New Version - October 24th (10/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn you VP team! :mad: I returned to VP after playing Civ 6 for awhile. My game with Nebs on immortal went as usual everything was going fine. Then Alexander declared a war on me. I was kinda happy because he had city I really wanted. He attacked with few hoplites and archers. Okay this will be easy I though. I had maybe five bowmen, two horse archers and a spearman. I killed his attackers no problem. Then I started attacking his city with my bowmen and though this city will be mine very shortly. And then it happened waves and waves of hoplites. He crushed my attackers one by one and forced me to retreat. He pushed me back and took two of my cities with some triremes and dromons(these guys especially worked great), hoplites and archers. It was amazing. The AI was very efficient with its second attack. As great as I think I am at defending he destroyed me with great tactics and pure numbers. I sold everything I could to my friends to get some units. No luck. I lost. I have never lost like this. I had good tech level, good army, good infrastructure, I was prepared I thought and still I was beat.

This AI is truly amazing. Hats off to you guys. Civ 6 devs could learn a lesson from you.:king:

Hello everyone.
I have already said that in the past but this mod is truly awesome. Big thanks to Gazebo and the team.
I have a little issue with the last version. Everything worked perfectly until the 360ish turn. At this moment I can't press the "end turn" button even though I have nothing else to do (nothing happen).
I tried to find the source of the problem but so many things happen at the start of this turn ( a war between 2 ai, an event ...) that I didn't manage to. If you need more information and/or a save, I will provide !
Thx

Edit I forgot to say that I am 100% sure that my install is correct, I uninstalled everything game included yesterday and installed the mod right after. No other mods are installed.

Hello everyone.
I have already said that in the past but this mod is truly awesome. Big thanks to Gazebo and the team.
I have a little issue with the last version. Everything worked perfectly until the 360ish turn. At this moment I can't press the "end turn" button even though I have nothing else to do (nothing happen).
I tried to find the source of the problem but so many things happen at the start of this turn ( a war between 2 ai, an event ...) that I didn't manage to. If you need more information and/or a save, I will provide !
Thx

Edit I forgot to say that I am 100% sure that my install is correct, I uninstalled everything game included yesterday and installed the mod right after. No other mods are installed.
Check your automated scouts, see if one of them needs a command. There's a small quirk where automated scouts are not released by the AI properly, and they block end turn.

Gazebo as usual the whole lot of you do an amazing job. You guys took an ok game and made it awesome. Thanks to the lot of you. And nice job engineer too your mod mods are great.

There are still some occasional minor weird-ish tactical decisions made by the AI.

For example, I'm at war with Rome and Auggy decided to send a single spearman to my city in a way it ended right next to my fully healthy walled city with two of my spearmen that were, through ZOC and nearby ocean, preventing him from getting away the next turn or two.

In general I've seen several instances of the AI sending a single unit to attack my city without seemingly a good reason, despite the clear danger of getting destroyed in the very next turn. Not sure what to make of it. But still, all in all the AI has been phenomenal!

Thanks a lot Gazebo. I took in consideration what you told me and deleted all groups of units until I could end the turn.
Apparently 1 frigate and 1 aeronef that I had previously put to auto to explore were the issue.
Thannks for the help.

Damn you VP team! :mad: I returned to VP after playing Civ 6 for awhile. My game with Nebs on immortal went as usual everything was going fine. Then Alexander declared a war on me. I was kinda happy because he had city I really wanted. He attacked with few hoplites and archers. Okay this will be easy I though. I had maybe five bowmen, two horse archers and a spearman. I killed his attackers no problem. Then I started attacking his city with my bowmen and though this city will be mine very shortly. And then it happened waves and waves of hoplites. He crushed my attackers one by one and forced me to retreat. He pushed me back and took two of my cities with some triremes and dromons(these guys especially worked great), hoplites and archers. It was amazing. The AI was very efficient with its second attack. As great as I think I am at defending he destroyed me with great tactics and pure numbers. I sold everything I could to my friends to get some units. No luck. I lost. I have never lost like this. I had good tech level, good army, good infrastructure, I was prepared I thought and still I was beat.

This AI is truly amazing. Hats off to you guys. Civ 6 devs could learn a lesson from you.:king:

I got crush in one game in almost the exact same way by Alex and his hoplites, side by side and with promotions, they were unstoppable with ancient era units and even cities with walls fell to them. Didn't help that he actually back stabbed me when I was responding to another DoW.

You guys are making me jealous. All he did in my game was build an armada of dromons that were no worry at all to my inland cities and attacked me with just a few hoplites. I suppose I can blame that on him joining the dogpile because I had a great start and everyone attacked me with subpar units.

Do I need to have min. 3 :c5citizen: Citizens to get Progress opener bonuses? ( :c5science: Science for a new :c5citizen: Citizen and :c5culture: Culture for researching a Tech)
I got :c5culture: from Ancient Ruins and chose the Progress tree and after a new :c5citizen: birth I didn't get a :c5science: boost. I got it only after 4 :c5citizen: Citizen was born, but 2 and 3 - I didn't.

