New PBEM Game Civ4 BTS

Today's my luck day! A source of gold appears in the mines nearby my capitol! Miraculous!

Spoiler :

Nice game we got going here. But my continent now bores me, I'm yearning to know what goes on overseas.

Hey rickity, what's the lastest in the morning you might play your turns? I guess I am 15 hours behind you.

So about two turns ago at around 425 BC Ricketyclik was eliminated by Filon I presume? You guys show each other good sportsmanship after it was all over? I suppose the games ends the turn before you're defeated, and there's no replays of course? Just a little curious, been a silent game. I can't even tell how scientifically progressed you guys are, or how big the warfare got.

Filon is clearly winning, but it was I who declared and conquered Ricketyclik.

It was pure lebensraum, Filon has over half the continent blocked off, and I was squeezed in the SE corner with Ricketyclik making normal expansion, and lots of surrounding desert.

I'm not normally this aggressive, but this game has played like pure bloodlust.

Wow. So the mapscript put 4/6 players on the same pre-astro continent. I figured there was 3 continents, and that rickety vs. unknown was the last war overseas from us. Guess not. Me? My continent is a galley trip off from Michkov's and I just stabbed him in the back after peaceful relations. And we're duking it out right now...

Interesting point, I thought the stack outside the capital was a clear statement of final intent.

I suppose I thought telling someone I had just finished them seems risking the appearance of bragging.

But nothing to do with sulking at the loss of promoted units in the attempt.

Also, as you say it has been a quiet game, so personal communication appeared out of the norm.

Anyway, I guess I missed my chance, and can simply wait to see if Filon has a farewell message for me :(

Tomorrow we will find out whether the pyramids "work" when its captured home city revolts. I'm hoping they do.

Good playing with ya Michkov, see you around.

Then there was three.

It was going so well, had my Pyramids build a good amount of Preats. And than came the elephants... so many elephants :-(

Did you have a city in the northern jungle or just ferried over all those units?

I set up both approaches, in fact I had two cities up there for hundreds of years. But there's no way they could build an army and grow, so most units were ferried two a turn at the narrowest point. I wanted to make sure I did not tip you off and scouted out your civilization with the spy unit years before deciding to invade. And since I had no elephants of my own on our continent colonization was needed to ensure our... shock-a-phants (shakaphants..?) We did trade gold for ivory but that was only for happiness, I don't recall producing war elephants on the deal; but when we canceled that we had already set up our colony.

The colony was originally low cost at the time, as overseas trade routes became available to each city back home. But with the addition of Roman towns the expenses are really starting to rack up. 80% of our commerce can be eaten by the expenses during a golden age, but with representation, the great library, caste system and pacifism my economy is set up more heavily on scientists than ever before. It's actually a mess, and even now I continue to add more workers to the force and repurpose improvements. But hopefully Greece will be showing Tommyworld the path of progressionism for generations.

You guys tend to run much taller cities than I do. I wonder if this is cause I am ambitious with the whip. It has helped me get michkov and his pyramids; although I ran caste for a while I am back in slavery to quickly get courthouses and other infrastructure in place while keeping population maintenance down. Colonial expenses... wowza!

Hey guys, I can't wait for the part where the few that remains play turns in rapid succession at roughly the same time. I mean, a leisurely pace is fine too, but I imagine it in the realm of possibility to schedule a time to knock out some turns! Of course we can wait until it naturally happens in a 1v1 with just me versus the winner of your continent. The suspenseful atmosphere is fine too, just curious of the possibility.

Unfortunately work has become impossible at the moment, so my throughput is suffering.

However, I won't be around for long. I'm just repaying Filon's initial unprovoked aggression with a modicum of trashing some of his border towns. Nobbut a hiccup, sadly.

Top Bottom