1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - October 17th (10-17)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Oct 17, 2017.

1. BazaarJack

BazaarJack Chieftain

Late to the game, but agree with the overall sentiment here. Winning monopolies is such a fun mechanic for the fact that they are impactful. If anything I'd like to see them buffed, and remove some of the more generic +5 happiness or +25% GA length.

@Gazebo - Would it be possibly to just delay the effects of a monopoly until Medieval like with Vassals and buff them? Also, my feedback at work is that I don't provide enough positive feedback... so, I'll be explicit and say I'm really impressed with all the other changes, and excited to try them out.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  2. Sardauker

Sardauker Chieftain

The weird vassalage situation I keep getting is having to kill tons of their units and take a few of their towns to reach the necessary war score to enable vassalage as an option. Then the next turn they become some other AI's vassal with whom they have not lost any towns or noticeable units to.

crushboss likes this.
  3. crushboss

crushboss Chieftain

My main strategy is playing Russia to stay ahead on technology and using Great Engineers to build World Wonders quickly and effortlessly. This will make my games more difficult for sure.

I don't think monopolies needed a nerf. The bonuses don't mean much mid to late game anyway but it is nice to have them count for something. Most of the time I only have 0 - 3 monopolies.

I still turn off the Vassalage system when starting new games because it still doesn't function properly. The AI gets vassals easily and for no apparent reason while the player cannot establish them even with great effort. When I leave the Vassalage system turned on, in nearly every game, the AI establishes a vassal within the first 50 turns of the game. The vassal isn't much weaker than the ruling civ which makes them a powerful empire early in the game. The logic for vassalage needs a lot of help!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    black213 likes this.
  4. BornTBWild

BornTBWild Chieftain

Got a really annoying bug:

Whenever I start a savefile, the game starts with the monopolies screen and co-operations open, and pressing close will not close it at all.
    In fact, nothing will close it at all, it basicly lock me into this screen without the option of doing any other action, essentially locking me out of the game and making it impossible to continue.

One fix would be to keep playing till the end without saving, but not every person has that time in the world :p
    In case you were wondering, the only mods I have enabled is all the mods that were included in the auto-installer (i've had this with and without other mods after some "testing").

5. Cerest

Cerest Warlord

I'm not able to invest in Wonders (via gold) for some reason o.o is this normal? I don't see anything about this on these patch notes.

6. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

If they were not at war against that AI, it is a bug. Voluntary vassalage is not possible when at war.

7. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

1) Did you try : un-queue the wonder, try to invest, put the wonder back in the queue.
    2) Investment no longer allow to overflow. If the wonder is already 75% completed, it is too late to invest.

8. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

In my yesterday game, I build wonder for less then 75%(if I remember right), and was unable to invest. Maybe game don't understand that it is a wonder and think about overflow...
    Someone need to test this with wonders, if it really present - report about it.

9. SLGray

SLGray King

That is not really weird. They just do not want to be vassal to a civ that was at war with them. This happens a lot in other games, like Galactic Civilizations.

10. thecraftybee

thecraftybee Warlord

I really dislike the changes made to Fealty. I generally found it to be quite powerful and synergistic and so I am not surprised to see it nerfed. However, I'd have much preferred to see a numbers nerf. The way it is implemented now breaks so many synergies and timings. Having the reduced faith costs in the opener was vital to getting up faith buildings quickly and efficiently. Now to take advantage of the bonus I feel I have to delay my faith buildings and having an extra building (Monastery) become available 2 policies before I can get the reduced costs just feels sad.

I would love to see the Fealty changes reversed for the sake of gameplay, and numbers reduced if you feel the tree is too powerful, or some other solution.

11. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

That doesnt make sense.

The Monastery is available earlier, so you effectively recoup the faith you would have saved. Thats ignoring all the other yields.

The real loss is a slightly slower Missionary spread, and being discouraged to buy other faith buildings.

I think its an improvement in terms of gameplay, as now you have a more impactful choice in saving faith to enhance, buying buildings, or spreading.

Gokudo01 likes this.
  12. matlajs

matlajs King

Finally i have finished 10/9 Ottoman game. Easier than any other previous games of its strategy. But i have noticed, that police station yields from killing spies are missing/ notification missing.

13. Workerspam

Workerspam Prince

This feels like it comes down to individual play style. If you tended to go for passive follower beliefs then this change introduces an additional choice on how to spend your post-founding faith: gain yields (Monasteries) vs. spread religion (missionaries) vs. enhancing (prophet).

If your inclined to pick religious buildings for your follower beliefs this just adds an additional building that will sit in your build queue as you have the same decisions you've always had only now the choices to spread or build are more expensive since the discount comes later.

This policy swap has a negative impact on my play style. However, it makes Fealty more relevant if you miss founding (you can spend that faith immediately on Monasteries) and slows down the religion game (slower missionaries) so as much as I'll miss the previous ordering I have to agree, this seems like a good call for gameplay.

14. Sardauker

Sardauker Chieftain

In my experience they are at war with the other AI I'm fighting. Just the other AI doesn't have a warscore of any import, where I did all the work to get the score that high score and another AI comes in and ends the war and gets all the benefits. I don't think anyone is saying the AI shouldn't use all diplomatic options to fight against a big foe, just that right now it feels like an exploit of the vassal system.

15. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Impossible. The AI cannot accept vassalage during war if it has more than -90 warscore.

G

16. Sardauker

Sardauker Chieftain

How do you check others warscores with each other? The only thing I noticed was that if the AI was I was beating was at war with some one else, even if they didn't seem to be losing any units or cities to the other, I had to push for vassal or some one else would take it. Now, maybe they shipped and a lost their units across the world where I couldn't see, but that that would be really weird since I was their neighbor and heading straight toward their capital.

17. neo_arcadia

neo_arcadia Warlord

If you hover on the portrait of Civ leader on the right screen you will see their war status and war score. I think it only shows up on EUI though. Another way is to access diplomacy window in the same window you can see their social policy and wonder.

matlajs likes this.
  18. intelli

intelli Warlord

I got vassalage at 86 just yesterday.

19. ShadedSkies

ShadedSkies Chieftain

One new thing I've noticed with this patch is barbarians spawning right next to city states, followed by you getting a quest to remove them as they are instantly wiped out by the city state.

It is possible that this always happened and I just didn't notice it because you wouldn't get a quest so fast before.

20. Legedi

Legedi Chieftain

Noticed other people were having CTD issues this patch, and I just had my first with this MOD. Posted to bug forum. First time posting there, so let me know if I missed anything.

Was bummed, as I was playing China for the fist time since their remake, and was going so well.