New! Elite Quattromasters Challenge

:woohoo:

...and away we go. Just submitted my first BtS game. Picked off several categories: Maya, Rainforest, Religious victory. Decided to give it a go at Immortal, so it will be good contributor to elite status. I really don't get the whole espionage bit, so I just ignored it :rolleyes: .

Only 4,291,139 more games to go for all-expansions elite :lol: .

Mistfit has been kind enough to build us some new and updated graphics for the Elite Quattromasters. Take a look. :goodjob:

:cool:

Lactose-Intolerance (No-cheese) Master?

Although I expect Tiny will be the new duel and Rome, Persia or Egypt the new Inca.

Not necessarily, except for conq/dom. The thing about the Incas was you got the cities quickly and they were financial, so they also worked well for the research-based victory conditions - for example WT's 770AD Deity diplo - one of the best submissions in the HOF - is Inca. But if you try a non-fin Ancient UU rush without Inca, you will get the cities, but later, b/c you have to hook up your resource now, and you won't have the fin bonus for the rest of the game. Of course that might just delay your finish, but on Deity you'll get launched on quickly. So it makes it much more appealing to use somebody like Liz/Saladin. You can OCC diplo with them in the 1300's. I haven't checked, but I'd venture there are very few non-Inca early rush deity diplo games with a pre-1300 finish. And it might actually be less beneficial to early rush at lower levels, since you're not fighting for space as much.

Very interesting and great job planning the challenge guys!

Side note: I only had 2 games disallowed, both from the dual Settler minor. Bet that's a record. Course I might also become the first Elite QM who's not a QM, since I don't have Inca for LoN yet. We'll see.

In combination with Ancient starts, HC is just too powerful. The strategy is well documented.

Sticking to just Ancient starts for the existing events made the most sense to maximize quality. That did kind of left the other Eras out of the equation, so adding the RoA seemed to balance things out. :)

Requiring some games that are unique from the other events seems like a good thing. If you want to be Elite you have to work a little harder. :mischief:

If we're looking for quality, maybe we can also count the RoA games also for LoN (only)? That way we can get good scores for the leaders with non-research traits and later UU's.

Like Toku for example. On Ancient, he can't beat Hatty/Cyrus for conq/dom. He can't beat Liz/Saladin/Mansa for diplo/culture/space. He can't beat a philo leader for Time. So why use him except to check him off the list with a sub-optimal result? But if you could count him for a Rennaisance start...

Just a thought.

Afterthought: Ancient Deity Time is gonna be really really hard.

Are Qscores for the Elite QM, going to count existing games in the table that use Huayna? If they do it will be really hard to get decent Qscores but I suppose everyone's in the same boat so it won't matter too much

I think there is room for decent Qscores even with him included by using higher difficulties and larger maps to lessen the impact of the Quechas. And on the peaceful conditions - I also don't think there's too many games where people used him to get a early city base and then teched from there.

OH TEH NOES SQUARED!

Just realised that means I'll have to redo a marathon game and can't fudge it by starting in the future era :(

Play a OCC with a fin leader on emperor or higher against peaceful opponets, get a PA and win space.
1) You only have one city to manage.
2)Your tech rate doesn't matter, as long as you get to Communism before someone launches.
3) Your unit builds consist of a worker (or 2) and enough warriors to keep your pop happy under HR until you build Globe. That's it.
4) You don't need to get Mil Trad because once the AI's get it you will easily have 40 turns before anyone launches.
5) As long as the top 2-3 AI's are close and you get a PA with one of them before the winner is predetermined you will win since you can guide your partner on the most efficient research path and you are essentially adding the best city on the map to their empire.
6) Once you get to Communism you can just build research (and a lab), so other than telling them what to research you can just press shift-enter from your PA onwards.
7) Did I mention you only have one city to manage?

It takes about 2 hours of real time. Yes, on marathon. Although that was Deity so it might take a bit longer on a lower difficulty since they won't research as fast.

