New Version - 2.5 (July 14, 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll look into it, you can remove the "ImprovedTopPanel" folder in Mods/3a VP-EUI to get old panel back in the meantime. I can't replicate this issue so this could be GPU dependent, there's a slight increase in contrast when using dx11 but it isn't problematic, and using AA doesn't make a difference.

@Eshiro and anyone experiencing this, can you extract the attached file to "MODS\(3a) VP - EUI Compatibility Files\ImprovedTopPanel" and overwrite when asked.
Thanks, recently try the fix you send and it fixed the icons! TY very much!

1 GPT is low, I'll look at boosting the base value.
It isn't low really. It just tells you to NOT trade right now and only trade when the AI needs it, which also helps the AI get WLTKDs (they currently suck at this).

I think that is not true, nothing in that mod incorporates "can build lighthouses, boats etc"
You're right, I just read back over the mod thread and didn't see anything, except one guy thinking the mod caused this, which it doesn't upon further reading. My bad. Think at that time I also thought this was an issue so probably this is why the notion got logged in my brain!

It is annoying when you have a CS quest for #of followers (culture, tourism or science), I play on epic speed so those are for 45 turns and you have only 1-10 turns to complete those, and AI allied with CS declares a war. So all those quests cancels.
Can we have those quests be renewed after peace deal or may be given a partial reward? In my current game I had 2,5 and 6 turns to quest end and in 2 cases I would get those CS allied as a result.

Getting WLTKD in this patch is really easy, with these low luxury prices. I had two AIs denouncing me and trying to conquer my cities, and they're like: "You want this luxury? 7 :c5gold: gpt. That's how much I hate you!".

It isn't low really. It just tells you to NOT trade right now and only trade when the AI needs it, which also helps the AI get WLTKDs (they currently suck at this).
Unlike Strategic Resources, extra luxuries confer some benefit to the AI.

That reminds me, I need to add WTLKD code for the valuation.
It is annoying when you have a CS quest for #of followers (culture, tourism or science), I play on epic speed so those are for 45 turns and you have only 1-10 turns to complete those, and AI allied with CS declares a war. So all those quests cancels.
Can we have those quests be renewed after peace deal or may be given a partial reward? In my current game I had 2,5 and 6 turns to quest end and in 2 cases I would get those CS allied as a result.
I'll work on this.

I liked the prev versions where quests didn't go poof because wars.

I fail to install it. Several problems:
-First of all, since this particular patch, the game crashes to desktop on starting up a modded game.
-The old problem persists where EUI doesnt get installed by the .exe installer, so I need to get the files directly from github and do it manually.
I will post again when I can narrow it down more. I did not have this problem with 2.4.4
I made sure to remove the old multiplayer modpack as well as the old EUI. Starting a modded game crashes to desktop, therefore doesnt let me create a new MP modpack.
(Simply putting the new files into the old MP Modpack also doesnt work.)

Last edited:
I fail to install it. Several problems:
-First of all, since this particular patch, the game crashes to desktop on starting up a modded game.
-The old problem persists where EUI doesnt get installed by the .exe installer, so I need to get the files directly from github and do it manually.
I will post again when I can narrow it down more. I did not have this problem with 2.4.4
I made sure to remove the old multiplayer modpack as well as the old EUI. Starting a modded game crashes to desktop, therefore doesnt let me create a new MP modpack.
(Simply putting the new files into the old MP Modpack also doesnt work.)

Interestingly, it doesnt always crash at the same spot.
Sometimes I even manage to start up a game and it looks like this during the loading screen.
If I then start another game with the same setup, it crashes again.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-21 18.39.00.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-21 18.39.00.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 39
Interestingly, it doesnt always crash at the same spot.
Sometimes I even manage to start up a game and it looks like this during the loading screen.
If I then start another game with the same setup, it crashes again.

I'm getting the same bugged loading screen as well. I assumed it's because I have my civ installed in a non-standard spot.

My game isn't crashing though.

