New Version - 2.5 (July 14, 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what makes wars so grindy on higher difficulty its basically an xp exercise.
This is my experience as well. Basically early on you gotta keep your units fighting. Whether it be barbs, city states or ai. Because the ai units get obscenely large promotion bonuses.
So fight early, dont lose your units, and upgrade them. New units built in later eras are basically cannon fodder.

Not playing on a high level., but tradeable resources, both luxury AND strategic, are valued very low to the point where I never trade for gold. This eliminates trade except for direct swap. WTH? Anybody? I have 2.5

Not playing on a high level., but tradeable resources, both luxury AND strategic, are valued very low to the point where I never trade for gold. This eliminates trade except for direct swap. WTH? Anybody? I have 2.5
Yes and make faith beliefs that provides gold much much stronger, pretty much a must have.

Why their Destroyer inflicts over double the damage than mine? We have similar promotions and mine has full health, while their has 52HP. Is that a bug? Emperor difficulty, 56% happiness.

Attachments

• weird damage.png
    weird damage.png
    397.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Why their Destroyer inflicts over double the damage than mine? We have similar promotions and mine has full health, while their has 52HP. Is that a bug? Emperor difficulty, 56% happiness.
looks like a bug, because if you look at strength calculation all his promo taken into account, even his damage adds (this could be civ flavor) but somehow your promos are not.

You probably know it already but, just in case, when you attack while your naval melee unit is garrisoned in a city, a citadel or a fort, you usually have less strength than usual (for a reason that eludes me). If you just move out of the garrison, then you can attack at full might again (in the same turn).

You probably know it already but, just in case, when you attack while your naval melee unit is garrisoned in a city, a citadel or a fort, you usually have less strength than usual (for a reason that eludes me). If you just move out of the garrison, then you can attack at full might again (in the same turn).
This is so stupid, but it's actually the truth! Thanks! I'll report that on Github.

Attachments

• weird damage 2.png
    weird damage 2.png
    457.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
But the ship doesn't attack from a port. It goes to open waters in both cases.
Calculations are always made from the tile you are at when you mouse over, can be useful to see if its worth moving in on rough with a skirmisher.
Still doesnt make any sense why port/fort/citadel attack should do less dmg.

Calculations are always made from the tile you are at when you mouse over, can be useful to see if its worth moving in on rough with a skirmisher.
Yeah, or why the enemy ship does more damage when I'm o on a tile to attack from, when we have similar promotions and I'm full HP, while and his ship is damaged.

Caravans continue to run toward my cities even few turns after I declared war at the AI who owns them

Well, ships can't actually attack from ports/forts, so the combat preview is doing something else.

Caravans continue to run toward my cities even few turns after I declared war at the AI who owns them
Yes, that's intended.

Amphitheaters and operas do not provide -1 unhappines to boredom, unlike in the prev. patch??

Amphitheaters and operas do not provide -1 unhappines to boredom, unlike in the prev. patch??
Just noticed this as well. I think the appropriate resource is needed... Maybe? Going to do another game to verify.
On this game, I had no access to incense or perfume, and wasn't lucky enough to spawn a Great Admiral..
Also noticed some odd quirks in Diplo. AI wants me to DOW on another AI, but both AI are in a DOF? SO I take a diplo hit for refusing, and both AI's are besties?
Noticed this on my previous game as well.

Also noticed some odd quirks in Diplo. AI wants me to DOW on another AI, but both AI are in a DOF? SO I take a diplo hit for refusing, and both AI's are besties?
Noticed this on my previous game as well.
Lol'd.
What I really don't get is AI's behavior. The AI propose friendship - accept, then propose mutual war against 3rd one - accept. After I capture few cities the AI denounces me. Like wtf, where is sanity? :crazyeye:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom