New Unit: Asian Swordsman (March 3, 2006)

Think I will put it in the Warring States scenario instead of the one I was using.

Thank you !

Have you any interest in doing a Qin crossbowman ? You know the one with 2 men servicing it...

Most excellent unit... I don't have the kind of patience to do any Draw-cut attacks, due to the incredible pain in the butt-ness of doing such animations in Poser >.<

I may just use this guy in the FF mod... If I can think of a place for him.

Excellent unit, well animated!:)

Agreed, or gave up fighting over the issue. Can't remember which. ;)

In this thread we've had this unit referred to as being appropriate for Korea, Japan, China and also 'South Asia'. Can anyone lay out a more definitive post about where this guy would most suitably be placed please? I'd also be grateful for any pointers on what kind of swordsmen those pirates in the Malacca Straights would have looked like. Thanks in advance :)

This unit was based off pictures I sent to UtahJazz for Japanese swordsman of 200bc-600ad
But Japan's armour in ancient times was from Korea, and Korea based armour from China, so it is an ancient Japanese swordsman, but ancient Yamato Japanese would be like Korea, and China too. But really I think it fits Korea and Japan the most. I dont think it would work for South Asia.
Japan

Korea

China

Top Bottom