New Content Coming to Civilization VI Digital Deluxe Edition

DLC bundle for less than or equal the season pass price that pisses off half the fanbase when?

Speaking of variety, it would be cool if they mixed things up and gave us a child ruler for once. Not sure who would be best suited to that though.

That's an interesting idea. I never even thought of that. King Tut is the only one that comes to mind for the region (not my area of expertise), although he's pretty unremarkable beyond his body touring the world millenia after his death. It would be a slap in the face to Hatshepsut fans as well.

Speaking of variety, it would be cool if they mixed things up and gave us a child ruler for once. Not sure who would be best suited to that though.
Most of the leaders in-game act like children. Does that count? :p The problem is child-kings rarely amount to much. In fact, if they're remembered as children, they probably died as children like Edward VI or Tutankhamun (who holds the dubious legacy of presiding over the destruction of everything his father single-handedly created :p ). The only one I can really think of who both came to the throne as a child and was considered one of the best rulers of their civilization is Josiah of Judah.

Khmer, Vietnam, and Mali are my picks

I don't own the DDE but I am happy they have done this. I heard a lot of stories about ppl actually paying more not less with the DDE.
Hope this is true and I am looking forward to new content. :)

So they saw the complaints about DDE in certain other countries and this is how they handled it. Very nice.
Hooray for whining and capitalism.

Pretty awesome that they are doing that, but I'm sure plenty will find a way to turn this into sour grapes.
Yay new scenarios and new civs... What about fixing the AI?
Well there you go.

Disliking the civ selection is hardly a far off outcome either.

I'll take that deleted tweet as evidence that it's just two civilizations, which brings up the question of whether the alternate leader is for one of the new civs or an already extant civ. The latter seems more likely to me, but civ selection doesn't always have to make sense, so deciding who gets an alternate leader doesn't have to either. I'm sure whatever the case is for that alternate leader though, it'll tie into the scenario they include and thus one of the new civilizations.

I'd like to see Khmer and Mali back, but that's just what I'd like and is hardly a prediction, yet alone a good one. As long as the civ is interesting, I don't really care if it's neither of those, they're just ones that I think would be and I wouldn't be surprised if Firaxis defies my exceptions and gives me something I didn't know I wanted until I saw what they'd come up with for it.

Or it was deleted because it was wrong
That could also be true and would be nice. I don't really understand how companies run their twitters, so I can't say such a communication error would be unlikely.

Ok, let's have some guesses.

We have 2 DLC with 3 Leaders (2 or 3 civs). Which means 1 of the DLC has 2 civs, or 1 civ and 1 leader for existing civ, or 1 civ with 2 leaders. First 2 options normally mean some confrontation scenarion. Second option means civ with history rich nd popular enough.
I may be subjective, but neither fits Africa. We don't have that known huge inter-african wars. And african civs are mostly known with one iconic leader. I don't think Firaxis will play with terms, so I expect something really African. We also know Firaxis try to respect TSL. So, my bet are either Zulu or Mali, with Zulu being favorite due to their location and history in Civ games.

For Southeast Asia civs / leaders , since we don't have present civs in the region, we'll either have civ with 2 leaders (which seems unlikely) or have 2 civs and scenario about their conflict. I don't think we have as popular wars there as Alexander conquest, but something like Siam under Si Inthrathit and Khmers under Indravarman is totally possible.

The most likely choices for Africa are Carthage, Morocco, Mali, Songhai, Ethiopia, or Zulu (for those in previous versions); new civs could include Ashanti or Swahili.

For SEA, the choices could be Siam, Khmer, or Indonesia (for those in previous versions); new civs could include Burma, Vietnam, Malaysia, or Philippines.

I don't have the Deluxe but I'm stoked for all of you who do :)

Plot twist: Boer South Africa leader and Spanish colonial Philippines leader. :p

Rotfl :lol:

That would surprise me since culturally and ethnically Carthage was Near Eastern--they even called themselves Canaanites (Kanaʿnīm)--but it would be most welcome to me.

Coming from Tyre in all...But then how long do you have to live in a continent to take it's name? They were there for quite a while ;)

As far as specifying South-east over east, that is not a meaningless distinction since it absolutely eliminates both Russia and Japan.

China fits into too many other parts of Asia to be properly part of SE Asia; even though many Chinese live there. And if all East Asia refers to in the end is Japan, well...it's a pretty useless definition!

China fits into too many other parts of Asia to be properly part of SE Asia; even though many Chinese live there. And if all East Asia refers to in the end is Japan, well...it's a pretty useless definition!

Can we stop taking things out of context in order to argue just for the sake of arguing? What did I leave unclear in that post? Did you read what I wrote before that sentence?

Last edited:
with Zulu being favorite due to their location and history in Civ games

Which I why I don't think well see it until the last expansion pack

Can we stop taking things out of context in order to argue just for the sake of arguing? What did I leave unclear in that post? Did you read what I wrote before that sentence?

Yep, I did read your whole post :) I'm fine with what I've said. Meh lol

Which I why I don't think well see it until the last expansion pack
It happened in Civ5. I don't think they'll repeat the pattern.

Like a certain female Polish king?

By the way, you (and everyone else) should read her Civilopedia entry... Her story is just awesome.

Top Bottom