most recent one (and optionally all files found) and then gives the user the option of deleting the
    // folder with all files (compact version with less lines of code...Python-style)

import java.util.*;
    import java.util.stream.Stream;
    import java.nio.file.*;
    import java.nio.file.attribute.FileTime;
    import java.io.*;

class EUIRemoverCompact {
        public static void main(String... args) {
            if (args.length == 1 && args[0].compareToIgnoreCase("help") == 0) System.out.println("\nSyntax: EUIRemoverCompact targetFolderPath [optional]debugflag (\"1\")\n\nThis program recursively walks through a folder and checks all the last modified times of the files contained therein and then prints the most recent one (and optionally all files found) and then gives the user the option of deleting the folder with all files. The optional debugflag will cause all files found to be printed along with their last modified times; by default the folder C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam is used, but a different folder can be specified. If \"default\" is entered as the targetFolderPath then the mentioned default folder is used.");
            else new EUIRemoverCompact().processFiles((args.length == 0 || args[0].compareTo("default") == 0) ? "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam" : args[0],   (args.length > 1) ? args[1].compareTo("1") == 0 : false);}
        void processFiles(String workingDir, boolean debug) {
            ArrayDeque<FileTime> mostRecentTimes = new ArrayDeque<>();
            try (Stream<Path> pathStream = Files.walk(Paths.get(workingDir))) { // by default Files.walk() does not follow symbolic links
                pathStream.filter(e -> Files.isRegularFile(e, LinkOption.NOFOLLOW_LINKS))   .forEach(e -> processFile(e, debug, mostRecentTimes));}
            catch (SecurityException | IOException e) { System.err.println("While trying to walk the filesystem from " + workingDir + " we encountered the following exception, which requires aborting this action:\n" + e.toString());}
            if (!mostRecentTimes.isEmpty()) {
                System.out.println("\n\nProcessed " + mostRecentTimes.size() + " files, of which the most recently modified was modified on: " + mostRecentTimes.pop().toString() + "\n\nDo you wish to (recursively) delete all files and folders inside of and including the targetFolderPath (" + workingDir + ")? (y/n)");
                if (new Scanner(System.in).nextLine().compareToIgnoreCase("y") == 0) {
                    try (Stream<Path> pathStream = Files.walk(Paths.get(workingDir))){
                        pathStream.map(Path::toFile)   .sorted(Comparator.reverseOrder())   .forEach(File::delete);}
                    catch (SecurityException | IOException e) { System.err.println("While trying to walk the filesystem from " + workingDir + " we encountered the following exception, which requires aborting this action:\n" + e.toString() + "\n\nYou need to manually delete the remaining files.");}}}
            else System.out.println("We have found no files to check...exiting.");}
        void processFile(Path p, boolean print, ArrayDeque<FileTime> mostRecentTimes) {
            try { FileTime modTime = Files.getLastModifiedTime(p);
                if (print) System.out.println(modTime.toString().substring(0, 16) + "     " + p.toString());
                if (mostRecentTimes.peek() != null && mostRecentTimes.peek().compareTo(modTime) < 0) mostRecentTimes.push(modTime);
                else mostRecentTimes.offer(modTime);}
            catch (SecurityException | IOException e) { System.err.println("While accessing the file " + p.toString() + " we caught the following exception:\n" + e.toString());}}}

Maxxim69 and JamesNinelives like this.
  2. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

That was just a typo on my part, grabbed the wrong elephant when doing a find and replace. Nitpicking my merge and replace mishap isn't helpful, tbh I did that version push on Sunday in spite of being dead-dog tired after a very long weekend of work.

G

JamesNinelives likes this.
  3. Bryan317

Bryan317 Warlord

I've decided to join Team Archer Range 1. It's realistic. And forces you to use Drill promotions. I've never seen the point of Drill in the early game. I usually only use the melee attack to finish off the city that has 0 hp because I've softened it up with ranged attacks. It would be a nice change to force melee City Conquest in ancient times.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    Bromar1 and Kim Dong Un like this.
  4. Tantro

Tantro Chieftain

Yeah, I don't mind the 1 range archers either. I use them for barb hunting or as city defense until upgraded to c-bows later.

I wouldn't mind move-after-attack that disappears on next tier to make them a bit more interesting in the field.

5. Snipergw

Snipergw Chieftain

City-states getting embassies by using the gold for improvements is a thing -- I ran into it playing as pineappledan's Phoenicia and thought it was a civ-specific bug I was going to report to him later, but it appears to be a thing for everyone.

