New Version - February 7th (2/7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome patch G, but there's something crucial you've been missing all this time in your efforts with the AI and how their civilization sees the world. Something that Firaxis with their new expansion is way ahead of you on:
Spoiler :

Sexism! Clearly a leader having to speak to the opposite sex on diplomatic matters should help push entire nations to war! The AI will never be truly good until an individual AI player allows sexism to affect their civilizations goals throughout the ages!
The agenda system is obviously the way to go for the Civ series.

Last edited:
Thanks - this looks like a great update and I can't wait to try it out. It is very exciting to watch the game come closer and closer to completion. I refer to this a game rather than a mod because we are so far departed from vanilla that what Gazebo and others have achieved here warrants calling it a new game entirely. I will miss eagerly checking for the latest update to see what new change I can exploit before it is quickly nerfed.

Awesome patch G, but there's something crucial you've been missing all this time in your efforts with the AI and how their civilization sees the world. Something that Firaxis with their new expansion is way ahead of you on:
Spoiler :

Sexism! Clearly a leader having to speak to the opposite sex on diplomatic matters should help push entire nations to war! The AI will never be truly good until an individual AI player allows sexism to affect their civilizations goals throughout the ages!

That cannot be real. Is it? No, it can't be.

G

View attachment 487486

4:c5food:1:c5production:1:c5gold: on forest is a bit nuts for an unimproved tile, feels like 1 bonus yield slipped through.

Edit: it shouldn't even spawn there, using vanilla mapscripts/random map.

View attachment 487487

Also salt buff is not necessary if mines are buffed on the same update: easy to connect, early stoneworks, good monopoly.

View attachment 487490

Tea, on the other hand, doesn't get many buffs over the base tile and they come late. At +1:c5food: only and with a monopoly that doesn't give flat yields, building tea plantations is very low priority.

Oh I was still editing :D Generally speaking I think the n-th thread about yield balance on lux was an unnecessary mess but that's all edits we can easily change on our own.

Furs +1 :c5production: is also been applied on base tile, not on the camp improvement.

View attachment 487494

It's just my patch-note that is incorrect - in game is correct.

G

Moreluxuries alters the placement of lots of luxuries, if youre using VP it doesnt matter if vanilla map or not, will still spawn where VP designates

There's a really big trade route speed bug. I created my second city 4 tiles off my capital, connected it with road and my caravan was completing that route in 1 turn, and since i was playing as Ottomans that 150 culture/gold per turn on turn 50 is juicy but dosen't seem balanced ;D.

Spoiler :

You can argue if the agenda system itself is dumb or not, but the fact that many leaders looked down on member of their opposite gender is an historical FACT, especially true of Shaka.
People always complain about wen a leader acts out of character in civ, well, many of them where sexists, so why are you complaining now? The mere fact that you dont know how some wars happened because of a rulers gender shows how the level of mental gymnastics necessary to always find fault whit anything gender related.

You can argue if the agenda system itself is dumb or not, but the fact that many leaders looked down on member of their opposite gender is an historical FACT, especially true of Shaka.
People always complain about wen a leader acts out of character in civ, well, many of them where sexists, so why are you complaining now? The mere fact that you dont know how some wars happened because of a rulers gender shows how the level of mental gymnastics necessary to always find fault whit anything gender related.
The game spans thousands of years. Your civilization can enact policies entirely opposite to what happened historically, and you think such agendas that last from start to end are justifiable for entire civilizations? Really? I guess immortality is truly what Civ is all about! I'm not even going to begin on what this says about Firaxis' view of how to handle the AI.

The game spans thousands of years. Your civilization can enact policies entirely opposite to what happened historically, and you think such agendas that last from start to end are justifiable for entire civilizations? Really? I guess immortality is truly what Civ is all about! I'm not even going to begin on what this says about Firaxis' view of how to handle the AI.
Dude, there is a civ that likes his neighbors and hates everyone else, an agenda that lasts the whole game, and basically makes the civ hate all but 2-4 civs from x, and you said it yourself "YOUR" civilization can enact against the normal, but most complain very much wen the ai civs dont act like the real world counterparts, firaxis gives 0 fudgs about the ai, it always has, and always will, because good ai dont sell as many copies as other things, not wen your average Joe struggles to beat prince, the reaction speaks more about yourself than it does about Firaxis.

Dude, there is a civ that likes his neighbors and hates everyone else, an agenda that lasts the whole game, and basically makes the civ hate all but 2-4 civs from x, and you said it yourself "YOUR" civilization can enact against the normal, but most complain very much wen the ai civs dont act like the real world counterparts, firaxis gives 0 ****s about the ai, it always has, and always will, because good ai dont sell as many copies as other things, not wen your average Joe struggles to beat prince, the reaction speaks more about yourself than it does about Firaxis.

You sound salty about this. My reaction is as such: restricting my relationship with another civ for the rest of the game because of the sex of my leader is...just not interesting? I don't care if Shaka or anyone else was sexist - it isn't an interesting mechanic. I don't care about the social/gender implications, it's just stupid design.