If we're looking for quality, maybe we can also count the RoA games also for LoN (only)? That way we can get good scores for the leaders with non-research traits and later UU's.

Good point. RoA is perfect for trying out different leaders with late UUs. It makes no sense that these games don't count for LoN. I'm still lobbying for them to count for map quest too.

I haven't checked, but I'd venture there are very few non-Inca early rush deity diplo games with a pre-1300 finish.
For the record, the #1 Deity diplomatic, culture, or space game wasn't done with Inca.;) And yes, the #1 Deity diplomatic on a huge map with a pre-1300 AD finish wasn't done with the Inca either.

I like RoA games like it is. The more we open it up, the more chance we open up some cheeze. If LoN games count for RoA's, then I'm sure it will be discovered that to get a good score with a certain country, you need to do a Future Start. So all (good) games of that country will eventually all be Future starts. Keep non-Ancient starts to RoA's games only. If I had to make any change it would be make the whole thing harder by removing Tiny games also.

Of course this is from a Prince/Monarch level player who will be a long time getting regular QM much less Elite.

I want to thank the moderators for all the work they have put into this!

hm...apparently most of my LoN was done on duel maps:lol: ...I wonder why it took me so long to get to QM in the first place if that's the case :confused:

Ah well, the only thing keeping me from going ahead toward a EQM status(probably aiming for Monarch) is that I have to do a Time victory again!! Ugh...I had a feeling I shouldn't use a future start for my time victory.

hm...apparently most of my LoN was done on duel maps:lol: ...I wonder why it took me so long to get to QM in the first place if that's the case :confused:

Ah well, the only thing keeping me from going ahead toward a EQM status(probably aiming for Monarch) is that I have to do a Time victory again!! Ugh...I had a feeling I shouldn't use a future start for my time victory.

:rolleyes:
I have a time victory with an ancient start...
too bad it's settler level :cry: .

I like RoA games like it is. The more we open it up, the more chance we open up some cheeze. If LoN games count for RoA's, then I'm sure it will be discovered that to get a good score with a certain country, you need to do a Future Start. So all (good) games of that country will eventually all be Future starts. Keep non-Ancient starts to RoA's games only. If I had to make any change it would be make the whole thing harder by removing Tiny games also.

Ancient starts have their own version of cheese too - Hatty/Cyrus for conq/dom. And as we're allowed to use their UU's to fulfill their leader requirement, I don't see why we shouldn't be able to replicate this for the leader requirement of leaders with non-Ancient UU's on the other starting eras if we want to. I don't see anything wrong with the fact that, say, all good Toku dom/conq games might be Ren starts. In fact since we need a Ren start now, that may well happen anyway in reverse - all good Ren start conq/dom games might be Toku.

Note I'm focusing on the leader requirement only; I agree if you open it to victory conditions etc. everybody can do a Future Space Race for their Deity requirement and that's not what we want.

Rock of Ages feels wrong. I need to play 12 games which cannot count for anything else no matter which leader, map, game speed, or victory condition.

Was there anything wrong with allowing other starting eras except for Future? maybe Modern had some abuse, but I'm not sure about that.

Uuh future Space race, modern+ conquest at least come into mind. Industrial you have all civics so that is abusable for easier wins.

Others most likely are bad as growth is hampered more. Good to have those in!

-Dracandross

To the HoF staff: at February I won't have internet at home:( Will it be legal if I copy the files needed for submission to a pen drive and send these files from my workplace?

These files will be copied (after playing), but not reloaded.

Flóri

From the EQM "Rock of Ages" tab...

Completing this award requires submitting a valid HOF entry for every Era at Settler or above.
Duel maps and the Inca civilization are excluded.

I guess that's a no then...

To the HoF staff: at February I won't have internet at home:( Will it be legal if I copy the files needed for submission to a pen drive and send these files from my workplace?

Flóri

I sure hope they say yes, cause that's exactly what I do since I don't have Internet at home. My games have been accepted though so you should be ok too.

Flóri
That is okay.

Top Bottom