New Version - May 19th (5-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all thanks a lot for your efforts to improve the game.
During the last gameplay I had in autosaves folder saves called 'autosave_turn number' and 'autosave_turn number_post' (or so)
Now I have started a new game after upgrading with 5-19 version and the 'autosave_turn number_post' is not shown anymore.
Is that a change of 5-19 version?
Did you upgrade from a previous version? (like 4-20, the last beta) New versions and betas are usually not savegame compatible with previous versions (but it still wouldn't necessarily explain a disappearing file)

Did you upgrade from a previous version? (like 4-20, the last beta) New versions and betas are usually not savegame compatible with previous versions (but it still wouldn't necessarily explain a disappearing file)
To better explain my question, with the previous gameplay I had the choice to load the savegame at the beginnig of a turn or the save of end turn; now that choice is not possible anymore. since I do load other mods too, I'm not sure if that is due to the new VP version or to a mod.

To better explain my question, with the previous gameplay I had the choice to load the savegame at the beginnig of a turn or the save of end turn; now that choice is not possible anymore. since I do load other mods too, I'm not sure if that is due to the new VP version or to a mod.
Autosaves are always generated at the beginning of a Turn as far as I know, so it must be a thing unrelated to VP I'd say.

There is an item called PostTurnAutosaves in the config.ini file

I've often thought about trying it but never did. Maybe you had it set but it somehow got unset. I would be interested to know exactly what it does.

Yup, here is the fix: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/5402 (and apparently for WW too)

If one wanted to start a new game on the 5-19 version with this update applied to address the WW issue, how would they do so? I haven't done much in the way of modding VP...

Seems like these are fairly serious issues, It would be nice to get an official hotfix.

As for restarting, crdvis16, my guess is that swapping out the dll shouldn't cause issues. You should delete mod data and cache to be sure although often it is save game compatible. That there is no hotfix suggests it might not be.

If one wanted to start a new game on the 5-19 version with this update applied to address the WW issue, how would they do so? I haven't done much in the way of modding VP...
You can just swap it with what is in (1) Community Patch. Here is how to do in details:
Spoiler details :
1) download the file from the link on Github
2) go to C:\Users\ ... \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\ (1) Community Patch (or something like this, where the Mod is installed)
3) you'll find the DLL file, delete it and replace it with the one you've downloaded

It's savegame compatible. I'm continuing my saved game and works perfectly.

After finishing my second game, it seems to me like accidental culture victory is too easy (or maybe that’s the default way you win if you’re snowballing everything). I played a bloated 30+ city Portuguese empire in my first and won through culture without any real pro-tourism policies (progress - fealty - industry - order) simply by being head of science and culture and building all wonders past Medieval onwards. Never paid any attention to tourism, great works, or great people, I just utilized hammers and an obscene amount of money and before I knew it, CEP was available to build.

My more recent game was more reasonable, Morocco on continents. Was aiming for a tall diplo victory but ended up going thicc after plenty of land presented itself and my religion turned out to be extremely powerful. I had a hard time deciding but ended up going tradition - statecraft - industry - freedom so winning by culture was not as surprising but I was definitely gunning for a diplo and easily had the votes to do it (was just waiting for the techs). In the meantime I outpaced my rival in late industry and the gap just increased every turn from then. I never paid attention to tourism modifiers like keeping trade routes and borders open to culture rivals, it sort of just happened on it’s own. (On a side note, I love how Kasbahs don’t remove features so you can have one in a jungle hill and have a +65% defensive tile. With delicious yields. One of the reasons I come back to this mod again and again is that everything feels OP (which makes it balanced) and it’s good fun abusing your trait or units to your advantage. You never get that in the vanilla civs except with actual OP civs)

I guess in VP culture’s the “quick win” that science is in vanilla... and I’m definitely bumping up the difficulty next game.

Culture is definitely the default "oops I snowballed" victory in VP. Diplo and Domination obviously require direct and purposeful work, and Science acts as the unavoidable victory for when culture stalls out.

Patchnotes for next version:

Code:
General
    Improvements to tactical AI, diplo unit AI
    Bugfixes and performance improvements
    Units less likely to explode when teleported
    Fixed issue with war weariness calculation
    Fixed UI issue with OoP for happiness types
    Github issue cleanup
Balance
    AI
        No longer gets small amounts of production when a human kills their units
    New metric for num city penalty:
        No longer considered razing cities as 'free' (so you can't exploit the function)
        Can now increase as well as decrease - if you have 5 cities, and lose 1, the city penalty is not stuck at 5
    Improvements
        Landmark gains +3c/+3g base
        Both build and owner (if not builder) get the +3 happiness now
    Happiness
        Slight increase to tech penalty (%200->%225)
    Difficulty
        Removed additional early unit for AIs King and above
            Unfun mechanic, barely helps AI
    Gamespeed scaling
        Added new gamespeed scaling value: InstantYieldPercent
            Used for all instant yield calculations in the game, instead of TrainPercent
        Current scaling values:
            Quick: 50%
            Standard: 100%
            Epic: 150%
            Marathon: 200%
        (for comparison, TrainPercent is 67/100/160/300)
        What this means:
            Instant yields will not be as strong in Marathon and Quick speeds as they are now
            Disconnecting this allows modders to fine-tune these values

Debugging today, may have a version to post this evening (reminder, I'm on EST in US).

G

Why'd you nerf Quick Speed instant yields? Wouldn't it make more sense to buff them or keep them the same?

Gamespeed scaling Added new gamespeed scaling value:
InstantYieldPercent Used for all instant yield calculations in the game, instead of TrainPercent Current scaling values:
Quick: 50%
Standard: 100%
Epic: 150%
Marathon: 200%
(for comparison, TrainPercent is 67/100/160/300) What this means: Instant yields will not be as strong in Marathon and Quick speeds as they are now Disconnecting this allows modders to fine-tune these values
Cool. It’s great to give some people more controlif they want it, but that’s a ton of work to overhaul any components which add instant yields via lua. Could you post an example of the new syntax for a GameSpeedModifier?

Current syntax used in our code is this:
Code:
local fGameSpeedModifier = GameInfo.GameSpeeds[ Game.GetGameSpeedType() ].TrainPercent / 100
local fGameSpeedModifier1 = GameInfo.GameSpeeds[ Game.GetGameSpeedType() ].FaithPercent / 100
local fGameSpeedModifier2 = GameInfo.GameSpeeds[ Game.GetGameSpeedType() ].CulturePercent / 100

Last edited:
Happiness
Slight increase to tech penalty (%200->%225)

Why?

Better idea: tech penalty = 0% to happiness and instead give a tech penalty to tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom