New Version - 4.7.3 (April 28, 2024)

This released when it was night for me, but as I don't see it in the changelog, I assume my issue from 4.6.2 persists. So I started a game on marathon yesterday and got two faith ruins on turns ~40 and ~50, allowing me to be the first to found a pantheon with no effort. I seem to remember the faith being blocked until a certain turn to prevent this very thing from hapenning. I later tested in a game with only VP and got a faith ruin on turn 34. If I'm not crazy and such a restriction indeed exists, then it seems the turn number doesn't scale with game speed. Can anyone confirm that this is a bug, so I can report it on GitHub?
the turn restriction is 20 on standard speed.
I'd assume it'd be 40 or 60 on marathon

Hi @L. Vern , any idea about the multiplayer compatibility of the squads mod ?

Edit: I have tested it and it's not compatible sadly :/

Last edited:
It will be replacing the Promotion Tree modmod, which I have elected to remove because 1) its original developers are retired or long gone, b) it has bugs, such as not being able to display all of the promotions and lacking a scroll bar, and III) no one knows how or has any interest in fixing it.
Wait, I'm confused. It does have the scroll bar, and I see promotions that are from different mods, so it displays all promotions I think. I really liked this tree :c5unhappy:

Attachments

• Screenshot (889).png
    Screenshot (889).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
the turn restriction is 20 on standard speed.
I'd assume it'd be 40 or 60 on marathon
Well, it seems to be 30 for me, 33 at most. Since the marathon scale is x3, that would be turn 10 or 11 on standard, much too early. I'll go and make the report.

As for everyone who wants to keep Promotion Tree, you can go to the Archive subforum, the Previous Releases subforum and donwnload one of the older versions that should still have that mod, copy the folder somewhere and then paste it in the MODS folder after installing the newest version.

Recently there have been a lot of reports of non-reproducible crashes during the player's turn, often when opening a city screen or hovering over buildings. Unlike other memory-related crashes, those crashes can also happen very early in the game. The cause of the crashes is known, it is a change that was made in the EUI version and that affects version 4.3 and newer. Until it is fixed, if you experience those crashes and the usual methods of avoiding memory-related crashes (turning off yield icons, not zooming out too much, using strategic view) don't help, you can use the non-EUI version. Switching between EUI and non-EUI is possible by reinstalling VP, it doesn't break existing save games.

Reminder: If you experience a reproducible crash, always report it on github. Reproducible crashes can and will be fixed (unless they're caused by incompatible mods), but that's only possible if they are reported.

Recently there have been a lot of reports of non-reproducible crashes during the player's turn, often when opening a city screen or hovering over buildings. Unlike other memory-related crashes, those crashes can also happen very early in the game. The cause of the crashes is known, it is a change that was made in the EUI version and that affects version 4.3 and newer. Until it is fixed, if you experience those crashes and the usual methods of avoiding memory-related crashes (turning off yield icons, not zooming out too much, using strategic view) don't help, you can use the non-EUI version. Switching between EUI and non-EUI is possible by reinstalling VP, it doesn't break existing save games.

Reminder: If you experience a reproducible crash, always report it on github. Reproducible crashes can and will be fixed (unless they're caused by incompatible mods), but that's only possible if they are reported.
Uh, @L. Vern? You remember your tile highlight when hovering over buildings change, right?

There is a bug where game crashes when you try to speed up spaceship parts creation with gold (freedom ability).

the memory bug is annoying it happens so randomly late game onwards it seems more prevalent when your building powerplants after i ploughed through that and now not getting any although saving a lot especially your about to go into the science screen if you made a lot of orders lol

Uh, @L. Vern? You remember your tile highlight when hovering over buildings change, right?
yea, but I can't reproduce on my machine 🙃

I tried adding an option to disable the tile highlighting handler but there's no more room in the options menu sadly

Until it is fixed, if you experience those crashes and the usual methods of avoiding memory-related crashes (turning off yield icons, not zooming out too much, using strategic view) don't help, you can use the non-EUI version.
I would highly recommend this for anyone playing on larger maps -- its been years since I used EUI, but when I compared to not using it, seemed to have much more frequent crashes

yea, but I can't reproduce on my machine 🙃

I tried adding an option to disable the tile highlighting handler but there's no more room in the options menu sadly
Is there a config option? While not as elegant as a checkbox in the options menu, it may be a good enough fix for people with this issue.

Turn off tile yield and resource icon. So I never experience that crash. Give that a try.

Last edited:
Top Bottom