G

Dude, there is a civ that likes his neighbors and hates everyone else, an agenda that lasts the whole game, and basically makes the civ hate all but 2-4 civs from x, and you said it yourself "YOUR" civilization can enact against the normal, but most complain very much wen the ai civs dont act like the real world counterparts, firaxis gives 0 ****s about the ai, it always has, and always will, because good ai dont sell as many copies as other things, not wen your average Joe struggles to beat prince, the reaction speaks more about yourself than it does about Firaxis.
I always found the agenda system to be stupid. I suppose I haven't talked about it on here. Anyways, I've gotta say, I really don't care what this tells you about me. What this new sexist agenda(haha) tells me about Firaxis is that they like the AI making totally unreasonable decisions all the time. Looks like their games will only ever be decent in multiplayer (except VP being great overall, of course). Too bad the balance is also totally off since they balance with insane AI.

Last edited:

I'm just shocked they would even go there to be honest. With gender politics such a touchy subject in the modern landscape, the fact a company would even open themselves up to concerns or allegations around it is surprising.

You sound salty about this. My reaction is as such: restricting my relationship with another civ for the rest of the game because of the sex of my leader is...just not interesting? I don't care if Shaka or anyone else was sexist - it isn't an interesting mechanic. I don't care about the social/gender implications, it's just stupid design.

G
So is restricting my relationship whit another civ for the rest of the game because i am not his neighbor, or because all my cities are on a different continent, or because my empire whit 0 coastal cities has a weaker navy, you can call the agenda system dumb, but this is just another agenda that forever taint diplomacy like many others.
Just because my opinion this time happens to be the opposite of yours I sound salty?

I think you have made pretty clear in the past that you dont like civ 6, I just dont see how is this that much stupid than most other things that are in that game?

@Stalker0 To be fair its impossible to avoid the sjw infestation, look at the youtube comments of the new civs firaxis released for rise and fall, the ones for male leaders are full of "sexist firaxis, when are you going to pay for your gender sins and put at least 50% female leaders in your game so we can have equality!", meanwhile on the female civs revealed youtube videos you have "Firaxis is a sjw **** who is now putting in female leader in my civ game to please the swj crowd!" This is a lose-lose scenario if either you do anything at all.

Last edited:
I just dont see how is this that much stupid than most other things that are in that game?
It stands out because it makes it so damn personal. Unreasonably personal even, given that you're slotted to specific leaders in such a wide spanning game. I guess you've played/followed the game too much and think this is just as stupid as the whole game put together, but I randomly found this while checking out the reactions to R&F and found it funny, so you do sound quite salty given that this does stand out from what some have seen.

It stands out because it makes it so damn personal. Unreasonably personal even, given that you're slotted to specific leaders in such a wide spanning game. I guess you've played/followed the game too much and think this is just as stupid as the whole game put together, but I randomly found this while checking out the reactions to R&F and found it funny, so you do sound quite salty given that this does stand out from what some have seen.
It stands out because you are personally related to the leader you choose to play whit? This is if anything more realistic than the guy who hates every single civ who has a weaker navy than him, even those whit 0 coastal cities, landlocked in the middle of a continent, did you miss the several threads mocking these genius level decisions? Just because it has to do whit sexism suddenly its at the same time dumb, and serious, because its personal, don't worry, the sjw may be a minority, but they speak very loud, I would bet money they remove this agenda in a patch or two...

Enough Civ6 talk. Take it elsewhere if you want to bash. I won't have it staining my beautiful, perfect, pristine, bug-free VP.

------------------------

Hotfix for duration bug for TRs (dropped a min value) and some small typos. Savegame compat. Routes should hover around 30 turns (or a hair more) at standard speed for most distances.

Linko: https://mega.nz/#F!DMsxkDYI!zSpR9CHpmAfWyIvMXaN3pw

It stands out because you are personally related to the leader you choose to play whit? This is if anything more realistic than the guy who hates every single civ who has a weaker navy than him, even those whit 0 coastal cities, landlocked in the middle of a continent, did you miss the several threads mocking these genius level decisions? Just because it has to do whit sexism suddenly its at the same time dumb, and serious, because its personal, don't worry, the sjw may be a minority, but they speak very loud, I would bet money they remove this agenda in a patch or two...
Pls Dark, I only wanted some laughs. Not personal in that sense, just personal in that it's nothing to do with your play and is completely between ingame leaders. Won't take it beyond that because G's already dealt with this Firaxis mess:D

I know Lord G has spoken, but let me say one last thing:
Civ VI is a very flawed game...but you guys know a game who had even more and bigger flaws?

Civ V.

Oh boy, the vast majority of civfanatics on this very site called it an abomination, there was even a few fan sites made specifically to mock civ v, it ha d a far worse reception, ai and release than civ iv, it took YEARS of patches, dlcs and 2 MASSIVE expansions, to "fix", and most here on this section still call it crap when compared to VP, a massive community mod that itself took YEARS to make and balance, and its still not complete!

To compare both games right now is not only not right, but also impossible, lets also not forget that civ 5, the game we love, and even VP the mod we love, is hated by many, and considered worthless, pointless, and imbalanced, just like civ 6 is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom