New Civ - The Confederate States of America

what about a Rifle UU that started with GuerillaI ?
A barracks would give GuerillaII and if the traits for Davis were Protective/Imperialistic that would give GuerillaII/ DrillI.
(movement/defensive bonus/first strike.) overpowered?

If i could mod i would make a lean, mean version-(albeit weaker?)
Jeff Davis Protect/Imperialistic
UU (rifle)-starts with GuerillaI
cotten as a resource.

Or if you could play unrestricted leaders with a mod. But yours is a good solution.

i asked in another thread if you could mod a mod and the answer was no.

for the Confederacy...
unique leader: Jefferson Davis. uses a re skinned model for Lincoln, with white hair, a more squared beard that is only on the chin, and no mole.
UU: Ranger. slightly faster Cavalry unit. with a plus 2 movement, and starts with Pinch. also has a plus 25% strength against gunpowder units (i.e. riflemen, etc).
UB: Draft Office. Replaces Barracks. 2 free upgrades for each unit. each unit has a lower maintenance cost. +2 happy with Nationhood.
OR
UB: Slave Market. Replaces Courthouse. +2 espionage. -50% maintenance. -50% anger duration from sacrificing population. -50% population reduction when sacrificing population (i.e. when it normally costs 4, it now costs 2).
Favorite Civic: Slavery.

New Unit: idk what to call it, but it should be a unit between the rifleman and the infantry.
the Gattlin Gun would be a nice addition too. some research would be required
and maybe a hot air balloon unit too... as those were used to some extent...
oh... and much farther, a Stealth Gunship

Slavery would not be a correct Favorite Civic for the Confederacy, despite the Confederate States being slaveholding states. In the game, Slavery is the ability of the government to sacrifice its citizens to quickly finish a project; slavery in the historical Confederacy was a private institution. Slaveholders, having invested quite a bit of money in their "property" would have strongly resisted attempts by the government to seize their "property" for its own use. Free Trade is a more compatible Civic, as the Southern States, being agricultural, desired tariffs to be as low as possible, since it allowed them to export more cash crops in return for cheap, foreign-made goods.

For a Unique Unit, a replacement for the Rifleman, with increased movement and defense would probably fit best; I like the name "Foot Cavalry", since that is what Jackson's troops in the Valley Campaign were called (he seemed to be everywhere).

Also, for a Unique Building, one might consider The Cotton Factor: http://www.jstor.org/pss/3740756

Top Bottom