Great idea the tips, thanks. By the way it look that after years of gameplay yet there is some basic that I missed; I have read the tip 'Tourism is more than a victory condition: it also helps your trade routes and preserves the buildings and population of conquered cities'. Please anyone could summarize me in which way tourism affects buildings, trade routes?

Great idea the tips, thanks. By the way it look that after years of gameplay yet there is some basic that I missed; I have read the tip 'Tourism is more than a victory condition: it also helps your trade routes and preserves the buildings and population of conquered cities'. Please anyone could summarize me in which way tourism affects buildings, trade routes?
You can see the description of these effects in the tooltips in the "influence by player" screen by clicking the Tourism icon in the top bar. The increasing levels of influence (Familiar, Popular, etc.) give population growth bonuses to cities with trade routes with those civs, reduce turns of resistance and population loss when conquering their cities, and more.

I want to give thanks to the devs for all the continuing development on things like the UI, tile selection, and other QoL improvements, on top of the long-term AI work and memory optimization. My experience with this version has been incredibly smooth so far.

@Rikai , @Zanteogo
The installer now asks for the base game directory, can you double check you pointed that to the right folder? If so the OS might be protecting the game folder, you can try running the installer as administrator.

@Rikai , @Zanteogo
The installer now asks for the base game directory, can you double check you pointed that to the right folder? If so the OS might be protecting the game folder, you can try running the installer as administrator.
Thank you so much. That fixed most of it. I still experienced a crash on my first try, but on the second try, everything magically worked and I now have my MP Modpack. Now let's delete the InGame.lua and see if it still works...
Yes it does! Perfect. You saved my day, good sir!

/Edit: Yes, I agree on the Lake issue. Feels kinda wrong to not be able to make naval stuff if a lake is present.

Last edited:
many thanks for the new version and continued work.

I add my concern about lake cities not able to build naval stuff. What is the reason for it not being intended? I will change the code as people have mentioned to keep it enable, but I'm curious about the rationale, what was the issue?

Also, something I noted since a few versions, is it intended that the non-founder AI still fights your religion with leftover inquisitors from another religion, even after they have happily accepted your own? Do non-founder AIs actually assess which foreign religion suits their needs better?

Something is fundamentally broken in this release. My units are completely ineffective. Ranged units barley do damage and my melee units take way too much damage vs equal units so if I do attack it will get killed of next round.
Again, something changed dramatically in a very, very bad direction. Even worse the AI does not seem to be affected. it's in fact they have some magic defense shield I lack.

as America vs Ottomans. complete waste of time that game was.

Then the whole blockade thing is also just pure annoyance and just makes war faring even more required and advantageous. basically no point in trying a friendly game and hence choose a civ with warfare bonuses to begin with. No fun really.
And that on my low level I play.

Something is fundamentally broken in this release. My units are completely ineffective. Ranged units barley do damage and my melee units take way too much damage vs equal units so if I do attack it will get killed of next round.
Again, something changed dramatically in a very, very bad direction. Even worse the AI does not seem to be affected. it's in fact they have some magic defense shield I lack.

Then the whole blockade thing is also just pure annoyance and just makes war faring even more required and advantageous. basically no point in trying a friendly game and hence choose a civ with warfare bonuses to begin with. No fun really.
Didn't see any of what you described. Pls check if you have mod incompatibility or something else, or do a detailed github report with the necessary files.

Was going to say that the ai gets massive unit promotions on high levels. Making them very hard to kill until you lvl up your own units. But you say you are on lower difficulties so im not sure.

Thus far this version is working great for me.

The ai is back to attacking and defending inteligently.

Friggin english sneak attacked my couple of island colonies thay i strqtwgically built between two continents.

Didnt know that the ai were smart enough for naval warfare. Well done team.

and my melee units take way too much damage vs equal units so if I do attack it will get killed of next round
I mean, a melee unit attacking a same tier fortified melee unit in forest is going to have a rough time...

Anyone still able to 'connect' cities with lighthouses ?? Pretty sure we can't

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom