New Cumulative General History Quiz III

Status
Not open for further replies.
SoCalian is in fact going to the right direction... while not going to it ;)

The Russians tried to be at their advantage, but it was not always taking care of the uniform, on the opposite

Here is an hint ISBN 0-85045-737-8 p22

I asked my private librarian to bring me that book several hours ago, but he seems to have lost his way in my extensive personal library. Could you post another hint while my butler is looking for him? :mischief:

they wore stupid hats

oh the war drums maybe

that odd thing on thier shoulders possibly for gun powder

or maybe thier blankets

They had that silly looking projection from the top of their hats so you could tell their ranks from a distance?

The Russian Infantry of the Napoleonic era after about 1805/06 had concave tops on their shakos. Additionally most but not all units had their unit insignia positioned under the cockade on the shako.

Hornblower said:
The Russian Infantry of the Napoleonic era after about 1805/06 had concave tops on their shakos. Additionally most but not all units had their unit insignia positioned under the cockade on the shako.
It's not in the shako itself, it's in the way they wear it

And here I was thinking the Prussians were just into shower caps!

During the European Commercial Revolution (16/17th century), several large trading companies managed to control the emerging global trade with Asia and America. Which of those companies (often categorized as "chartered" or "joint-stock" trading companies) was the oldest?

The British East India Company was given a charter in 1600 and if jameson is correct the VOC in 1602. But I don't think that the BEIC actually established a trade route until 1608.
Unless there is another.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom