1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - May 19th (5-19)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, May 19, 2019.

1. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

Yup, here is the fix: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/5402 (and apparently for WW too)

JamesNinelives, Txurce and tu_79 like this.
  2. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

Did you upgrade from a previous version? (like 4-20, the last beta) New versions and betas are usually not savegame compatible with previous versions (but it still wouldn't necessarily explain a disappearing file)

3. frktest

frktest Chieftain

yes I did, but I started a new game.

4. frktest

frktest Chieftain

To better explain my question, with the previous gameplay I had the choice to load the savegame at the beginnig of a turn or the save of end turn; now that choice is not possible anymore. since I do load other mods too, I'm not sure if that is due to the new VP version or to a mod.

5. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

Autosaves are always generated at the beginning of a Turn as far as I know, so it must be a thing unrelated to VP I'd say.

6. psparky

psparky Prince

There is an item called PostTurnAutosaves in the config.ini file

I've often thought about trying it but never did. Maybe you had it set but it somehow got unset. I would be interested to know exactly what it does.

vyyt likes this.
  7. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

When you don't want to take the crappy cities of Ashurbanipal, so you start giving them to your City-state ally... until Napoleon bursts in and ruins everything ... how rude :nono:
    (that Tercio could have literally take Nineveh on that turn... so much for my plan to create the Empire of Hanoi :cry:)

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  8. crdvis16

crdvis16 King

If one wanted to start a new game on the 5-19 version with this update applied to address the WW issue, how would they do so? I haven't done much in the way of modding VP...

9. FaarmAnimal

FaarmAnimal Chieftain

Seems like these are fairly serious issues, It would be nice to get an official hotfix.

As for restarting, crdvis16, my guess is that swapping out the dll shouldn't cause issues. You should delete mod data and cache to be sure although often it is save game compatible. That there is no hotfix suggests it might not be.

crdvis16 likes this.
  10. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

You can just swap it with what is in (1) Community Patch. Here is how to do in details:
    Spoiler details :
    1) download the file from the link on Github
    2) go to C:\Users\ ... \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\ (1) Community Patch (or something like this, where the Mod is installed)
    3) you'll find the DLL file, delete it and replace it with the one you've downloaded

It's savegame compatible. I'm continuing my saved game and works perfectly.

crdvis16 and Txurce like this.
  11. arthurF

arthurF Warlord

Instability encountered. Crashes to desktop.

12. SpankmyMetroid

SpankmyMetroid Warlord

After finishing my second game, it seems to me like accidental culture victory is too easy (or maybe that’s the default way you win if you’re snowballing everything). I played a bloated 30+ city Portuguese empire in my first and won through culture without any real pro-tourism policies (progress - fealty - industry - order) simply by being head of science and culture and building all wonders past Medieval onwards. Never paid any attention to tourism, great works, or great people, I just utilized hammers and an obscene amount of money and before I knew it, CEP was available to build.

My more recent game was more reasonable, Morocco on continents. Was aiming for a tall diplo victory but ended up going thicc after plenty of land presented itself and my religion turned out to be extremely powerful. I had a hard time deciding but ended up going tradition - statecraft - industry - freedom so winning by culture was not as surprising but I was definitely gunning for a diplo and easily had the votes to do it (was just waiting for the techs). In the meantime I outpaced my rival in late industry and the gap just increased every turn from then. I never paid attention to tourism modifiers like keeping trade routes and borders open to culture rivals, it sort of just happened on it’s own. (On a side note, I love how Kasbahs don’t remove features so you can have one in a jungle hill and have a +65% defensive tile. With delicious yields. One of the reasons I come back to this mod again and again is that everything feels OP (which makes it balanced) and it’s good fun abusing your trait or units to your advantage. You never get that in the vanilla civs except with actual OP civs)

I guess in VP culture’s the “quick win” that science is in vanilla... and I’m definitely bumping up the difficulty next game.

13. Bhawb

Bhawb Prince

Culture is definitely the default "oops I snowballed" victory in VP. Diplo and Domination obviously require direct and purposeful work, and Science acts as the unavoidable victory for when culture stalls out.

14. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Patchnotes for next version:

Code:
    General
        Improvements to tactical AI, diplo unit AI
        Bugfixes and performance improvements
        Units less likely to explode when teleported
        Fixed issue with war weariness calculation
        Fixed UI issue with OoP for happiness types
        Github issue cleanup
    Balance
        AI
            No longer gets small amounts of production when a human kills their units
        New metric for num city penalty:
            No longer considered razing cities as 'free' (so you can't exploit the function)
            Can now increase as well as decrease - if you have 5 cities, and lose 1, the city penalty is not stuck at 5
        Improvements
            Landmark gains +3c/+3g base
            Both build and owner (if not builder) get the +3 happiness now
        Happiness
            Slight increase to tech penalty (%200->%225)
        Difficulty
            Removed additional early unit for AIs King and above
                Unfun mechanic, barely helps AI
        Gamespeed scaling
            Added new gamespeed scaling value: InstantYieldPercent
                Used for all instant yield calculations in the game, instead of TrainPercent
            Current scaling values:
                Quick: 50%
                Standard: 100%
                Epic: 150%
                Marathon: 200%
            (for comparison, TrainPercent is 67/100/160/300)
            What this means:
                Instant yields will not be as strong in Marathon and Quick speeds as they are now
                Disconnecting this allows modders to fine-tune these values
    Debugging today, may have a version to post this evening (reminder, I'm on EST in US).

G

tu_79, Omen of Peace, SupTo and 9 others like this.
  15. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Emperor

Why'd you nerf Quick Speed instant yields? Wouldn't it make more sense to buff them or keep them the same?

16. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

Cool. It’s great to give some people more controlif they want it, but that’s a ton of work to overhaul any components which add instant yields via lua. Could you post an example of the new syntax for a GameSpeedModifier?

Current syntax used in our code is this:
    Code:
    local fGameSpeedModifier = GameInfo.GameSpeeds[ Game.GetGameSpeedType() ].TrainPercent / 100
    local fGameSpeedModifier1 = GameInfo.GameSpeeds[ Game.GetGameSpeedType() ].FaithPercent / 100
    local fGameSpeedModifier2 = GameInfo.GameSpeeds[ Game.GetGameSpeedType() ].CulturePercent / 100

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  17. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

Very sweet changes, thank you! :)

18. FaarmAnimal

FaarmAnimal Chieftain

Happiness
    Slight increase to tech penalty (%200->%225)

Why?

Better idea: tech penalty = 0% to happiness and instead give a tech penalty to tech.

19. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

This is nonsense.

20. FaarmAnimal

FaarmAnimal Chieftain

Thanks.

Looking forward to trying the new version