1 range archers is feeling pretty good, I for one am happy with the change.

6. Gazebo

I'm aware, hotfix is being tested now.

G

7. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

We've been through these proposals for weakened CS on UUs before. The end result is always that they are better as upgrades than as an actual UU. ie. Berserkers are now stronger Tercios than they are Berserkers. I think many people, including you, didn't want to go that route, and wanted the full power of a UU to rest on the actual unit in its own era.

Even so, it's weird that the siam anti-mounted promotion missed 2 hotfixes then
    Also, If a hot fix is coming and we're already on the topic of Siam's elephant, the elephant doesn't carry anything forward as a UU. Both it's unique promotions are dropped on upgrade. I have been adding PROMOTION_GENERAL_STACKING for years now. Just a small bonus that gives them at least a little boost in later eras.

Maxxim69, Kim Dong Un and civplayer33 like this.
  8. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

I definitely made some changes that should prevent the kind of behavior you would see last time, and looking at the repository code the hotfix did not revert that.

It's difficult to diagnose the cause of general issues like "the AI is too aggressive/passive" from forum posts, because it's unclear which factor(s) are in play in individual games. Sometimes improbable things happen.

It's helpful when giving such feedback to mouse over the diplomacy portraits and include a screenshot of the opinion table - this gives some idea of why the AI is angry at you.

I'm rewriting the approach function (and a couple others) to include more detailed logging/debug information which should hopefully provide some insight on future problems.

9. vyyt

vyyt Deity

@Cokolwiek , I have a pretty bad flu, but if you want I will send you a code to remove the effect of Kilimanjaro and Fountain of Youth completely, when I get to my computer. I dislike these effects.

10. mioaki

mioaki Chieftain

Did the God of War pantheon belief got removed? I didn't see it anywhere when founding my pantheon.

11. Randomized

Randomized Chieftain

No, it didn't. Just picked it a couple hours ago.

12. crdvis16

crdvis16 Emperor

Did someone else already pick it?

13. mioaki

mioaki Chieftain

Yup. Just went through my saves. Somehow in my last 3 games, god of war is always picked by one of the AI before. Sorry.

14. Gazebo

15. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

One thing I want to try is a "7 warrior rush". Aka instead of building 4 archers you build 6 warriors + the one you start with and then rush. I think it will fall on its face but I'm going to give it a shot.

16. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Prince

Playing Spain on Standard size Epic speed Immortal Difficulty, late Renaissance abandoned the game, pretty much game over, i'm ahead in tech, 2 policies in imperialism before anyone finishing the 2nd tree ... an army of 65 units eliminated 2 players and winning the war with the rest of the world.
    A couple of things i'd like to point.
    • Spain with food is pretty much the strongest civ to start the game, having 3 population on settle in every single city is game changing ... researching pottery first and popping a settler at turn 20-25 is really a huge advantage.
    • There seem to be a major pathing issue with roads, naval units have a similar issue with avoiding ZOC
      Spoiler :
    • For the first time in forever i actually had a DOF with someone and a defensive pact until i actually broke it, the AI seem to be less on RED EYE ELIMINATE HUMANS at least for this game.
    EDIT : The pathing issue seems to be units both civilians, military and GG ignoring the presence of the roads and preferring the more direct route even if it takes more turns, i had to manually move every unit tile by tile, sometimes this is not even feasible if you have to transfer a unit from a non-road tile to a road tile occupied with a unit with no moves left.
    more pictures for the pathing issue.
    Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Maxxim69, Zuizgond, Bromar1 and 2 others like this.
  17. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

18. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

That's good, although you're more than a full thousand points in score ahead of the next leading AI, I think you'd have experienced less resistance otherwise :)

Forgot to answer this question: go to (1) Community Patch > Core Files > Core Changes > DiploAIOptions.sql, and set the "DISABLE VICTORY COMPETITION" setting to 1.

19. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

Please post to GitHub.

20. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Prince

I actually felt the change that game and wanted to see what degree of aggression will force the AI to react, they were not that aggressive at me until i declared war on my vassal, Ghandi and eliminated him ..... this is where America ended our DOF and became hostile, the Inca and Carthage declared war on me.
    Songhai was hostile to me pretty much the entire game, only one war between us tho and it was a pretty much defensive war on my side and i have not occupied any of his cities.

I'm not familiar with using github at all, anyway where can i report this on github ? a link would be appreciated!
    Edit : never mind, it's in G's signature.

vyyt, JamesNinelives and civplayer33 like this.