[NFP] New Frontier Pass Screenshot Analysis Thread

Oh snap good spotting.

It is possible that getting a great prophet now works differently and is related to some kind of global competiton.

I think its more likely the game was played with 'Apocalypse' mode on. Otherwise we are looking at a serious reworking of the religion system.

EDIT:

Double checking the video the faith income/stockpile is in the top left. Do you mean the religion icon? I dont think that usually appears until the first great prophet normally

Last edited:
I just noticed something very interesting in the Maya reveal video.

There is no faith menu in the top left, even as late as turn 62!

There is a new 'competition' called "Appease the Gods" at one point, and at some point after that competition is complete the faith menu is visible again. There's no way to say if the two are related, but what if choosing pantheons/creating religions has been revamped and now works differently?

Nice, new way to found religion?

Nice, new way to found religion?

These screenshots are staged, so they don't always line up with the reality of the game, so it not being there might not be anything until we know more

There’s a good chance it is, if only because the icon shows red corn front and center instead of the more-common yellow corn (unless I’m looking at the wrong icon), so they may be going with the native stylized look to indicate as such.

EDIT: Ninja’d
What if we had it change based on the civ to reveal it? A European civ finds it its yellow and called corn, one from the Americas finds it and its red called maize.

Never gonna happen since it would make different appearing icons, but could have been a cool thing for flavor.

I just noticed something very interesting in the Maya reveal video.

There is no faith menu in the top left, even as late as turn 62!

There is a new 'competition' called "Appease the Gods" at one point, and at some point after that competition is complete the faith menu is visible again. There's no way to say if the two are related, but what if choosing pantheons/creating religions has been revamped and now works differently?

A bit earlier in the video it is there, at t88

Edit: the UI seems unchanged :(
but maybe just for the purposes of this video?

As expected
palenque.png

Or they're like Truffling Pigs. You nurture them and they find the good stuff for you.
Yeah I know that's probably the case. But the idea of going out to hunt for a beehive filled with honey sounds more interesting.

Yeah I know that's probably the case. But the idea of going out to hunt for a beehive filled with honey sounds more interesting.
Try luring them out with dead lions. :mischief:

I'd just tell Phillip II that they are heretics for not following Catholicism and he'll go deal with them. :lol:

Nah, if you want to find bees, just turn your 'tame' Bears loose to Go Fetch.

And think of the graphic - a bear sitting in the middle of the tile with his forepaw stuffed into a hive and honey dripping down his jaw. Of course, they'd have to make sure it was easily distinguished from Winnie ili Pooh to avoid copywright issues . . .

And think of the graphic - a bear sitting in the middle of the tile with his forepaw stuffed into a hive and honey dripping down his jaw. Of course, they'd have to make sure it was easily distinguished from Winnie ili Pooh to avoid copywright issues . . .

In order to avod copyright issues, you can always make it look like a little, rotund lady with a bowed hat and an umbrella. And you call it Wilhelminnie de Poeh.

Of course, they'd have to make sure it was easily distinguished from Winnie ili Pooh to avoid copywright issues . . .
Blond black bears exist, but they're pretty rare. :p

They would need to be careful with that, too, if they want to sell the game in China.

Just you wait to learn they'll call it "American Farm-Improvable"

Top Bottom