New Expansion Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you need to bring up terrible precedents from 15 years ago or more that were made under completely different philosophies that should not be directly comparable to what we have now, you have already lost.
I always liked Joan of Arc as a leader. At least she actually lead something unlike Eleanor.

• “Is this region of the world represented?”
  • “Is this time in history represented?”

I don't want to get into the midst of your argument, but I do want to chime in briefly on this statement of intent. What they claimed and what they've delivered don't exactly align. There are as many Civs from the British Isles as there are from entire South American continent and there are more 20th century leaders than there are ancient ones. If the aim was to represent every region of the world and every period in time then I'd say they have lots of room for improvement.

It does look legit. Seems like we're getting Eleanor after all. I still don't know how that France/England thing would work.

But how legit is the list? Besides the ones that have been "confirmed" so far? Because I still want to believe that we will have an Italian civ...
Or a Byzantine, Mayan, Ethiopian or Iroquois one...

Because if we don't....

I don't want to get into the midst of your argument, but I do want to chime in briefly on this statement of intent. What they claimed and what they've delivered don't exactly align. There are as many Civs from the British Isles as there are from entire South American continent and there are more 20th century leaders than there are ancient ones. If the aim was to represent every region of the world and every period in time then I'd say they have lots of room for improvement.

Good point. I recall someone made a leader timeline image a few months back, and Gilgabro was on his own by a remarkably long period compared to everyone else.

About Swedish rulers..

Gustaf Adolph:
- Didnt listen to advice of Oxenstierna, wisest statesman in Europe that time
- Too fat to wear body armor in combat
- Could have ended the Thirty years war by marching into imperial heartlands, instead chose foolishly to engage in combat during a thick mist
- Crazy lust for war and death

Carl XII
- Attacked Russia without proper planning for logistics
- Lost his own personal battle of Stalingrad (in Pultava) that ended Swedish Empire's reign in power
- Escapedd to Turkey instead of honorable seppuku
- Idolised by neo nazis
- Was an absolutist, like Hitler

Queen Kristina
- Got crowned at age 5 - what did you achieve by age 5 ? lol
- Ended Thirty years war even though her councils and marshals wanted to keep going(to make profit)
- Invited top scientists and philosophers like Rene Descartes to Sweden
- killed Rene Descartes
- Chancellor Oxenstierna described her as "not at all like a female person, but brave and clearminded"
- Created three academies, had her own personal chemistry lab
- Expert rider
- Books, films and plays about her
- Killed Peter the Great in combat, avenging his father

Or, you know, Victoria.
Mmmmmm yeah... but no at the same time. From my point of view the United Kingdom were more united during her reign than the Kingdoms of Castilla, Aragón, Napoles and the Holy Roman Germanic Empire during his...

No matter how much gets leaked. The one thing that always gets me excited for the first looks is by and far the music.That is a bit harder to leak. I will always look forward to hearing what awesome tunes get played as different countries reach the atomic era and begin nuking the crap out of every body is.

Sweden, Hungary, and the Maori are all civs that I would potentially play. I like Scandinavia and I felt like it was a little lonely being just Norway, so Sweden is a welcome addition. Hungary fills in a spot in Europe that has almost always been left open and I am glad for that. The Maori are the most viable Polynesian Civ on the True Start Location map (Especially YNAEMP which I used religiously) and they also contest Australia a bit. Inca are good as another Native American Civ (thats a given). Ottomans fill that much needed gap, Dido reminds me of the leader of Carthage, but isn't Phonecia where Israel is on the map? I don't hate Canada.

I really wanted Vietnam and I hope we get a third expansion or at least more DLC, but at least not getting Burma does raise the chances for Vietnam in the future (If we get any more DLC)

You could have stopped there. Kids, never attack Russia unless you're Mongolia, definitely don't do that in the winter...

Never fight a land war in Asia.

Now that the old list by our Hungarian pal is debunked, I am hung over about the lack of Simon Bolivar. He would have made such an awesome addition, kind of wish that list were true.

This is precisely how I feel about losing the Burmese under Anawrahta. Oh well, were's always the option for a third XPac, I guess. :)

We still get to guess at abilities, UI, UU, UB, wonders, changes to wonders, CS, mechanics etc lots of stuff to look forward to.

Edit: Spelling.

If Canada is in there should be only one option for the UU...

Now that the old list by our Hungarian pal is debunked, I am hung over about the lack of Simon Bolivar. He would have made such an awesome addition, kind of wish that list were true.
I wish we would get that instead of Canada, but I can live with it. At least we finally maybe could get a French speaking leader. :mischief:

Dido reminds me of the leader of Carthage, but isn't Phonecia where Israel is on the map?
Well Carthage was a Phoenician colony that broke off and formed it's own empire, but most of the major Phoenician cities were in modern-day Lebanon though they spread over a lot of the Mediterranean Sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom