New Expansion Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in the Czech Republic, a country of people with a similar fate, and very few people who play computer games know German or Russian better than English.
As a fellow Czech, I can confirm this. And it makes sense, with Austro-Hungarian Empire gone for a century and Soviet block collapsing nearly thirty years ago.

I'm conflicted. I can not see any reason why a translator for a language Civ6 doesn't even offer would know the names of all the leaders (save for Árpád, if helping with his lines), but the leaders are just peculiar enough to seem like something Firaxis would do. As always, I guess only time will tell.

As a Pole, I can add we were taught Russian in school back before 89, but we had a unique ability not to know it :) This is one of the greatest mysteries of the education system :lol:
Well. not unique. We Russians didn't know German not English regardless of learning them for years.
Didn't know you too. :)

Must be fake, why on earth would the guy risk his job and break the NDA he most certainly signed? Besides, I find it hard to believe those are the leaders and the civs. Female ottoman leader? No Italy or Italian city state? Sound very fake.

Must be fake, why on earth would the guy risk his job and break the NDA he most certainly signed? Besides, I find it hard to believe those are the leaders and the civs. Female ottoman leader? No Italy or Italian city state? Sound very fake.
Well they did pick Catherine de Médicis, an Italian consort over Louis XIV, Napoléon or the Cardinal de Richelieu to lead France. So I guess the sex of the leader is more important than it's legacy.

Well. not unique. We Russians didn't know German not English regardless of learning them for years.
Didn't know you too. :)
I will tell you a secret.
Wagarowaliśmy na rosyjskim.
you can google translate it if you want ;)

Moderator Action: Reminder, this is an English language site, and any foreign langauge post must be accompanied by a translation. And inviting readers to use Google translate is not an acceptable alternative. -- Browd

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone on reddit claiming to be a Hungarian translator is saying that the Vesuvius Leaders are as follows: Mansa Musa, Arpad, Simon Bolivar, Atahualpa, Tāwhiao, Roxelana, Arawrahta, Midgegooroo, Eleanor.

If true then the new Civilizations would breakdown like this:

Mali - Mansa Musa
Hungary - Arpad
Colombia - Simon Bolivar
Inca - Atahualpa
Maori - Tāwhiao
Ottomans -Roxelana
Burma - Anawrahta
Noongar - Midgegooroo
England or France - Eleanor
If true, that's a horrible civ list. :cry: But I'm extremely skeptical of this list. Not only are some of the civ choices rather implausible, but as Metecury said breaking an NDA is serious business.

As Christian civilization, Georgia belongs more to Europe, even if it's location is east from some imaginary line.
The Copts, Ethiopians, Assyrians, Maronites, Melkites, Arab Christians, Church of the East, and other Middle Eastern, African, and Asian Christians would be very surprised to learn they're European. You know Christianity originated in the Middle East, right? That Jesus was not actually a blond-haired German hippie like the paintings? :p

After a while of thinking this list actually does look very much possible. Reason is that these Civs would fill a lot of empty spots in the map. They clearly dont want to have too many Civs from the same region. This is why we wouldnt have Civs like Portugal, Babylonia, Assyria, Hittites, Ethiopia. We would already have Spain, Sumeria, Ottomans and Nubia.

There are also same type of number of new Civs and leaders we had in Rise and Fall. Weird female leader is also featured. The list sounds something they could do.

Only weird thing is that we would not have Civ from western part of North-America. But there is good reason for that. They dont want to deal with the BS they might face when doing Native North-American tribe for Civ. They already had problem in Civ V with Pueblo and with Cree in Civ VI so they just want to stay out of trouble.

Well they did pick Catherine de Médicis, an Italian consort over Louis XIV, Napoléon or the Cardinal de Richelieu to lead France. So I guess the sex of the leader is more important than it's legacy.
Which is absurd, there are plenty of women in history worthy of being considered without having to shoehorn them where there aren't. I can understand Catherine as she was queen mother and really impacted politics and the nation but a concubine? Really?

Which is absurd, there are plenty of women in history worthy of being considered without having to shoehorn them where there aren't. I can understand Catherine as she was queen mother and really impacted politics and the nation but a concubine? Really?
Suleiman married Roxolana and she would be queen mother indeed if she won't die before her husband...
She wasn't a ruler, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom