new civilization: Polynesians

The file is: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/Polynesians.zip

ATTENTION: the UU images r of the new version, not uploaded yet, cos the NIF file is too big untill now.

Civilization: Polynesians
Noun: Polynesians
Adjective: Polynesian
Colors: Blue
Starts with: Fishing and Mysticism
UU: Nuku Hiva Canoe (galley, 2+ moviment)

Title and leader : King Tangaloa
Leader bonuses: Expansive and Industrious
Leader favourite civic: Tribalism

Cities:
Suva
Lautoka
Savusavu
Salelonga
Tafua
TO BE CONTINUED...

I still say that if he is Polynesian, then he probably wouldn't be on Easter Island. :p

i second that

plus you could give him anything else than +1 mov, how many time did you gave that bonus to some UU? with vikings, that's the second time you give that to some galley!! it's not unique at all!!

if you want to go with a naval UU, give a promotion like the one giving some escape %...

Then make Rapa Nui again :p

Great job on the Polynesians CivArmy. ^^ I am having a blast playing them on tiny island archipelagos. Just one question though. The flag for the units is all white? What do I do to fix that? Thanks again. :)

Thormodr said:
Great job on the Polynesians CivArmy. ^^ I am having a blast playing them on tiny island archipelagos. Just one question though. The flag for the units is all white? What do I do to fix that? Thanks again. :)

this flag problem has happened in many Civis and I don't know how to solve it untill now :( The correct flag is that one of the previews (1st post) :D

Oh ok. Well it still kicks butt. Hopefully it will get solved soon. :) Thanks again.

LAnkou said:
you forgot two things:

put the alpha channel to black
put whiteflag on 1

where should I did these? :confused:
and the flags work in some civis and in other none, do u know why it has happened?

hmm . . . a galley with +1 movement is ok, but the idea doesn't seem to do justice to the ancient seagoing pan-pacific polynesian peoples. Here is an idea you may like better, or you may hate completely:

Outrigger Canoe
require tech - fishing
Strength 2
Movement 1
May carry 1 settler, worker, missionary
May not enter oceans
May explore rival territories

In the end it winds up being a very primitive version of the caravel which you get right at the start. It's weak and it can't cross oceans, but it is the perfect thing for a race that spread across the vast tracts of oceania in the worlds prehistory. Eventually barbarian galleys would pretty much "obsolete" it, but early on it gives a decent advantage, an early ocean rush, and even on a pangea map building one would allow you to 100% circle the continent by sea.

Why not? I think such a change is pretty unique, don't you think?

Why not give them a better workboat as UU instead? Something like +1 food from fish,crabs,etc.

This would reflect the tiny islands they live on.

Thats a really good idea!

the problem for it is that it is much more complicated than a new UU, you have to do some python...
(besides that, i think it's overpowered too)

Top Bottom