New language

lordfistas

Chieftain
Hello,

I preparing new language for RI Mod and I have one problem. After added <Polish> tags to gametexts files and files from vanilla/bts/warlords, mod don't see new language in options. It's possible to add "language change" logic from A New Dawn mod ?
Or you have any other idea how i can solve my problem?

Thank you!
lordfistas

Hello,

I preparing new language for RI Mod and I have one problem. After added <Polish> tags to gametexts files and files from vanilla/bts/warlords, mod don't see new language in options. It's possible to add "language change" logic from A New Dawn mod ?
Or you have any other idea how i can solve my problem?

Thank you!
lordfistas

You could probably use one of the existing language tags for Polish, without renaming it - it would be the most hassle-free way to do that. We don't have any other officially supported languages, though there's some incomplete French and German stuff. So I think you can safely choose Spanish or Italian.

You could probably use one of the existing language tags for Polish, without renaming it - it would be the most hassle-free way to do that. We don't have any other officially supported languages, though there's some incomplete French and German stuff. So I think you can safely choose Spanish or Italian.

Thank you for response : ) I use this method in ROM/AND and C2C on French Tags (and orginal Civ/BTS/Warlords is on French tags), but it's very bad way to maintance this properly (and I changed this to Polish tags in AND ). Second problem is when somone come here and say: "I want do spanish/italian/... translation why Poland use my tags". I think better way is merge logic from AND (it's very good logic, it's using English tags if tag from selected language don't exist in <TEXT>). At end I want (and if it's possible) to megre polish language with mod on SVN : )

But if you want me to do this translation on Spanish tags and you sure noone come and want to do Spanish translation, it's no problem : )

For now, we don't have plans to implement AND logic, and since our mod already exists for many years, the chance that someone comes right now to do a Spanish translation are very slim IMO. :)

For now, we don't have plans to implement AND logic, and since our mod already exists for many years, the chance that someone comes right now to do a Spanish translation are very slim IMO. :)

Ok, We will do translation on Spanish tags. Thank you for help! I will write in this thread when we will have ready polish translation : )

Top Bottom