New East Asian Faction (Korea/Japan)

So I've been hemming and hawing on creating a new faction to represent either a unified Korea, or an alliance between Korea and Japan.

I realize that trying to contextualize this would be a lot, but I'm keen on getting it done, to add representation, where the ingame Pedia implies that the PAC was not as nationally diverse as many thought.

Any thoughts and opinions are welcomed and appreciated!

I've always though Japan and/or Korea need ARC-like megacorporation treatment, given how monolithic Japanese zaibatsu are such a staple in cyberpunk science fiction.

Making stuff up off the top of my head, something like, say, Matsumura Interstellar, whose expedition is led by the CEO, Kizoku Matsumura himself. Hiroyuki Sanada comes to mind, but that might just be me having watched Extant recently and seeing him playing a corporate leader (Mr. Yasumoto of Yasumoto Corporation). :p

Could be some sort of super Samsung as well, or a merger between two leading Japanese and Korean corporations. Might have to be fictional as to avoid raging lawyers and such.

I was thinking that as well, but my original idea was some kind of impromptu alliance out of convenience in response to the PAC, especially since the pedia entry, again, implies it really consists of China and Central Asia.

An emperor doesnt make sense though, if we imagine that Korea and Japan remained independent nations. There's no way any of the two would accept submission to the other, even a mutual alliance would be difficult.
For the same reason that a faction consisting of an alliance between USA and Vietnam would be unlikely. It's all about history.

The only thing that would make sense as a Korea-Japan unified faction would be, as suggested, a sort of merger between two supercorporations out of pure monetary interests.

Didn't see this topic, but I had the same idea... posted one here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13618662&postcount=56

My idea builds more on the giant corporations like Sony and Samsung and how the Great Mistake forced the two countries to somehow come together (which is much harder said than done) and the fact that Japan is most likely to get wrecked with any kind of "great mistake." I agree that an "emperor" is far outdated for either of those countries.

Top Bottom