Or maybe it's because of some bug in JFD's CultDiv? (I didn't get 2 free :c5citizen: Citizens in my Capital).
Quite the same question for me. With Persia, I just hadn't the 2 pop bonus with JFD's while I may have other bonuses (units or techs...)

I'm really impressed with the tactical AI in recent versions. Greece started out hating me because that's what he does (http://i.imgur.com/KPChapJ.jpg) and right before declaring war on me, he dropped a Great Diplomat on a city-state right next to my borders so I had to deal with their units as well, and when I was fending off his attack he pulled back and then tried attacking a different one of my cities.

Same game also had a pretty funny occurrence where China's second city got stomped by barbarians and was at 0 health for something like 10 turns straight (fortunately for China, the barbs never seemed to spawn a melee unit), it's nice to know that the AI can have trouble with them sometimes too.

Have to say it's also nice to not have to set up before attacking with siege units from a quality of life standpoint. It makes me wonder if they deserve a slight nerf since it makes them even better than they already were for defense.

Anyways, thank you, and great work as usual.

I've played this mod for months, so thanks for all the hard work. It truly is a masterpiece.

I have also noticed that siege units are now very good at defending, especially with logistics. Played a game as Korea today and hwacha/cannons on roads just kill everything quite easily.

I understand that Industry have been outperforming Rationalism, I'm not even going to argue about that point, but these are a lot of changes at the same time, and that usually doesn't turn out well.

Also I still really don't like how Scientific Revolution(that is the monopoly policy, right?) works.
The problem is that there is just way too big of a difference between +15% extra production and +15% golden age duration or +3 happiness. I understand that wording is a problem here, you can't really fit every separate monopoly and how the policy interacts with it into the text, but how about just phrasing it as "doubled monopoly bonuses", I mean at this point that's the effect the policy has on most monopolies (and a doubled effect can't really be unbalanced, assuming the base values are balanced).

Yeah, I really don't think that there should be a social policy tied to monopoly bonuses, it's a cool idea but just way too hard to balance.

Also, for imperialism I would rather see +1 happiness from armories (or military academies) for the synergy that this social policy tree needs

I agree re: monopoly bonus. I'd be happy if the social policy was no longer tied to monopoly bonuses or if the monopoly bonuses were reworked so the "global happiness" bonuses was sufficiently buffed or changed. It could be changed to 1.) a base global happiness bonus (like now) PLUS +1 happiness for each tile with the resource worked, 2.) base global happiness bonus (like now) PLUS 3 global happiness for each era, or 3.) removed altogether and substituted with other types of bonuses (GA length etc.). Numbers would have to be balanced.

If the social policy remains, I'd recommend doubling the bonus for global happiness.

Hi again Gazebo !
I am at the end of my game and I have an issue almost similar to the one I had with the explorers making it unable to end the turn. Right now I have the message telling me that I have to construct something in order to end the turn. When I press it, it goes to my capital but it is already building something ( and so are all my cities ). Thus I can't end my turn.
Moreover I guess this is a known bug but many times leaders will come and ask me for an empty deal.
Thanks for the mod and the help.

Hi again Gazebo !
I am at the end of my game and I have an issue almost similar to the one I had with the explorers making it unable to end the turn. Right now I have the message telling me that I have to construct something in order to end the turn. When I press it, it goes to my capital but it is already building something ( and so are all my cities ). Thus I can't end my turn.
Moreover I guess this is a known bug but many times leaders will come and ask me for an empty deal.
Thanks for the mod and the help.

That's a vanilla bug – try exiting and reopening the game.

Empty deals? Are they requests, demands, or regular trades? In any case you should make a github post and post a save before it happens.

Regular empty trades ( I'd say around 20 empty trades during the whole game ).
I'll try to find a save before it happens.
Thanks

I am trying to find you a correct save Gazebo but in the meantime I have encountered one last issue in my game. I am not sure if it is a bug or just me who don't understand one mecanic of the game.
I have some big happiness issue in my game ( my fault, I screwed up big time ). So I was looking at my happiness / unhappiness. For the happiness part in the economic overview, I see in "global building happiness" 6 although when I check city by city I see Babylon 16 and all other cities at 0. So I have no mention of -10 explaining the total of 6 when everything added is 16 ( 16 + 0 + 0 + 0 ...)
What is really weird is I removed one water mill by mistake in a city and suddenly I gained 10 happiness just from that and when I checked, my global building happiness went up to 16 at the second I removed the water mill.
Thanks again

Edit I got somescreenshots and save before/after the selling of the watermill if you need them
Edit 2 http://imgur.com/a/QFhvQ the only thing I did between the 2 screenshots is selling 1 watermill

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom